Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sorry to hear the news guys :(
  • Shit, nine is no age. Sorry to hear that Matt. Belle looks like a great dog from that photo you posted.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sorry Chalice, but wow 23, what in innings, not that makes it any more pleasant

Thinking of both of you
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I let little Clay Clay off the lead in the park today, first time off the lead without my parent's dog there to keep him under control a bit.

He did well responding to his name and running back to me. He is bloody fast though.
  • 2z7igpw.jpg

So this is Cooper. He’ll be ready to come home with us in another three weeks. Just got to meet him for the first time. Already adore the little bugger.
  • Amazing. He looks a right character, great name choice too.
  • Oh my. What a baby.
  • Awesome pupper :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Somebody wants to go on another walk.
    U8XdWHeh.jpg
  • He’s got a taste for freedom now …
  • poprock wrote:
    2z7igpw.jpg

So this is Cooper. He’ll be ready to come home with us in another three weeks. Just got to meet him for the first time. Already adore the little bugger.

You've got really girly hands, pop.
  • Must be summer, straight in the water.

33410585293_a46a7a4cf3_h.jpg
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Proboscis, the thing has got him.
  • Any pro-tips on kitten-proofing a house? Thinking specifically to keep the buggers safe, rather than protecting items from them.

Was considering some of those toddler-barrier things?

Basically just want to ensure they don't kill themselves. Obviously things like keeping them away from bleached surfaces, stuff like that. Any other useful ideas?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Top dogs on show lads
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    They're pretty durable and extremely inquisitive. Just a case of making sure things are put away, in not too long you will end up finding the little bugger perched on top of an open door unsure how to get back down, it's just in their nature. Also make sure that if you have kitchen units (or any units) that they are boxed off properly, as they will go under to investigate, and whilst they will come back out again when hungry I did worry about him chewing through power cables under there
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeh
    A baby gate would have to be solid or with tiny spaced slats to stop a small kitten. 
    They will get everywhere. 
    It will bite and scratch you when playing but don't freak out (or hit it) it just doesn't know it's hurting you yet and will grow out of it. 
    The claws are like monofilament, they can cut atoms. 
    Just make sure everyone is really, really careful when the kitten is running around on the floor, do you have kids? A clumsy unaware kid can do some damage to a kitten.

They are generally made out of rubber and will tumble and fall with no damage.

Some orchids are highly poisonous to cats. The pollen on the stamen i think.

DO NOT FEED IT COWS MILK. It will get the Shits and the stink will be incredible.
    In general kitten shit is from the fourth layer of hell.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Oh and for general long term kitty health think about not buying the big name cat foods either dry or wet. 
    They all contain carbs and vegetables to keep the cost down which leads to things like kidney failure and diabetes in later life. 
    Cats are one of the few animals on earth that get ALL their dietary needs from meat. So adding rice or pasta (found in most of the big brands to bulk out the thin) is completely unnatural to them. 

If you give the cat dry food you will need to put some water down. They won't drink much if you give wet food, so don't panic.
  • Zooplus.com do a lot of German cat food that is pure meat. Not cheap of course but then neither vet bills for diabetes or kidney failure.
  • The pollen from lillies can kill them as well, and if you happen to handle antifreeze for whatever reason, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before you touch your cats, it's poisonous to them, dogs as well I think.

R.e. chewing cables: that wee bastard tibbs has destroyed 2 Xbox headsets of mine, and various phone charger cables. Rub lemon or lime juice on them (the cables, not the cats) to deter them from doing it.
  • Is it Lillies? Im probably wrong.
  • Furniture...
    Fingers crossed you don't get a scratchy cat.
    But don't get a scratching pole just yet, see what type of scratching it does. Some like to scratch vertical, some horizontal, then buy the appropriate scratching thing.
  • I love cats. Fascinating little nut jobs. 

If all depends on your kitty but if it's really timid you might want to get some felliway plug in thing. (It's like a wall plug scented thing, you won't smell anything). It mimics hormones that calm the cat. 

If it's really young wrapping a old fashioned ticking clock in a thin blanket and putting it in its bed can reassure it when it goes to beddy time (like mums heartbeat). 

Sorry for the posts these things are coming to me randomly.
  • Thanks lads, some useful tips. I was already concerned about the little shits getting behind the washing machine and sink as there's a sizeable gap. Gonna be plugging that up next week.

Was thinking a baby gate with some sort of mesh or such, if it exists.

They have an arrival date set now, 10th May.

Here are pics from last month, so they're a bit bigger than this now:

This is Tonkotsu (Tonkochan)

LO6aJON.jpg

...and this is Fuku (Fukuchan)

1058p4O.jpg

Cute little buggers.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The main hazard with a kitten is getting stuck somewhere - so you are on the right tracks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Ooh. Two together, they'll probably be fine, not nervous etc...
  • Aye, brother and sister, always together in the litter apparently (probably says that to everyone).
  • That's good. I worked with a woman who got a kitten then 4 days later went back and got the kittens brother because her heart broke leaving that one behind. 
    The cats never got on again. 
    The first cat was like 'this place is mine' and they just fought forever. 
    But you know horses for courses, ymmv etc...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!