A thread for the pets
  • They're wee crackers.

Imo, putting mesh on the gates will just make it easier for them to climb over them. You'll need to accept that they'll get into places you don't want them to. Soon as they realise you don't want them going into those places, they'll stop........i mean no, they won't stop, they'll do it even more because, cats.

For the first year or so, they'll likely veer between being wee loveable fluff balls and being wee arseholes.

R.e. scratching: tibbs scratches fuck out my couch. If you identify a place they're scratching a lot but you don't want them to, cover it with double sided tape, they won't like their paws sticking to it. Long as you provide an alternative, they should move on to that eventually.

Get used to the daft hour, where they randomly run at super extreme high speed around the house (with tibbs it's around 8am, after he's had his meat, and again around 8pm after he's done a shite), i can only imagine what it'll be like with 2 of them!

I love cats.
  • In regards to scratching. Get a really good scratching post and put it in a main thoroughfare.
    If the scratching post is the best thing to scratch for them and it is on their route they will use it rather than your furniture.

It's also worth getting a coir mat, cats love scratching them.
  • When i was a kid we had sibling cats, loved them both to bits. 
    I always remember my mum going mental when they used to climb up a curtain each, like a race, during their mad 10 mins.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I think our cats are siblings. They were hanging around together when we found them, although one was a bit bigger than the other. There was also a third, who was a bit too wild to take in - the neighbour down the road feeds him though and he's still doing well.

Neither of ours have ever attacked chairs and sofas much. One of them (see avatar) likes to scratch the shit out of the rug, but more as a way of getting attention (she knows we don't like it). Mostly they sharpen their claws on an old wooden plank in the garden, or even on a tree.
  • Yo nick you got MCs yeah? You can can but really big, wide cylinder scratching posts from pets at home that will stand up to being pulled on by a big cat without going over. They're about £30 I think but they're really good, mine loves his.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    Get used to the daft hour, where they randomly run at super extreme high speed around the house (with tibbs it's around 8am, after he's had his meat, and again around 8pm after he's done a shite), i can only imagine what it'll be like with 2 of them! I love cats.

Forgot all about this, but yeah Nimoy would normally start 0430-0500 during the week 0600-0630 at the weekend

Just suddenly for no good reason just start bombing from one side of the room to the other or up and down the hallway, you want to hope your two are in sync on that one, as if they end up taking turns you won't enjoy two hours of it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I always put that madness down to the hunter kicking in at dusk. Our cats at home never lost that - it was always the cue to chuck them out for the night once they were out of kittenhood..
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Now that looks like a dog who is happy with life.

One week ’til I pick Cooper up. Hype level is HIGH.
  • A 4G signal means I'm still at the park, Candy spraying my phone screen with gloopy saliva, as I upload this. What a time to be alive.

• I can't do the big throws for Brams any more.  He'll chase one or two, but then he'd start to plod for the rest of the walk.  He much prefers to just walk whilst truffling for delicacies these days, with the occasional up and down ball kick.  Also, if he finds a tennis ball on the walk he'll carry it the whole way, but if I bring one that already belongs to him he'll keep forgetting what he's done with it until I have to confiscate it (which is when he decides he wants it again).
  • I_R wrote:
    33656791803_b4010a4d10_b.jpg

You ash-faced cur!
  • I hope his ears are nice and soft.
  • Today's kitten day. Missus at home and just taken receipt; they're confined to the spare room at the moment. Apparently one of them is going hyper and running around determined to destroy lightning cables and the other is crying a lot :(

Missus quite worried / upset. I've assured her is just settling in time. Luckily all animals love me so when I get home I fully expect them to be purring quietly in my lap.

Will photo when available, have taken the next 2 days off to help acclimatise them.
  • EXCITE.

(Even though they’re cats.)
  • nick_md wrote:
    Today's kitten day. Missus at home and just taken receipt; they're confined to the spare room at the moment. Apparently one of them is going hyper and running around determined to destroy lightning cables and the other is crying a lot :(

Missus quite worried / upset. I've assured her is just settling in time. Luckily all animals love me so when I get home I fully expect them to be purring quietly in my lap.

Will photo when available, have taken the next 2 days off to help acclimatise them.

They'll absolutely be fine.
  • Aye that's what I said, they'll be dandy soon enough.
  • This little maniac is Tonkotsu AKA Tonkochan:

FLi9396.jpg

And this cutey is Fuku AKA Fukuchan:

rUWjbMN.jpg

Both settled in quite nicely now, even had Fukuchan on my shoulder earlier. Both pooing and weeing where they should be, both completely ignoring the bed we got for them in favour of random clothing or the comfy pillows in the spare room.

They went mental at 5.30 this morning, was like Aliens, little paws bounding around... this corner, that corner, goddamn walls etc.

Am leaving them alone for various periods whilst I do DIY downstairs, they seem fine with it, which is good. Tonko in particular seems super keen to escape the spare bedroom, where we have them confined currently, and explore the house. Fuku is a lot more shy and only tends to do things when Tonko leads the way (Tonko is the boy, Fuku the girl).

Kawaii ne

193PpdI.jpg

Don't be fooled by the faux tranquility in these pics at all, Tonko in particular is a little devil.
  • Yaas!

Lovely kittens.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Absolute wee crackers mate. Gorgeous.
  • They's gonna be some big kittehs, look at the size of those ears already!
  • nick_md wrote:
    ... both completely ignoring the bed we got for them in favour of random clothing or the comfy pillows in the spare room...

Yup, they're definitely cats.
  • Fuck U is a great name for an animal.
  • What little beauties we have there. Bless them forever xoxo
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yay, love me a kitteh
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!