Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mrs Pea just surprised me with John Cooper Clarke tickets for next year, she couldn't keep the secret.

I'm excited.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    That's a questions: Anyone ever welled up in a gig?

I welled up hearing Roky sing Splash 1, was a special moment for me, very moving in an otherwise disappointing gig (all Elevators, which I love, but he can't do no more. Wanted more Evil one).

That song means a lot to me and to hear it from the man himself just did things, it was like I was there by myself and it was being performed just for me. Will never forget.
    Yeah, was Antony and the Johnsons, went to see him with my mom, was not too long after my dad died, and Antony's music was one of the last things he enjoyed before he got too sick.

So sitting there, hearing Antony share personal stories with everyone, but also that voice. It was just him (or I think her these days) and the piano. So beautiful, and triggered loads of emotions, both good ones and sad ones.
  • Twice. Once at Jimmy Eat World at the HMV Forum in London when they played Clarity and Bleed American back to back in full. For Me This Is Heaven is a song that got me through some really dark times around my dad's death and they never really played it live, but that night they did and I was a mess.

Secondly, I welled up a wee bit at the end of Tom Petty during the summer there in Hyde Park. Aye I was full of the sauce but it was just an amazing day and American Girl just floored me. Real bucket list moment.
  • Yeah but I'm a cryer in general anyway.
  • There was a bit during a John Prine gig recently where I was a little bit choked with how much I loved it.  There was an elderly guy absolutely loving Hello in There, which is occasionally introduced as 'the one about old people'.  He was really moving forward and back in his chair, ever-so-slightly marbles lost but fully in the moment.  T'was proper nice.
  • I know it’s an awful cliché, but I got weepy listening to Chris Cornell doing Black Hole Sun solo and acoustic. It was a mid-set break during an Audioslave gig – the Rage members all left, Cornell picked up a guitar and just went into it. House lights down, stage lights down, only illumination was from pinprick lights in the black backdrop curtain – looked like he was lit from behind by tiny stars. That voice. I don’t think it was the sentiment of Black Hole Sun that got at all, more the shared moment. A couple of thousand people in total silence and reverence for the length of the song. I know I wasn’t the only one wiping tears away by the end.
  • I had a wee tear in my eye on Saturday when Brian May sang Love of My Life, well, we all did. And then Freddy joined in from the screen. Proper lovely it was.

https://youtu.be/mOKxWV4mjJE
  • You have a more feminine voice than expected...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah but I'm a cryer in general anyway.
    Yup.

I have never cried. I felt an emotion during Do You Realize though.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Yeah but I'm a cryer in general anyway.
    Yup.

I have never cried. I felt an emotion during Do You Realize though.

Oh shit.

The lips have me either grinning like a goon, or with a tear in my eye every song.
    Can-of-sprite
  • I have never cried at a gig.  

But I have once pissed myself.

Does that count?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I did fall asleep in a bass bin at Hull Uni once. That was between bands though, I’m not daft.
  • I remember having a conversation with my sister late last Saturday about her buying Paloma Faith tickets for my dad's 70th net year.  He loves a bit of Paloma, comments on pictures of her in her knick knocks on Facebook and everything.  Plus we're pretty sure he likes her music.  Due to drunkenness, what I don't remember at all is agreeing to be the one who goes with him to the 02 in March.  Oh well, they're booked now, I should probably have a listen.  What's the general consensus?  I'm pretty sure she's part of the standard hootenanny brigade so I doubt she's awful.
  • Kooky. Amazing voice. Several great tunes. Lots of filler. New album is a clunker.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Kooky. Amazing voice. Several great tunes. Lots of filler. New album is a clunker.
    Pretty much. Fingers crossed she does more singing than talking.
  • I'm not sure papa moot will care either way.  Will do some listening today, thanks.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    California sure does like their new marihuana law.

Went to Low End Theory (electro /hip hop night, lot of locals, very hip I think) last night, to catch Thys from Noisia (he did a set during NYE in LA too, but didn't go there, expensive and a lot of names I don't care for) and the whole garden was stoners paradise. Think B was the only one smoking just cigarettes. Although there was this guy in a nice tie-dye shirt, born in Brooklyn and living in Hollywood, spoiled kid complaining that he lost his bag of coke, he didn't really smoke weed either. Just kept coming to B for cigarettes to keep his panic attacks under control. I now also know he wants to go to Amsterdam to spend money on sex and go to Berlin to get pissed on.

Was also the first time I've been somewhere that had a line to get back in if you went outside. Almost missed Noisia, luckily people keep moving around enough so we could get inside again. Played a good set, some tame impala, aphex twin, zappa, flamenco, the doors and a lot of bass.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    go to Berlin to get pissed on.
    paging @noxy
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • g.man wrote:
    Kooky. Amazing voice. Several great tunes. Lots of filler. New album is a clunker.

Nailed it, there. You should get work as a music critic.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    paging @noxy
    That's what I was thinking off. Seems like, within context, it's a fairly normal thing to happen.

Conversation got to the point where we were wondering if it would harder to get into the Berghain or to get pissed on when you're inside. That's apparently what keeps the LA club goers busy.

• poprock wrote:
    g.man wrote:

Nailed it, there. You should get work as a music critic.

I'll add.

Was a little kooky but got a big hit approved by the BBC-masses and now just spurns out nu-soul turgid nonsense whilst trying ever ever so hard to sound "soulful" on each and every song. Utter garbage. Over-produced, trying-so-hard-to-be-black, content-by-committee, wishy-washy BBC 2 shite. Avoid.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    paging @noxy
    That's what I was thinking off. Seems like, within context, it's a fairly normal thing to happen.

Conversation got to the point where we were wondering if it would harder to get into the Berghain or to get pissed on when you're inside. That's apparently what keeps the LA club goers busy.
    Sounds like a memorable conversation.

• DUDS tonight in a bagel shop in Chinatown.  Which would also be great name for a band, 'Bagel Shop in Chinatown' but unfortunately it's the venue I'm having to squeeze into later this evening....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dr. Funkenstein back again around June I think, tickets a little pricey at £45 but this is a genuine hero and living legend. Seen 4 times now I think, always good. Think I'll make this 5. Gonna get dat doo doo one more time at least.
  • Saw Hayes Carll in Hackney on Monday, good gig.  Voice wasn't quite as fucked as it was last time.  Supported by a chap called Beans on Toast who was lively/likeable (and mentioned John Prine twice).  Was a sort of Frank Turner type - talky folk 'n chat - if he was an enthusiastic busker who also worked nights in an office and missed his pillhead days.  Did songs about his nan and people eating too much chicken, including himself.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hot Snakes on Friday. Woo!

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Slowdive next week, expecting a high energy show.
  • Paul Simon playing Hyde Park with James Taylor supporting, very expensive especially including travel on a Sunday night then the Eels playing in Manchester in the first time in ever I want both but doubt my wife will be happy.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!