Gigs
  • Just slip out the back, Jack.
  • So jealous. After seeing Petty there last year I called it that Simon would play Hyde Park again.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Hot Snakes on Friday. Woo!

ZOMFG so best.
  • Menzingers and Pup absolutely blew me away tonight. What a gig.
  • As did Nadine Shah for me on Thursday night @ LEAF. She didn't pull any punches either in relation to the scabby BBC journos hanging around who were lamenting the inclusion of 'politics' in her songs.

Off to see Irma Vep play the Castle Hotel tonight, which I anticipate will be more of a low key affair....

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I am at Slowdive RIGHT NOW
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Wanted to get Gaslight Anthem tickets last week as they'd be playing The '59 Sound in full, in the Barras, maybe the best venue in the world (and I'll fuckin fight anyone who says otherwise).

Scottish ticketing company tweet that they're on sale, I notice this 15mins later and go to buy. Oh, its Ticketmaster handling it. Oh, they've got no fucking tickets left but look! Their completely official and totally legit reselling site GetMeIn that they own have some! And! They've taken the useful step to tell me how much it'd cost from there! Only 90 quid! Wow! What amazing value and business practice!

Get fucked so so so so hard, Ticketmaster. Absolute scum.
  • Maybe tweet the band about that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well, in my multi-tweet, rage fuelled rant immediately after, I tagged all three parties involved. Not a peep.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    As did Nadine Shah for me on Thursday night @ LEAF. She didn't pull any punches either in relation to the scabby BBC journos hanging around who were lamenting the inclusion of 'politics' in her songs. Off to see Irma Vep play the Castle Hotel tonight, which I anticipate will be more of a low key affair....

Picked up the Nadine Shah CD the other day. really like it.

Hoping to get Beck tickets that go on sale on Friday. He's playing one headline show in England this year in, of all places, Bournemouth. I guess they will sell out really fast.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Stuart Braithwaite was claiming on Twitter that some bands have arrangements with these secondary ticketing places so they get a bigger cut of the more expensive tickets. He specifically called out Coldplay.

Take that with as much salt as you feel is necessary.
  • As much as I love both them and that album, fuck the £50 they were charging for face value. Fuck £90 from a reseller even harder in the ear.

Just over a week to go until the 2003 Tour*, Hell is for Heroes playing The Neon Handshake in full, A and Vex Red. Just a shame we couldn't have got Hundred Reasons involved as well.

*Not it's real name but it totally should be.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Stuart Braithwaite was claiming on Twitter that some bands have arrangements with these secondary ticketing places so they get a bigger cut of the more expensive tickets. He specifically called out Coldplay.

Take that with as much salt as you feel is necessary.
    Yeah, that sort of thing, while clearly difficult to prove, is certainly not unheard of.
    Gaslight Anthem might well be a shower of cunts.

• For me it was kinda easy, unless you're a professional "tout" with a slick team of folk behind pc's ready, how in the fuck are you gonna go through the already lengthy buying process from Ticketmaster, get tickets, THEN set up separate pages for them on GetMeIn within 15mins?

TGA may well be, or maybe their management. It's just fucked tbh.
  • Aye, certainly looks like someone's at it.
  • Paul Simon @ the Hydro on sale tomorrow morning. Sigh... Let's try this one.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The most frustrating thing about this secondary ticketing lark is that it would be such a simple thing to stamp out, it baffles me why there’s no law against it.
  • yay-16067444.jpg
  • Only football tickets should be restricted Yoss.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The most frustrating thing about this secondary ticketing lark is that it would be such a simple thing to stamp out, it baffles me why there’s no law against it.

It doesn't happen with Premiership Football. Why is it allowed to happen with live music tickets? The Tory's did say something about introducing legislation to prosecute the bots.  But how do you reprimand a bot?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Slowdive were glorious then, what a comeback.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I have some of their stuff somewhere. Shoegazy innit?
  • Blocks, it doesn't happen with Prem tickets because it's illegal to resell football tickets.

Some clubs have partnered with these crooks to resell tickets for face value plus a fee, but because of the law it's not the vastly inflated fees concert tickets have.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I have some of their stuff somewhere. Shoegazy innit?
    Yah prototypical shoegaze. I recommend a listen to their new album (first in 23 years). They seemed genuinely happy to be there and if you like a squall of heavenly guitar noise washing over you I don't think I've heard better live.

• Nobody else need care, but I'm super-excited to be going to see Martin Carr (ex-Boo Radleys songwriter) next week. I bloody love him.

In some ways I'm worried in case it's somehow a disappointment. But mostly I'm just thrilled he's touring again.
  • From the Bench at Belvidere is one of my all timers. It's a proper foot tapper and has the High Fidelity effect (Beta Band) with my work colleagues.

Randomly my mate Simon used to be the Boo Radleys manager.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Got ma Paul Simon tickets. Phew.
  • Nice one Gav. We all went in for my dad's 65th for Hyde Park but apart from the experience of being outdoors I reckon an arena is probably the better option. Not too far off actually!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Cheers! Was hoping it'd be just me and the missus but my mother sent me money for hers at the last minute.... Sigh..

We done one of those British Summertime ones last year for Tom Petty and as long as the weather is good, you'll have a great time. Really well organised events. Good stalls for food, very friendly security and staff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!