Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • Gt6 is out tomorrow and still no reviews anywhere? Makes me a bit suspicious.

Staring into my crystal ball I see that Edge and Eurogamer will put the boot in over poor sounds/ai/general sterility and go with 6s.... maybe.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Don't say that! I'm hoping for eights. Embargo ends at 8 in the morning, did I read somewhere? Or was it 8 tonight? Or have I just got 8 on the brain?
  • Hmm, might have been holding the crystal ball upside down. Mad rustiness all up in my soothsaying skillz.

I'd like it to be great too, so I can buy the fuck out of it and get my drive on over Christmas.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I'm secretly hoping for nines and that it be hailed The Best Racing Game In The World Ever.
  • Well tomorrow should prove to be interesting at least. Looking forward to seeing what kind of reception it gets following the mixed one that Gt5 recieved.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    From what I've kept an eye on from GTPlanet and the Gaf it does look to solve a lot of the gaming irritations I personally had with 5. The speediness of all the menus, the coffee time games are back, a host of courses I would like to try out in daft motors (C'mon the Brands! Up lOrd March's driveway etc) and the old GT Wheel can be brought back into service. It was under £40 too. 

Knowing GT it would likely be a 6/7 at launch and possibly develop into a 9 over the course of 6 months. 
    The concept of opening a satnav app to the course generator already has me interested more than a bleedin' Moon buggy and some pretty pics. I certainly liked the handling of the demo that got me to pre-order anyway so look forward to Amazon dropping it through the door tomorrow. 

If they can get started with some better MP lobbies and things then it could be a great move. It is PD though so thats probably not really going to work 'till the big 2.0 patch in summer next year.. 

There's always hope.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Had about an hour with it so far and it's certainly a big improvement over 5 in terms of both handling and AI. The AI has a little more spacial awareness and will try to close the door on you in corners, hound you if they're in the faster car behind, but it's still a little timid at times in career mode.

Was a little unhappy at being forced to buy the first car the game wanted me to buy. No choice in your starter vehicle is a big no-no in a game like this, but luckily it became a decent ride with a few minor upgrades.
    Still has that fairly ordinary track order in the beginning though, recycling familiar locales instead of showing off the new additions - with the exception of Brands Hatch, which is nice.

Visually it's not exactly a massive leap up from GT5 but the cars do have a bit more detail and the tracks themselves look a bit nicer (except for one or two shockingly low res textures, though they're rare), I think more effort has been put into the handling/suspension/weightiness than anywhere else.

The menus are much better though. No more load times between every little menu, Arcade mode is built into the main career menu and the tuning is more streamlined, allowing for much quicker upgrading between races. The multiplayer was locked for now, so can't comment on that unfortunately.

Lastly, be ready for a 1.2gb update before you jump in.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Here I am:

• Impressive Escape...most impressive. You've got some balls taking the Leguna seca corkscrew at that pace.

I'd imagine there was much carnage in the making of those videos.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Laguna's actually one of the easier tracks for the X2010 because it's relatively smooth. I only ran a few laps there until I managed a good, clean one.

I spent most of my time on TGTT, whittling down to a flat 35. I could've improved on that by tweaking the wings and whatnot, but I couldn't be arsed with so much loading. I did change the gear ratios.

Poor FFB is the cause of most of my crashes. The steering doesn't really change until slides are too late to catch.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    So Eurogamer are in and it's a 9 people. Day one MP patch is functional but bare, the old cars can still look decidedly PS2 at times, the damage is just not a thing, the audio is a joke and it's probably only a third of the content that is promised or due. A big January patch may flesh it out, may just fix it up a bit. As expected really but great news all the same.. it's feckin huge and might just be fun too. Been a while GT, been a while.

The review is all kinds of reassuring with the talk of Brands sounding particularly promising. Will set the weekend project as making the sofa into a convertible race seat (keep it quiet eh?) so will need a wheel  lap bridge thing to mount the Force feedback to and a pedal holder doodab. No more nails or a hammer? Gin will answer the questions. 
    Looks like it might actually get the PS3 some TV time back. 
    Work today and bastard party season so not much of a chance to get immediately involved. Someone else can get in early, decipher the online mode and setup a lobby or two. 

Will make sure there's a few gig free in anticipation. Brrrrm Brrrrm! Parp parp!

Edit: Giantbomb have a hour of quick look up too.
  • I'll be buying it because, well, I still own all the others, including the original PSOne games in their black label form and the silly and extortionate Gt5 collectors edition!

Good to know it got a decent review but I'd still buy it even if it got half the score. GT is just a game that I know how it'll play and will love it.
  • Looks like I'm getting a free copy is this too! Yas!

Looking forward to a pleasant Sunday evening drive with this!
  • F**king bloody f**king Game!!! Just been to pick up my preorder of the Anniversary Edition only to find the store that happily took my £10 deposit only 4 weeks ago has been shut down! The Gyle Centre staff said they weren't even given any warning and people have been complaining all day as the store was taking preorder deposits right up until they closed! Shower of b**tards! Currently trying to get in touch with their customer service but you can no longer actually speak to someone on the phone. You have to do some crap web chat thing which currently says the waiting time is 131 minutes. I've had it with this company. I've been using them since they were Future Zone in 1993 but that's the second deposit they've effectively knicked off me (the last being for the Vita when they closed just before it launched and, again, nobody would help). 

Off to Tesco to buy a normal copy but really f**king fuming now.
  • GAME are shit and have been for ages, honestly they only still exist because people keep going against their better judgement and continue to use them.
  • They gave me £4 for Blops2, and again I blame myself because out of laziness I let the scammers have it.
  • Chief wrote:
    Wasn't gonna get this due to buying an Xbox One this week, but was given a freebie by our Sony rep! I also happen to have the next two days off...
    Sony reps are awesome :D

Also, GT6 is cracking, the star system, whilst not original in anyway, adds something approaching a narrative/progression to the game that has been sorely lacking, it actually wants to be a game again instead of a car showroom!
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Must be something funny in the air then. My preorder with Amazon looks to have gone into the Royal Mail on the 5th on a one day delivery and has yet to pop out the other end here. Hmmm.. Will it ever arrive? Who knows. Bastards.
  • JMW wrote:
    GAME are shit and have been for ages, honestly they only still exist because people keep going against their better judgement and continue to use them.

Wouldn't bother me as much if they hadn't nabbed the exclusive deal on the Anniversary deal and now can't even deliver on it. Their online chat customer service is completely broken and nobody has e-mailed me yet. I feel like being annoying and getting trading standards involved.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Wasn't impressed to start with, but once it start opening up it had me grinning like a loon. Seems to be plenty to do, with a nice bit of variety. The moon racing was a bit jarring at first, but I reckon it might be quite enjoyable going for golds; Possibly.

Loving the licence tests with the leaderboards, shame there doesn't appear to be that many.
  • Not a fan of Goodwood, far too sensitive when it comes to DQs on such a narrow piece of road. The lunar driving is weird but strangely addictive and far more challenging than expected.

The online is still completely unstructured, but at least the code has improved and it's smooth as silk. Hoping for some good forum races at some point, though you have to pass the National A license to unlock MP.
  • So far I'm loving it. Graphically it feels like PS3.5 and it won't take much to make it a next gen game. New handling model is lovely and the time of day settings are stunning. Just one silly mistake I've found, so far. Go do an arcade race in the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 and use interior view. Spot the bizarre error?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, getting golds on Goodwood will be tough. Looking forward to whatever turns up in the Vision GT thing. Just had a go with the Mercedes in the seasonal event. Lovely stuff.
  • Reviews for this have been a bit mixed (9s down to a 5) but you guys all seem pretty positive about it.. so I think I'll pick it up during the week.
  • Metacritic average is 80 though. User average is 72 because it seems to have been invaded by pathetic fanboys giving it 0/10 and using capitals to tell us how much better Forza 5 is.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Suraj the Amazon flunky reports that my order has indeed gone weird at their end (not alone it seems either as some other folk are reporting the same from their Amazon orders) and I might get it before the 11th. 

They gave me a month extension of Prime but I ordered this in a drunken haze way back in September FFS. 3 months must have put me somewhere up the queue andf give them an idea of their stock allocation. Bastards.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    With growling engines and R11 I'd jump at it, but I'm not sure if I want this.

The tuning options and car library are still class-leading, but it's a shame about everything else. The GPS could be amazing, and it's arguably the greatest feature ever included in a driving game, but I don't think it'll be sufficiently effective to please many of us.

Hopefully it's something the next game will really flesh out.

• Well this is really rather good isn't it. My new favourite racing game.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I'd have to agree. The Matterhorn tracks are fantastic.
  • I've only completed a couple of races in this in the first car you get. I really enjoyed both races. I see this as a very good sign for what's to come.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!