isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmmm... So the PS3 just told me there was a GT6 download last night. Veeeeery interesting. Go, go Senna POWA!

Fire up GT6 and it reports that the update will be installed in 390mins. Shit. Unskippable too of course. *sheesh*

A minute or 5 later and we're now down to 70mins.

5 mins more and we're back up to 110.

Thank Christ that MS forced them to sort out the firmware/hardware for the PS4. The PS3 now feels even more backward. 

On the plus side GT6 is aces.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Looking forward to checking out the retro Brands Hatch and getting the new trophies. 

Had the best ever session online at the weekend, race after race with half a dozen good clean racers, close battles, multiple overtakes per lap. Proper epic.
  • Got back into this over the past few nights. Still amazing.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Been waiting for this from day one. The GT wheel will be coming out of storage and time to get me some more miles in too. 

When I switched back to the PS3 it appears to have installed so I wouldn't pay any attention to the install time as is always the rule on PS3. Total lottery. 

The Senna shop does indeed now have his JPS beaut at 3mill and a very tasty looking little kart too. Fantastic. 

80's Brands too.. wahey!

Given some of the times I've seen Birdo pull I can only imagine I'd be causing him some novelty mobile chicane destruction if ever we met in a lobby. Many, many practice laps required clearly..
  • Birdoff is my nemesis!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I can't help thinking a Logitech G27 and this will represent better value for money than a PS4 right now.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Only had the time to do the first two challenges. The attention to detail on the presentation is great as are the two challenges but I can't help thinking that the lack of online leaderboards are something of a daft omission. I can't even see how far ahead of me Birdoff is.

Having said that there seems to be a lot of new content since I last played and updates including the GPS thing. Anyone tried it?

Now my wrists are out of plaster I'll have to get stuck back into this.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Not tried any of the extra gubbins, but the Senna stuff is nicely done. Didn't realise there weren't leaderboards though, disappointing.
  • I need an honest answer here: I got bored of this fairly quickly, probably played it last in January maybe. Has it improved since then, is it worth going back?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The gps thing is a weird vehicle specific app (toyota only at the minute) that only works on certain irl Japanese tracks. Even by PD standards that's a lot of effort for not a lot of the user population. 

The smartphone app that makes courses from locally collected gps routes is something different and still has a tbc date etc etc.
  • Chief wrote:
    I need an honest answer here: I got bored of this fairly quickly, probably played it last in January maybe. Has it improved since then, is it worth going back?

There's more content, I haven't really had time to get stuck into online racing.. but if you got bored of the handling and car selection then it's probably not worth going  back to. I still find the handling sublime and the track selection among the best.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I liked the handling and most of the cars, it was the racing itself that bored me. The AI is still sticking steadfast to the line and almost never makes mistakes. Has that improved at all?
  • No. Probably never will. It's not really a racer.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I found the single player a chore, was really pleased to get it out of the way.
  • I'm enjoying the career.. but mainly because I enjoy the actual driving, with manual gears and all the aids off it's a stiff challenge just keeping the thing on the black stuff.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ah, nuts.

I love the driving itself but Polyphony really needs to make it as much about the racing as it is about driving. If the rumours of this coming to PS4 are true, I honestly don't think it'll do that well if it hasn't improved the AI.

I may still dip back in for some driving fun, mind.
  • I just don't think it registers on Kaz's radar.. How ever much processor power there is will be used to make the handling handlier and the graphics prettier.
    The Forum Herald™
  • "Handling handlier" amused me more than it should have. :)
  • I'll get this at some point, I'd love to race with you chaps. Multiplayer is always where it's at.
  • Turbo lag in the first severe turn on brands hatch is preventing me from being in the conversation with a gold time - I really miss those beautiful Ferarri F1 cars. Turbo 80s F1's take cock, comparatively. I'm not a Senna level virtual driver...definitely not on a pad anyways.
  • Few more attempts and I'm pretty sure I could eventually get gold, and unlock the car.... but it would probably take hours of game-time that I don't really have to spare. So instead I'll just take the capitalist approach, and buy the thang.
  • This may help anyone going for the gold time on the Senna Brands Hatch TT:

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I bought this, played a few races, and then stopped. I'm still waiting for R11.

I don't have a smartphone, so I dream of importing routes from Google Earth into a game.
  • Think you may have a long wait on that one 'scape. They talked about releasing one new dlc track per month prior to release, but nothing so far - excepting the two 80's layouts of Monza and Brands Hatch from the Senna tribute stuff.
  • I think the low sales have killed off the DLC per month.. presumably if they've any sense most of the team have moved onto GT6 for PS4 or GT7 for PS4.
    The Forum Herald™
  • For anyone thinking of trying the Senna content don't bother, it's way too hard, probably broken.
  • It maybe hard to get Golds but it's certainly not to hard to get Bronzes and there's a trophy for that. It's beautifully presented too.. so I'd say deffo try it. Seeing as it's free and all.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I think this is the game that GT5 should've been. It is good, but it's dated.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, the Lotus round Brands '85 is going to take some doing. I'm two seconds off at the mo, but reckon if I can string all the corners together I'll scrape a gold. Been playing with the default 5 traction control, will try turning it off for my next attempt.
  • Definitely doable with some practice. I left it (for now) four seconds off gold, being quite slow in the opening sector, with TCS off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!