A thread for the pets
  • Oh totally but this one would have fully fallen into already established laws I think (it was in Ireland so I assume so).
    Poor fella, he is well developed in his front legs but his hind legs are so skinny from never being walked for the first few years. It's interesting to see the difference in the two dogs physically, one brought up on 5-10 miles of walks a day and the other in a cage. 
    Max, their other dog is a right chunky monkey but nearly all muscle.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Ffs, for some reason I didn't even think of the car that hit him.

They’ve committed an offence.
  • We suspected so but my dad's focus was on the dog not the car as you could imagine so he didn't get a number plate.
  • On a side note, don't get pet insurance through Aviva or anyone they underwrite.

They wouldn't let the vet claim directly and wouldn't settle until Ted was given the thumbs up from the vet. Given that Ted had plates and pins it meant the vet had to monitor him with a couple of monthly checkups, eventually he left the plates in.

Then they took a month to pay up.
    The upshot is he was hit at the beginning of August and they only just got the money off Aviva.
    It was the best part of 5k as well, luckily my parents had savings.
  • Yeah, I suppose that's often the way it goes.  You're required by law to stop if your vehicle hits a dog - but not a cat - is my understanding? (based on nothing other than what I've heard people say in the past)

Edit: at the post two up.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You're required by law to stop if your vehicle hits a dog - but not a cat - is my understanding?

Yeah that's what our vet said when we brought Pip in.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Holly is insured by more than but I actually have very little idea about how pet insurance works. Do I get charged more the following year the more I claim (and not just cos dog is older)? Does it depend on the provider?

Sounds stupid, I know, but I've never had to claim on any insurance ever. All I know is that my car insurance is extortionate.
  • I think it depends on what you claim for. Ted's insurance didnt really go up on renewal because it was an accident.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Good old Pip!

Looking good.

All other furry friends looking splendid too. :)

And bollocks to that arsehole who hit and ran.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I think it depends on what you claim for. Ted's insurance didnt really go up on renewal because it was an accident.

Thought it might be something like that. Good to hear that Ted is all fixed up.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You're required by law to stop if your vehicle hits a dog - but not a cat - is my understanding?

At Police College it’s taught as ‘SHAMPOG DFC’.

Sheep, horse, ass, mule, pig, ox, goat, dog, f___ (I forget what goes here, might be foal), cattle/cow.

The thing is, the legislation only lists, “horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog,” so the mnemonic is curious. It diversifies, possibly to make it easier to remember, because shampogs pop up elsewhere, in another bit of legislation about animals. We’d talk about a ‘poor wee shampog’ when discussing examples.

- - -
    LivDiv wrote:
    On a side note, don't get pet insurance through Aviva or anyone they underwrite.
    I recently cancelled my pet insurance, as well as the boiler insurance. All insurance is a fucking scam, but I found those two particularly egregious.

I’ve set up a bank account, and I’m paying more than I paid to the insurance companies into it, to get the pot up. Hopefully I won’t need it. If I do, I do, but at least I decide when it pays out and what for.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    We suspected so but my dad's focus was on the dog not the car as you could imagine so he didn't get a number plate.

Sorry, yeah, I’m not criticising your dad. Just pointing out that the driver is legally a cunt, not just ethically and morally.
  • Thats cool, I didnt think you were.
    Given that the dog was on a lead which was in my dad's hand I would argue he was involved enough that it's potentially leaving the scene of an accident.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Thats cool, I didnt think you were.
    Given that the dog was on a lead which was in my dad's hand I would argue he was involved enough that it's potentially leaving the scene of an accident.

The driver or your dad? I’m lost...
  • The driver, sorry I assumed gender of the driver there and confused the sentence.
  • The closeness of your dad doesn’t matter. It’s a reportable road accident by virtue of causing damage to an animal (which wasn’t in or on the car or a trailer towed by it).
  • Which means it’s an offence to not stop and provide your dad their full details.
  • Yeah, the driver is a grade A dick. As are the people who didnt even stop while my dad was in the road retrieving the dog but instead drove around him.
  • Big love to all the top puppers and Pip over the last few pages. Muh heart, etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Q78NeML.jpg. Don't worry about this boy he is being well and truly spoilt.

He has his own sofa!
    Can-of-sprite
  • Awesome :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Idgi. That's clearly an expensive catbed bought for a cat, but the cat it was bought for is happily using it rather than refusing to acknowledge its existence.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    When I die I want to come back as Pip.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • What a gorgeous boy! You get yo z's bby <3
  • Skade, that is a top, top cat.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I suppose it goes without saying everyone has seen these.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I love that guy, despite Buzzfeed. His nature thing is frankly better than Planet Earth.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Hadn't seen the diaries, very good.
  • Clay wouldn't walk this morning. 
    He got in a huff because he had to wear his jumper, I took it off and he wanted to go home as he was too cold.

Now he is desperate to go for a walk but it is pissing it down.

Boy's gotta learn.
  • Remember all those videos of dogs going potty when their humans disappear forever behind a magic curtain?

It's maybe a 2 on the bothered scale.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!