Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • Cheers! You're so good bird off it puts me off seeing you speed by!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Cheers, but I'm not that good. Been sampling online doings the last couple of days and this confirms it.
  • Got the trophy for the 0.01 finish. Got enough stars for the I-b championship just need to find a car to do it in.
    The Forum Herald™
  • All golds I-a licence. The first cone challenge took about a million attempts but breezed through the rest first time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    One of the visiting 3yr olds managed to get the One Big Jump trophy tho morning… Fun for all the family folks. 

I'm very slowly getting through this little beauty. Great stuff. Can see myself getting it again when it drops on the PS4 as long as they make the GT steering wheel play ball.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • And cross save.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Digital Foundry vs Gran Turismo 6

Runs much worse than Gt5 iirc. Like 5, forcing 720p in the Ps3 menu raises the frame-rate, but it's still well below the 60fps target most of the time.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Interesting read there. I might give the 720 a run next time I have a crack then. Still plodding slowly through so haven't noticed too much slowdown issues at 1080 really. 

It does give the impression that it was aimed at a PS4 at some point a while ago in dev and shoe horned backwards a bit to get it out on the PS3 in the mean time.
  • Is anyone up for some multiplayer racing? Maybe Saturday night?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yes! I've had a great time these last few days. Played for about a dozen hours, got into some great full lobbies and had some fantastic races. Not come across any knobheads, yet.
  • Can you host if we get a few together?

Started the touring cars and the difference between a tc and the super cars like the mclaren is so well represented. Loving it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • indigo wrote:
    Digital Foundry vs Gran Turismo 6

Runs much worse than Gt5 iirc. Like 5, forcing 720p in the Ps3 menu raises the frame-rate, but it's still well below the 60fps target most of the time.

That's not what the article says.

I think one also has to bear in mind the breadth of things they're simulating.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It doesn't say that it runs worse than Gt5, that's from my own memory of their vs Gt5 article, hence the use of iirc. It does say, and show, that the Gt6 runs at higher frame-rates when displaying in 720p.
  • I'm not sure what the settings are on my ps3 but if you have time to look at the scenery your doing it wrong.

I saw the iirc but was just clarifying it for people who might not have read the article and thought you where summing up.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's not just a visual thing though, the frame-rate drops also add latency to the controls, making them less responsive, negatively effecting how the game feels to play. This is from the article's conclusion:
    [font=Proxima, sans-serif]The frame-rate dips here are just too jarring at times, impacting the interface between player and game, introducing too much inconsistency into the way the cars handle from one race to the next.[/font]
  • Gran Turismo 6 still delivers the best GT experience to date with more content, features, and details than any instalment before it.
    Which is all fair enough @indigo.

I'm happy that their pushing the envelope of what's possible rather than going down the safer route of Forza. Presumably if they stripped out weather and changable daylight conditions and night races they could have hit 60fps more reliably.. much as Forza has resisted adding anything new to it's rather sterile simulation model.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Barely noticed any slowdown, but I use bonnet cam and rarely race on dirt/city tracks, or in the rain.

Happy to start a lobby if there's interest. 550pp road cars would be my suggestion.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Had a new and exciting error first thing this morning for my 200% log in. A PSN/Networking thing (error 8002E5BO) popped up. I went to the online lobby and it managed to connect ok and I got my  daily log in sorted. The 3yr old then did his title trip to the moon and during that I was signed out again… Now when I try again it says the error code and also I can't log in because I haven't agreed to the online Ts&Cs. 

Complete daftness all round but kind of what I expect from a trusty old Slim and old school PSN. It's had to go on wireless too now since the PS4 pinched the last ethernet cable. Might have to jiggle it all about a bit as the wifi in a PS3 is probably the worst of the lot. (PS4, PS3, 360, Youview (no wifi at all), Plex enabled Panasonic TV)

Edit: If I can get it sorted out I'll happily fill up the back rows of the grid. Apologies in advance for all the paintwork required all round following a race or two… heheh
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Barely noticed any slowdown, but I use bonnet cam and rarely race on dirt/city tracks, or in the rain. Happy to start a lobby if there's interest. 550pp road cars would be my suggestion.

Me neither and I'm using 1080p 60hz thing (I noticed on boot up of my TV today) and I use nose came..

I was having a ball in the Touring Car championships this morning.. My subaru was just about fast enough to win the championship on the 550 races with a bit of gearbox fiddling so I gave it a power boost for the 600pp races but it still wasn't enough even with fiddling with individual gear ratios (I wanted punchy acceleration but still enough at the top to keep up on the straights) and even though I couldn't only manage fourth overall I was having such a sweet time slinging it through the R460 and bathurst.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Apologies for double post but what settings do you use for seasonal challenges Birdoff? Just spent ages getting the gold on the KTM X-Bow challenge and I was still half a second off your time.. I was wringing it's neck too!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've used skid recovery force on most of the seasonals. I don't usually, but just wanted to do them as quickly as possible to get my hands on the cash.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    I've used skid recovery force on most of the seasonals. I don't usually, but just wanted to do them as quickly as possible to get my hands on the cash.

Ah, to be fair I'd already switched on 1 ABS and 5 TCS (the default settings I normally switch off for career) and still couldn't seem to keep up with you through the sweeping bends where it's short wheel base make it want to spin out.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just in case there was going to be a huge ground swell of interest in some GT6 racing tonight I can't do it now as plans have changed! We'll sort something out soon though!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's not the Isle of Man. Go away, Not-the-TT.

• Hope it's more like a long (it's >26km nurburgring) relaxing country-drive stretch of road, rather than something as intense and nerve-racking as the Isle of Man - wouldn't say no to it (and bikes) Dlc aswell mind.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    When's the senna dlc coming?
  • PD just said something vague like 'coming in a future update' iirc.
  • There's an update this morning!

Two new seasonals
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Was chuffed to bobbins (not you Bob…) that I was able to log in to PSN last night even through the maintenance to keep up my 200%er. Now there's some seasonals to play with all that bonus. 

Bingo!

Let's have a quick look.. *beep*

Edit: Found this changelog. Might be true?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!