regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I grabbed the Zelda and Wiimote pack for £15 in game last week, along with the Mario all stars for £17, which were kind of what started all this off
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I grabbed the Zelda and Wiimote pack for £15 in game last week, along with the Mario all stars for £17, which were kind of what started all this off

Skyward Sword?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • That's an amazing price. I guess now the WiiU is well and truly buried wiimotes aren't as in demand.

I think Game are quite good for pricing and wii game hunting. I bought a selection a few months back (Wario, Trauma Center 2 and something else) and was chatting to the member of staff about how cheap they were. He said they price based on quantity in stock and desire to shift it rather than market (read eBay + X%) value like CEX do.

In other words it is worth checking on the regular because while it means they may sit expensive for a long time they may suddenly drop.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Skyward Sword?

Yep, the one on the top of the stack in the picture
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's an amazing price. I guess now the WiiU is well and truly buried wiimotes aren't as in demand.

I think Game are quite good for pricing and wii game hunting. I bought a selection a few months back (Wario, Trauma Center 2 and something else) and was chatting to the member of staff about how cheap they were. He said they price based on quantity in stock and desire to shift it rather than market (read eBay + X%) value like CEX do.

In other words it is worth checking on the regular because while it means they may sit expensive for a long time they may suddenly drop.

The guy selling me those two (and bass fishing) was genuinely surprised there was an All Stars sitting on the shelf at that price and said he would have kept it for himself if he'd known.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Skyward Sword?

Yep, the one on the top of the stack in the picture

I’ve only ever listened to the CD.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Dante or some of the other guys who have worked there might know but I imagine at head office they just do a percentage price slash en masse with this stuff now. Not worth a buyer's time to sit there and tweak individual prices.

Sounds like you got lucky with timing Reg.
  • We used to price the second hand stuff up ourselves in Game/EB, including the amount offered for a trade-in.  Was an odd system and they were pretty late changing it imo.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Possibly of interest to some:

• Wow officially licenced too
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Do the wireless ones work with the original hardware? If so, that's epic. Even if they're just for PC, they're still pretty good - bootleg USB Saturn controllers still sell pretty well (so I read somewhere), so an official wireless one would be great for playing Street Fighter V et al. on PC.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They're said to be offering Bluetooth dongles for the Dreamcast and Saturn, but we'll have to wait and see.

I wouldn't mind an official Saturn pad for 2D games.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    They're said to be offering Bluetooth dongles for the Dreamcast and Saturn, but we'll have to wait and see.

Neat. With the DreamPi as well, it's getting more and more tempting to set up my Dreamcast again.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone here a Nintendoage forum user? Feel I should get involved due to the ins it offers r.e. collecting / selling, but just wondering what the general tone of the community is
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Welcomed as Brother Reg, or shunned as a lightweight... Maybe there's a Metroid test to get in.

In other news, I've downloaded Daum's DOSBox to try out his HQ2x shader, and it's pretty damn impressive. Right-click and save as All Files. Despite the name, it's not that hq2x. You leave that line as default: scaler=hardware2x

And then load the shader with: pixelshader=HQ2x.fx

I only made two other changes: fullscreen=true and aspect=true

D3D compatibility isn't as good as Ddraw, though. I also had to make this change, but I'm guessing that's only because I run Windows at 150%:

DOSBox.png

FUSION 3.64 I had to do the same for.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Welcomed as Brother Reg, or shunned as a lightweight... Maybe there's a Metroid test to get in.

Winks at camera

Metroid is my only game

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've been quiet of late gaming-wise.

My head had gone to a weird place. My Asteroids Deluxe cabinet has failed again. After some checks I've done with a multimeter guided by TNT, the conclusion is the power supply has malfunctioned - it isn't delivering the required 5v to the game board - only pushing just under 4v. They fit a brand new one as part of the refurb but they've said sometimes a component will fail. I suppose sitting in a cold container for a month or so didn't help. It's a fair bet this caused the initial chip failure.

TNT are pretty sure they know which component has failed but they are sending me a new complete unit. It's easy to fit - only needs a screwdriver - but it's a royal pain in the arse and to say this has taken the shine off things is an understatement.

Since this thing has arrived I haven't picked up a gamepad - I just don't want to play games. I've been watching some youtube playthroughs , but that's it.

It's very odd.There is a lot of shit happening on the home front at present. A fairly significant garden landscaping project is in full swing along with the stresses, disruption and financial impact that goes with that.

Wifey has partially retired and we are in the middle of getting finances sorted out - selecting the right balance of cash up front and ongoing income. Wifey has also booked a bloody holiday for the 4 of us to Florida. I'm not a good traveller and I'm not good at spending money on holidays to that's another source of stress.

My daughters are a source of stress too. 'A' level year for the younger one and the elder one is being a typical 19 year old. 1st year at university - out and about an awful lot - and it's a source of worry.

This cabinet is such a big bloody purchase I feel guilty enough without these tech issues with it. The fact it is so big too - it's just bloody there - not in the way - have a perfect niche for it - but it's there. Not working.

Re work - have a big server room move project in 3 weeks - the strain of that isn't helping either. And generally with work I'm pretty unfulfilled and am treading water. And subsequently feeling guilty as I am well paid.

The casualty has been gaming. Something which has always been a distraction for me and a way of relaxing - another reason for my preferences for simpler arcade style games that allow one to mentally switch off. I'm blaming the cabinet for it but maybe it's not.

Anyhow. Wrong thread. Carry on.

TLDR - Asteroids not working. Will get it sorted but given current life could well do without it. But pissed off with gaming (or maybe myself for spending so much on a bloody toy that doesn't work).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ultima VIII: Pagan

hq3x

Ultima1.png

HQ2x.fx

Ultima2.png

Apols for the slight misalignment. It's a much bigger fullscreen difference in the flesh, where you can see the latter's AA effect more clearly. You can maybe see it on the crenellations' edge lines.
  • Sorry to hear that, Davy. I get a healthy dose of buyer’s remorse almost every time I spend money, so I can begin to imagine the scale of it with a purchase that big and expensive.

BUT, it is a positive that this power source is easy to fix, and a full replacement is on the way, and it's probably the cause of the inititial problems you’ve had. With a bit of luck, when you swap it out, you’ll have your fully functioning Asteroids cabinet.

You shouldn’t feel guilty about how you’re feeling at work. They amount you get paid has no bearing on how fulfilling the actual work is.

As for the teenage daughters... fuck knows. I have no idea with that one. Glad they’re your problem, and not mine. ;)

I get the disinterest in playing, though. I thought stopping buying games would help me plough through my backlog, but instead I’m paralysed by choice, and instead have binged on Netflix and Lego. I decided to take part in the 52 games challenge, and have finished one game.

If this malais continues, speak to your doctor, and vent in the mental health thread.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    ... the elder one is being a typical 19 year old. 1st year at university - out and about an awful lot - and it's a source of worry.

If it helps I only drank myself into A&E once while at uni.

Wait. Never mind.
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Last bit about Fusion 3.64, I'm using these settings:

Fusion1.png

VSync tanks the framerate on my laptop, so I leave that off. Window Size and Full Screen Resolution should be the highest values available. Filtered depends on the plugin, and looks much worse in some cases; it's typically recommended for Quad and Scale4x. I find Scale4x nice-enough-looking and one of the smoothest for motion. I downloaded the plugins here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0hg0s2

As for the controller, I'm using a DualShock4, which is plug-and-play under Windows 10. All I had to do was change to it here and run Define (make it a six-button pad):

Fusion2.png

@Moot_Geeza gets no points for guessing the game.
  • Landstalker! Loved that game.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yes! You can have a point.
  • Escape wrote:

One of the very few games I have actually completed.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • davyK wrote:
    My daughters are a source of stress too. 'A' level year for the younger one and the elder one is being a typical 19 year old. 1st year at university - out and about an awful lot - and it's a source of worry.

Christ, dropping mine off at nursery is stressful enough.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    One of the very few games I have actually completed.

I prefer it with scanlines at 25%, but found they hurt my eyes after a while. Gorgeous game.

Land_Stalker.png
  • Landstalker was my ALttP.  Part of the triple threat with Soleil and Thor.  

Davy's Vicarious Asteroids Adventure is tough going (in a good and bad way, don't stop the updates).  Hope you get back on track.  As Andy says, I wouldn't worry about being overpaid for treading water; I'll go out on a limb and assume you've earned it over the years.  The holiday would stress me too, I rarely do 'em because being at home is awesome.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Christ, dropping mine off at nursery is stressful enough.

I remember that only too well. Daughter 1 was bad enough but we found it worse dropping off the 2nd one (11months between our two girls) then. Wifey broke down in the car after realising that they would be in different rooms.

It doesn't go away. That's all I can say after 19 years.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Special warnings on Dreamcast discs:

• I'm on the whisky tonight, booked a day off tomorrow. It's got me reminiscing about Landstalker, after Escape's posts. One of the greats.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!