Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • Yes! I need to boot it back up.. but going back to the Dualshock 3 puts me off.. the new PS4 pad is such an improvement.

Seattle was the bomb though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So just the track editor plus Gps track creation functionality and PD will have finally delivered on their launch promises for this game. I'll wait for the full set before enduring the slow-horror that is the Ps3 update process for it.
  • Can you still do the thing where you uninstall the update and sell a car for 20,000,000cr?

If not I'm not buying.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Not sure.
    The Forum Herald™
  • No, they patched it out a few weeks after release.
  • To be fair money isn't an issue.

But I'd expect that kind of retarded I haven't played it and I'm not going to cos of my preconceived notions reasoning here.
    The Forum Herald™
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Bought this in a sale last week £8!

Must say I'm loving it so far, working my way through the second set of races (National B?). I have GT5 which I struggled to get into, but this feels leaps and bounds ahead of 5.

Graphically it is stunning in places, although not quite up to the visual spectacle of Driveclub on PS4, and it does have its share of graphical issues too, with some frame rate drops and tearing. Certainly highly impressive for such an old machine.

Whilst it can't be directly compared to Driveclub, I am finding this overall more fun and engaging than Driveclub. There seems to be a lot more to do rather than just collecting stars and doing time trials, and I find it much easier to control the cars. In Driveclub I struggle to keep the cars on the road!
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • I think GT6 defaults with traction control, stability control and ABS on, Driveclub has no such assists.

Tis a great game though I find the DS3 not as engaging for driving games as the DS4.

Huge amounts of content though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    I had turned those things off, at least on one car. Does it have to be done per car, do you know?

Agree that the ds3 isn't as good as the ds4. Maybe it is time to invest in a wheel! Just need to find one which supports PS3 and ps4...
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • I had turned those things off, at least on one car. Does it have to be done per car..

Yes you do.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    To be fair money isn't an issue. But I'd expect that kind of retarded I haven't played it and I'm not going to cos of my preconceived notions reasoning here.
    To be fair that was a joke. But I'd expect that kind of gobshite cunt-faced knee-jerking in a bottom-feeding shit-licking place like this.
  • Nice come back.
    The Forum Herald™
  • That was also a joke btw.

No I do want to jump in on this but sims are so far out of my usual driving genre that I only do one or two per generation.
  • To be fair I had my tongue in my cheek.
    The Forum Herald™
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-gran-turismo-sport-is-not-gran-turismo-7

Sport thing is NOT GT7, NOR is it a prologue. It's all a tad vague and up in the air.... so normal Kaz & PD type communication then.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I saw that indeed. Perhaps this Sport is the FIA tie-in side and a more familiar and fuller GT7 is a ways a way down the line? It's Kaz and PD like you say so I guess we might know sometime in 2018...I loved the way he slowly worked with his trusty interpreter to say basically "FIA, VR, night y'all". Classic Kaz.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Excellent news.
  • 18th november uk.

Live stream of the gt sport fia championship id on you tube just now and gameplay trailer is up now too.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Brands Hatch Nations final should be interesting on the GP circuit.
  • GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yup.. seems fair enough from Eurogamer then on what I've seen so far. 

Looks like they they got that Forza sound guy to just make the tea as they seem to have so far stuck rigidly to the LMP Lawnmower variants. *sigh* Perhaps it'll sound better on a home surround setup cranked a bit?
    It looks purdey enough and Brands seemed to be.. correct.. so well done on bringing that on through successfully from GT6 and every other racing game. 
    The cars looked to be handling pretty much as Gran Turismo cars seem to, a little bit skatey perhaps and with odd hard body collision physics. No super new dynamic bits falling off, I didn't notice tyre marks being left all over the place, the launch tyre smoke also looked.. GT.

The fact that this is supposedly a FIA sanctioned event (quite the catch for the series and perhaps the real meat to this whole thing?) but there was a good deal of... adventurous passing attempts taking place that did not seem to be commented on by Ren and Stimpy or by some mythical FIA marshalling... 

The fact that there is a setup in GT Sport for a decent spectator mode to watch folks overcooking it in LMP competition cars and flying off at Paddock Hill down Hailwoods was good though. I have many reservations but maybe there's something there? Maybe?
  • Eurogamer wrote:
    you can get a real-life FIA licence by playing Gran Turismo Sport
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    There was a point in the manufacturer final that you had a good three way battle at the front going down to the last few laps on the Nordsleiffifeefiife that seemed to actually offer some half decent racing viewing.. Tight, close control going for a few laps before GAMING handling/physics and a bit of crashy jank made it all fall back to Gran Turismo but quite fun tbh.

If they go big on the online spectating/Twitch tourney thing and try to keep some kind of actual race regs thing setup then this might have a bit of a differentiator.  

It's 6 months out till Kaz says he's going to release it (lol) so there's a bit of fettling to go. The audio seemed less terrible as they seemed to be avoiding any in-car (not ready yet?) and well.. it's still Gran Turismo..
  • Photo mode looks AMAZE.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Eurogamer wrote:
    you can get a real-life FIA licence by playing Gran Turismo Sport

Does it come with a badge?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Gt sport live stream.

Change the thread title to Gran Turismo?

Looks absolutely joyless to me, a total halfway house between authenticity and fun. The original's oversteer implementation's still my favourite alongside GP Legends'.

I suspect a lot of people buy into the hype about the accuracy of its physics and have more time for that side of it than (I feel) they should. Never mind how it looks, how exciting is it? When we talk of sims, we need to specify what's being simulated. WipEout HD's reaction requirements and near-misses capture the imagined essence of antigrav racing. Visuals from no known reality.

With a first-rate in-car photo mode, this'll no doubt do a grand job of simulating being a Ferrari-owning knobber.

• There's a lot of talk about authenticity and attention to detail but then he never gets the Honda V-tec right.

I'll buy it, I'll probably enjoy it, and I'm glad Sony are still letting him make his bonkers game when Forza looks increasingly sterile. But I think we've all moved on really. I'm more excited about Assetto Corsa.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This whole series bores me senseless. Don't imagine I'll touch this one, doesn't look any better.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Get a good crowd online and I'm sure there will be plenty of fun to be had. Sound and graphics don't bother me too much, but I think it's a bit early to judge yet.

Also looking forward to Assetto and I see it's a reasonable price on PSN. Not read much about it, is it doing anything radical or different?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!