Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • To be fair to PD they seem to have put most of their time into bringing the handling up to scratch, giving it an overhaul to give cars real weight and suspension.

I do hope, after sticking on GT5 today, that PD has also streamlined the installation process and general UI. A 40 minute install that actually took in excess of an hour, with the timer constantly flicking back and forth, just isn't good enough. Then there are the constant load screens between menus, having to install each DLC manually within the game, etc. that are just a barrier between player and game, frankly.

The online on 5 is terrible too. Lobbies that are unnecessarily complex, lag all over the place and a general lack of structure and clarity just make it a pain to find a proper race.

If these are fixed for 6, I'll be happier than if they'd added 20+ tracks or 500 cars.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    agreed online needs major work. Make it easy to play randoms, Have a point to online maybe? Maybe a rank system or unlocks or something. Make it easier to spam invites and even a tournament mode would be nice.

Cannot wait to get back into GT. Career mode needs to be more like the older ones where you get  different cars for finishing endurances, I remember doing one over and over just to get different cars.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Aye, maybe separate it from the career mode? I think I'd prefer set cars (like Arcade Mode) instead of having to use your career cars. Or maybe have that as an option, at least.
    Just having general race playlists instead of confusing lobbies would be a start.
  • The UI and ting are supposed to be dramatically improved in regards to load times and whatnot. It's part of the reason I'm still in the maybe camp for a day one purchase.
  • I'm sold on the game already but it's nice to know some of the problems have been addressed.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm hoping they've got rid of the overtake races and gone back to time trials in the licence tests. For me, the licence tests are my favourite part, I know a lot of people hate them.

Thanks to my new wheel I'm looking forward to this far more than I would have been, wheels are great, they make such a difference, couldn't go back, blah, blah, yadda, yadda.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    I'm hoping they've got rid of the overtake races and gone back to time trials in the licence tests. For me, the licence tests are my favourite part, I know a lot of people hate them. Thanks to my new wheel I'm looking forward to this far more than I would have been, wheels are great, they make such a difference, couldn't go back, blah, blah, yadda, yadda.
    This.

Not sure I can warrant getting a wheel for the XB1 now given that the Thrustmaster is the same price as a PS4 and the MadCatz looks like it will be more expensive than that...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    looks like @escape may have got 1 of your wishes as it seems a lot faster now..... 
    (even though you tubes only 30 fps)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BxrmljqFU8

• A lot of the License Tests had Skid Recovery Force turned on and you couldn't disable it. So they were utter rubbish for me, couldn't stand that shit.
  • Picture here for the lazy -

BZyLAwiIAAEyoH4.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    its that the gt5 app? 
    and whats going on in your sig?

• Sorry - my post got messed up - I did some mock ups a few years ago because I was so appalled with the state of the UI in GT5!

Not sure what's going on in my sig
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Watch the UK's fastest Gran Turismo gamers battle it out in 'GT Academy' for a chance to become a pro racing driver. Tonight at 8pm on ITV4.
    lol.

• So people have this now and they're uploading footage to youtube. Here's Bathurst night-day racing:

Seems to have a good sense of speed and the track itself looks like it'd be scary as hell to race at night in real life. Weirdly the AI cars seem to have no head-lights (or does the player's lights overpower them) during gameplay while they do in the replay, can't remember if it was same in GT5. Shame about the weedy sounds too - detracts from the sense of immersion.

And a tutorial type event at Brands Hatch - with a wonderful sky-box:

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Nice to see the full curcuit at Brands. I've not been round Dingle Dell for many a year. Bestest named turn, ever.

Not ordered this yet, think I'll try Flubit, see what they can come up with.
  • That Bathurst video is amazing. Such a stunning track, can't wait to get on it next week!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Curcuit. Dear god.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I have a working Fanatec CSR!

I do hope they've improved the sensation of speed. Playing a bit of 5 tonight, I'd forgotten how hard it is simply due to the lack of visible speed. The FFB's poor, too. Everything has to be done by memory.

Lovely pedals, though. The inversion kit's great, and I've lightly modified the brake to reduce its spring tension. Swapped the clutch and brake, as well.

[edit]

Oh, arr: I've a couple of X2010 videos from earlier this year to upload. I'll do that soon. I capped my gold runs on Suzuka and Nurburgring, and then ran a few decent laps around a few tracks. Nothing amazing - I stopped as soon as I had a good lap in the bag for each - but my first lap of Suzuka was nice.
  • Suzuka might be favourite track in the series. Loved hot-lapping in the Ferarri F1 while listening to the Demon's Soul's soundtrack. There's something about entering those S bends at high speed and carrying through right on the ragged edge that never gets old. 

Think the best I managed there in the Vettel Challenge event was a silver, easily the hardest thing in Gt5.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Silver's very good. Within three seconds of gold, I think. Nurburgring is actually harder, I'd say, but you leave the track less often due to lower speeds. If Suzuka had just a few tenths of leniency for leaving the track, it wouldn't be half as horrible. I did my first lap as hard as I could, and then backed off to 80/90% for my second.

Suzuka's probably my favourite track in 5, but you know I bang on about R11 and Complex String. O. Rome, Seattle...
  • Do upload those gold runs Escape, It'd be interesting to see how you managed it.

I almost got gold at Monza, but was nowhere near it on the Ring. Think I just settled for the bronze there. The ease of disqualification definitely led to loads of frustrating moments. 

I think those tracks you've listed are too good to just leave by the older-gen wayside. Seattle is almost a certainty to return. I've seen it used in one of PD's car industry-promo vids (for the new NSX iirc), while R11 & Complex string are fan favourites so they should be a priority too (along with Pikes Peak) - but PD do seem to march to the beat of their own drum, so they can be difficult to second guess.
  • Eurogamer go in-depth with the GT6 UI, looks to be a massive improvement :

• Ouch indeed.
    A video has also appeared online showcasing the dealerships from the game – and giving us a look at several cars, including the Ford Mark IV ’67, which costs 20 million credits. That’s just shy of £120 if you’re paying in real money. Ouch.
  • If it's anything like GT5, and the seasonal events are back, 20 million isn't that hard to save up!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Thought Shopto would dispatch my copy today, was hoping to get it tomorrow. They've not even taken the money yet, I'm slightly worried.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Ouch indeed.
    A video has also appeared online showcasing the dealerships from the game – and giving us a look at several cars, including the Ford Mark IV ’67, which costs 20 million credits. That’s just shy of £120 if you’re paying in real money. Ouch.

Isn't all the code out at the minute oddly running at Jap economy levels? I wouldn't be surprised if 20mill in the review code turns out to be more like 20k in the Eu markets. Maybe...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Seems to work out that you should knock off two zeroes to get the equivalent here.
  • Wasn't gonna get this due to buying an Xbox One this week, but was given a freebie by our Sony rep!
    I also happen to have the next two days off...
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Full review on my desk by 10pm at the latest, please.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!