#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh my.  I'm slap bang in the middle of Fallout 3 at the moment, so I'm not sure I'll be taking the plunge right away...

I think I need my head examined.
    Get schwifty.
  • Think I'm gonna leave this for a while as well. I am really looking forward to it, but having downloaded Minerva's Den last night and with Metroid Prime Trilogy arriving today, I just haven't got the time to play it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This keeps crashing on me on PC :*( I'm close to not having the energy to keep playing on
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That so wasn't the smiley I actually drew
  • I think this DLC has been way too long in coming tbh.  Gotta get down with Dogma before I return to Skyrim.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I am really enjoying this again. Up to Level 16. Yes, I am way behind the party.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    This DLC is too late for me, even if it was free I'm not sure I'd bother...
  • Same here.   I think.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I picked it up. Why not eh
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I think this DLC has been way too long in coming tbh.  Gotta get down with Dogma before I return to Skyrim.

Maybe it took a while because it's been done right? I don't mind a wait if the quality's there.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Absolutely.  Bethesda will definitely be getting my money for this, but right now I'm having far too much fun with Fallout 3.  Looking forward to reading some impressions, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • Space wrote:
    Maybe it took a while because it's been done right? I don't mind a wait if the quality's there.

Its about timing though isnt it? Im against Day 1 DLC cos thats just takin the piss. But wait too long and people are going to move on.

• I don't know if there's an easy answer for what they do about DLC. I doubt if more than half the people who bought this have finished the main quest yet, the number that have got close to finishing everything will be tiny.
  • How do you start this thang?
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Speak to city guards apparently.
    Get schwifty.
  • Ahh. Cheers.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Space wrote:
    Its about timing though isnt it? Im against Day 1 DLC cos thats just takin the piss. But wait too long and people are going to move on.

Move on from what? A good game? That's like saying you'll not play a new Zelda because it took years to develop.
  • Space wrote:
    Move on from what? A good game? That's like saying you'll not play a new Zelda because it took years to develop.

Nah, it's like saying you won't play a new Zelda because you only finished the previous 150 hour long one last week.  There's definitely a sweet spot.  Release it too early and people scream "day 1 DLC!" and no-one plays it if it fits in after the main quest.  Release it too late and anyone who's actually kept at it has either lost interest or long since finished it, and don't fancy picking it up again.

If Dawnguard fits in after the main quest I think they've made a mistake there.  On the other hand, releasing something like a line of side quests wouldn't be as epic as a new main questline.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Space wrote:

You were screaming for this not too long ago.  You certainly moved on fast.
    Get schwifty.
  • I broke this game for myself by overlevelling archery. I've got loads left to do but it's completely boring now. I can't switch combat because everything else is completely underdeveloped compared to the enemies. I could start again and try and be more balanced but I'm not sure I can be bothered.

For that reason, I'm out of the DLC. 

Although maybe in a year or two when all the DLC is out, and I can stomach replaying so much of it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I did a similar thing, one shotting mammoths, dragons, anything basically.

With the top armour you can afford you can go back and use melee/sword/magic weapons on lower level grunts to start the levelling and swap back to archer for the proper bad guys.

I don't think the enemies level with you that closely. Not as close as in Oblivion at least.

Did I dream you could pay in some way to re-spec a character?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Did I dream you could pay in some way to re-spec a character?

I think you did.

When I changed to bows and light armour I suddenly found myself at quite a disadvantage too.  I simply kept to the overworld for a while and got a few levels under my belt before hitting the dungeons again.

I should stay out of this thread otherwise I'm going to end up buying Dawnguard this weekend, and I really don't want to get distracted from Fallout 3 as this is like my fourth attempt to actually finish it.
    Get schwifty.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Fired this up for the first time since Kinect day and it had a 23meg update on top of that it seems. Any idea what that patched/fixed? 

Took a while to remember how to play (jump is Y button, run LB FYI) and it seems that the voice commands will take a bit of reacquainting with if you're not in US of A as usual but Kinect really does make this game. Screw that menu guff.

I'm lvl 40 but never bothered with too much bow stuff (or overpowering enchant/smithing iirc) as the sneaking always seemed a bit dull compared to lunging in good ol' King's Field style and mashing huge swipes at enemies with the odd timed shield bash. 

I don't think I'm very far in any of the actual main stories, I have an inventory full of random quest style items that mean nothing to me and yet it still takes very little time to get back into the swing of things. Blood dragon totalled, some named dragon stumbled onto (no idea what that's all about anymore.. am I hunting named dragons at certain sites? Rings a bell somewhere and I did have a map of them in the inventory… hmm) and by the time i'd actually strolled to the quest location my inventory was full. (bastard dragons!!) 

I can see myself trying this again for another day or two and going for all this vampire shite. Bonza!
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard wrote:
    Fired this up for the first time since Kinect day and it had a 23meg update on top of that it seems. Any idea what that patched/fixed?   Bonza!

Not sure on fixes but you can now hit people while you are on horse back.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    You were screaming for this not too long ago.  You certainly moved on fast.

300+ hours stretched over 2 characters - not what I call moving fast.

You see, it's the Banoffee Pie thing all over again.  I like Banoffee Pie.  I could eat Banoffee Pie until the cows come home. But then, it reaches a certain point, where the mere sight of Banoffee Pie makes we wanna hurl.

Ergo, TES is just like Banoffee Pie.
  • Its not, ive tasted it, its definately plastic
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No, Blocks, we're not talking Skyrim time, we're talking real time.  Wasn't it just four to six weeks ago you were hankering for this expansion?

As for Perm, he fucking LOVED this game not so long ago, now he can't be bothered?

Anyway, whatevs.
    Get schwifty.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I will buy and download and play Dawnguard.

(once it hits patch 3)
  • I've no intention of getting Dawnguard; I didn't even finish all the quests in the main game, no reason to buy more of the same.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!