PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, til Boxing Day.

Just earned a million+ in about an hour, it was starting to get a bit annoying having to grind. Might buy my dream FXX, now.
  • Cheers!

Update has went from 40 to 62 minutes left. COOL BEANS.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I got a black screen of death when it tried to start after the update, then ten minutes of file reoganising/salvaging/whatever it was doing.
  • Update failed to install after downloading, no room to re download . Great work sony. How do I find the download and try installing it again?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was under the impression it attached itself to the Game Install file on the XMB. Could be completely wrong though.
  • No it's not there .
    The Forum Herald™
  • Right. The error code is 80029564 and the data arrives corrupted which is presumably why it won't install ... Any work rounds?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Third time of asking and it finally worked without a hitch.. the agonising wait for it to install the last couple of percentage was almost entertaining in itself.

Had a bit of a bash around Goodwood.. it's nice that it's set during the year I was there.. I can see the grandstands where I sat. Narrow though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Another little update. Another black screen of death and file restore thing. Hopefully it was to fix the bugs that were introduced yesterday and all will be well now.

Ooh, 4 new seasonals.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yup. Just tried the update quickly to get my daily login and have just had a black screen of death too. Currently assessing and restoring the file system as we speak.. 

All I wanted was to make sure I got my earnings boost. Now it's killed my Slim. Bastard Kaz.

4 new seasonals would be nice mind.

Edit: Seems to have fired up now after a swift check and then went black a fraction of a second after loading the menus… ooooh shiiiit!.. so it could give me my GT Academy Nismo thingy. Phew!

Now I can turn the fecking thing off and get to sleep. Early start tomorrow. Bah Humbug! Feckety Harumph *Muttley*.. etc etc..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Not getting a black screen on mine, but getting an error code every time I attempt the download. How does the PS3 still have issues like this when it comes to updates? Poor show, really.
  • Little update was fine for me, but no GT Academy car. Bloody played that demo as well!

Anyway, been getting silly credits on this tonight. And that last event at Goodwood is nigh on fucking impossible! Took me an hour of retries to get it done on gold. Like trying to do the tightrope on rocket-powered skates!
  • The update has caused more problems than it solved, after it finally downloaded on the third try. I'm now getting load times that are 30+ seconds longer than before, with long hangs before menus even appear! Bloody hope that's sorted in another update and soon.
  • I thought the load times where longer since the update!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I thought they were a tad shorter!...

Um.

Anyway, took that blue tuned RX-8 you get given an upgraded it as much as I could and entered the Supercar series in iB. Last race on Sarthe, holding off a white Enzo all the way as the night set in. Glorious.
  • Just cannot do the kart series in International B. Can't stay on the pace, and when I try to, I spin out every time. Help? Hints/tips?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    As with most of the races, I've found it's ok to lose ground early on as they slow down dramatically over the last 2 or 3 laps. Quite often I've been close to restarting, but kept going and won, so even if you think you can't win, you might.

But you probably knew that. I struggled until I got used to the tracks and started being really gentle with the throttle; easier said than done with a pad.

I'm still struggling with the shifter kart around the GT arena, hopefully it's just a matter of practice.
  • Ok - so I got this for Xmas and here's my initial thoughts:

Overall it feels like the best GT yet - it feels like it's regained some of the quirky Japanese-ness that I believe the game hasn't had since GT2. The UI and menus are tenfold better than GT5 and the progression feels far more fun.

I've also taken it upon myself to play the game a little differently than in the past - I've been much less about throwing as much BHP at my car as possible so I can breeze races, instead picking a car that I know will be fun to drive but put me right in the mix of a race (a prime example being that I'm using a slightly tuned '11 Elise for the B National races - it's caught on the straights but can outbrake/get out of the bends quicker which makes it all the more fun)

The additional events break up the career nicely and it feels like there's a ton of content.

Whilst it's very pretty, it feels like between this and The Last Of Us I'm starting to see the seams of the PS3s capabilities.

To sum up - Love it, and so glad I didn't make the jump to next gen just yet, because it's likely that I'd have skipped this if I had.

PS - add me on PSN if you wish, I'm 'desmondclarke'
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Just cannot do the kart series in International B. Can't stay on the pace, and when I try to, I spin out every time. Help? Hints/tips?

You hardly have to brake, but you do have to steer gently, and the weird bumps are trial-and-error with a pad. For example, the entry into the 'bowl' really causes my wheel to snap:

image.png

But on a pad, it presents as a random spin-out if you turn in too quickly.

So turn gently and don't brake, always assuming there's grip, and take mental notes of the 'funny' bits that throw you out. First try holding the throttle and widening your line before them, and if that doesn't work or it causes you to run wide, lift slightly. Finally, introduce braking.

You can get away with plenty throttle-wise, but your steering has to be smooth.
  • That's fantastic, Escape. I'll get back on it tonight. Cheers!
  • Just finished all of I-B, and I'm up to the 4th set of Goodwood events.

My only gripe currently is the lack of 'newer' cars - there's some very obvious omissions from the line up I would have liked to have seen - it doesn't seem as though they've added many cars since GT5
  • On (what I think must be) the last event in Goodwood - the Red Bull bat mobile mad bastard thing. Gold on everything else and about a second off the pace in this one - struggling to keep it off the grass though.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've got 1 mission race left, A full lap round the Ring, should be fun. Then All I've got is the final cone challenge. After 30 minutes trying yesterday, I'm 6 seconds off the pace. It could take a while.
  • Toyota Ft-1 concept is coming tomorrow as free Dlc, with it's own seasonal event. Looks hawt:

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Just had the three beeps restart/rebuild thing when trying to update. Twice.

Apparently you have to accept the update within 2 seconds of it appearing on screen to prevent this.
  • Kind of like a mini game then.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I've seen other folks saying they had more success with the strategy of not accepting the first option to get the download when you load it up and then accepting the next one that pops when you either go into the seasonal or online lobby menu. Quite a lot of positives on that by all accounts.

Will have a crack myself later on this afternoon.

Edit: After all the warning of triple beepy death and cache clearing destruction it turns out I just turned on, the download had been done already and I simply got a pop up when GT actually loaded telling me about the new cars. Zero trouble at all.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • After installing the download I got the concept car and bizarrely the GT academy GTR. I also won another M4.

Is there a way to turn off online ghosts.., my friends appear to be a load of late brakers and it upsets my dynamic.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    You can definitely turn them off. I think it's the dpad, up?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!