Get tae! It's never, Drive Club!
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    There's something iffy about the handling alright. Who actually plays with chase cam?!?!

I do actually. Never have liked the in car view.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bumper cam all the way. In car can be impressive but rarely practical unless you've a fancy set-up.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    @sas's post last page

Hope you're right!! MS was a fine launch game, so I the think i still have done faith...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Actually, thinking about MotorStorm, that had some multiplayer-breaking issues when it first dropped, that got patched out.  So I think it's right to anticipate some early churn here too...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Not saying this is fact, but from what I've garnered from press releases over the years is that devs prepare various demos showcasing certain features in isolated circumstances. They'd then release these demos via videos or playable segments over time up til launch. God of War 3's demo just months before release was an incredibly early form that changed dramatically when it was finally finished. When you've got demos for things that are working for joe public to consume you beaver away behind the scenes sorting out all the optimisations, at this point it's not worth putting together a new segment featuring the optimised code as you'd rather be putting the finishing touches to the final product, eliminating bigs etc. Just my 2 cents. May be wrong...

this is all true if you keep up with what the devs have been saying.
    this last video/demo were to show off global illumination and in other videos there going to show how it works with dynamic weather like fog, snow, thunder/lightning, rain, etc.
    hopefully theyll have something ready for tgs.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Actually yeah, I see Tokyo Game Show - I thought we'd had it though, what was that one the other day?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tokyo Game Show

Starts this Thursday.

JMW wrote:
    Actually yeah, I see Tokyo Game Show - I thought we'd had it though, what was that one the other day?
    PAX
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    other one were just a pre-tgs sony conference.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I can't work out if it's the capture, the YouTube or the game causing the massive stutter. Given yesterdays events I'm guessing the latter.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Looks like a ps2 game.
  • That is genuinely fucking awful
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Posters on RLLMUK are being kind about this because its producer is a long-term member. I had lots of fun with Evolution's WRC when the PS2 was new, and that had slightly dodgy graphics, but save for McRae 2, it pushed on ahead of all other PS1 rally games.

This apparently offers very little over numerous current-gen options. I think it looks quite a bit like GTA V.
  • Surely it will be a completely different looking thing on a 50 inch HD tv than in a youtube video.
  • Kow wrote:
    Looks like a ps2 game.

What I was thinking too.
  • Escape wrote:
    I think it looks quite a bit like GTA V.

Yeah those bits with the Satellite dishes and the sunset reminded me very much of GTAV. More worrying than how this gen it seems graphically, the handling didn't look any different to GTAV either.
  • You're not going to get a graphical racing powerhouse with all the online MP elements I guess. At least that's the sort of game I thought it was. A bit like expecting MAG to look like CoD this gen, it'd be missing the point and practically not going to happen.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You should be able to expect that on next gen flagship racers. It certainly shouldn't look current gen.
  • Haven't watched it, but I assume it's the one I posted a while back in the PS4 thread which was alpha footage.

EDIT: Yep, same vid, but it was beta not alpha. Bit harsh saying it looks PS2 era. More current like Goober said.
    Could be why they've delayed it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, giving it the benefit of the doubt for YouTube, it looks decent, but certainly not stunning, for current gen.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Looks rubbish in hd too. Bland and featureless track, looks dull as ditchwater too. Older Forzas looked much better than it. They're going to have to do some serious work on it to even approach interesting.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Anyone watching that would surely reconsider any new console preorder they may have had.
  • I'd argue that their biggest challenge is creating interesting tracks to race around seeing as they're not using licensed locales.

GT looks stunning in current Gen and runs at 1080/60, but has licensed tracks, so Driveclub has it's work cut out if it wants to be relevant on release.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    shoulda put this to accompany the vid.
    The time of day is accelerated by x60, which is why the video covers from 6pm – 9pm in Chile in just three laps. Accelerating the speed of time is something you can choose to adjust before you race and it’s also why the sunlight disappears so quickly at 1:58. :-)

Design Director Paul Rustchynksy is the driver. He’s using a Thrustmaster “T80 DRIVECLUB Edition” wheel, which explains why his last lap (in first person racing view) is the fastest.

The video was captured in one take from a version of the game still in development. Optimisations to the visual quality of the game are made every day, so while there are lots of impressive details on show you may also spot some things we’re still working on – like improving the anti-aliasing for certain assets and making sure that nothing pops in to view.

We decided to show this time trial event with on-screen display disabled, because lots of people wanted to see this and it’s something you can choose to configure in the game. We noticed that when we did this, the game still plays the sound effects for Overdrives, so we’re fixing this.

The way that we have captured each car’s distinctive audio is evident here because we’ve disabled the in-game soundtrack music, but we’ve actually just made further improvements to the quality of the audio in the game today (and fixed the backfire so that you can hear it properly on the Audi R8 V10 Plus), so it’s still getting better.

All lights illuminate the environment authentically. The dashboard fully illuminates, so you can see the glow of the buttons in the control panel above the rear-view mirror and you can see the reflections in the windscreen and the driver’s window. Similarly, you’ll notice that the brake light illuminates the car’s active spoiler in the first two laps. Hopefully this will draw your eye away from the glitch with the car’s tyre smoke (which is missing) and excessive anti-aliasing on the Audi’s bevelled rear window frame… which we are of course still developing.

The reflector lights (cats eyes/snake eyes) on the safety barriers surrounding the track reflect light authentically too. You can see this most clearly at 02:30.

Ghost cars (and opponent cars) are all fully realised in the rear-view mirrors, but there’s currently a small glitch that makes them render incorrectly when the sun goes down. This will be improved by launch.

The crowds release balloons throughout the race. The balloons should react authentically to the wind and light up correctly at night – and appear less frequently too – but the game is still in development after all.

There’s a tiny portal to another dimension (aka a glitch in the world) at 0:32. We’ve fixed it in the game already.

The sky is clear of clouds so that you can see the stars twinkling up above. This won’t always be the case; you can choose how clear or cloudy the sky is when you set-up a race and it will be uniquely generated every time. On the occasions when the fog rolls in and you can only see the tips of those mountains in the distance… and the cars in front are casting long shadows towards you as the sun rises or sets on the horizon… and you’re breezing through it all 150mph… it’s utterly sensational!

Not only do we model every car in staggering detail inside and out, we go to great lengths with the environments too. Check out the observatory tower at 1:47 and 2:37!
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...ht-transition/

If you’d like to see a version of the video with significantly higher image quality than shown on YouTube (and a closer representation of how the game looks on PS4), you’ll be able to download the 1080p video online soon.

Higher quality: 
    http://www.gamersyde.com/news_drivec...-14613_en.html

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Motorstorm was the opposite of dull and featureless. I can't of assumed they'd have been spending the last chunk adding jazz. Who knows, maybe they now are.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you said that was a 360 launch game I wouldn't doubt it.
  • Yeah, not seeing anything that GTAV doesn't already do as an element of a much wider game.

A dedicated racer on next-gen hardware should be blowing us all away. This is underwhelming at best.
  • It looks good enough if it played brilliantly. Probably not what they want from a launch racer though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!