theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Two and a bit months from release he's already talking about a "fairly large" patch

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/20/gran-turismo-6-getting-fairly-large-day-one-patch/

Oh Yamauchi, I don't know anyone else that could get away with what you do.
  • The man is the 21st century equivalent of Ferdinand Magellan, don'tcha know? :P

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Magellan had more exciting courses.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They've one guaranteed sale if it has the original R11.
  • Yeah it's a great track,  I'd love to see Seattle back as well, then maybe PD will get my coin. 

This is the (announced) track-list thus far:

New to GT6

Silverstone,
    Brands Hatch,
    Goodwood Hill Climb,
    Willow Springs International Raceway,
    Matterhorn,
    Apricot Hill Raceway.

Returning from GT5

Everything except the Top Gear Track.

Apparently PD plan to add 1 track every month as DLC, so there's still some hope.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Great, love Brands Hatch.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Nice and challenging last time I ran Brands in Race Driver too. A good little circuit for some Touring style recreations. Goody good and the Goodwood climb will be nice to do. Went there for the first few years when they had barely bothered with the safety and corporate stuff as much as now. Standing slap bang next to monsters firing up in the pits and catching the draft of them from a touching distance as they flew up the hill from the encouraging safety of a slightly mouldy hay-bail and bunting. hehe. Surely a fairly crappy 'circuit' as it's just Lord March's driveway isn't it? 

Why not Goodwood circuit itself? It is at least a bleeding circuit and has untold amounts of history. Odd choice.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • If all the tracks from GT5 are returning, does this mean that includes the Spa DLC track?
  • Yes, all the dlc ones. Spa, Twin ring Motegi, the high speed X test track thingy, and the kartspace track. 

Might be more, there's a full list on the official GT site.

Edit: just checked, that's all of them.
  • Damn. I'm close to buying this now...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    I'd love to see Seattle back as well, then maybe PD will get my coin.

I just want the original R11 with its chicane. Seattle's a bit dull at times (it comes to life with rubbish American muscle), but I'd like it for some rough 'n' tumble in the MP.

Along with Complex String from 3, and Pikes Peak and Rome Night from 2. Apricot Hill's welcome.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Brands, Silverstone and the Goodwood and I've just stuffed in a pre order. Amazon have a Torque and Precision pack deal for snazzy car models. Pointless guff but I did like the feel of the demo so easily sold really.
  • Bathurst confirmed for GT6, according to GTplanet with this video:

Looks like there's a day & night cycle, hopefully weather too. Embarassing for Forza 5 to be so outdone by a last gen title. I thought after 4 that they'd definitely have weather and time transitions in 5, but maybe T10 were under too much pressure to get the game finished by the X1 launch to include it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    Bathurst confirmed for GT6, according to GTplanet with this video:

Looks like there's a day & night cycle, hopefully weather too. Embarassing for Forza 5 to be so outdone by a last gen title. I thought after 4 that they'd definitely have weather and time transitions in 5, but maybe T10 were under too much pressure to get the game finished by the X1 launch to include it.
    Embarrassing in what way?

They've never had a day/night cycle in Forza and I'd wait for the gameplay (especially after hearing how good it is meant to be) before declaring that Turn 10 were under too much pressure to include something that isn't that important. A nice addition yes, but important most definitely not.

I was going to get GT6 but with definitely getting a XB1 at launch and currently having a PS4 on day one pre-order I can't see me buying any this gen title again.
  • I find it embarrassing that despite the massive power disparity between the two host platforms, Forza 5 is in some important (to me) ways less progressive than GT5/6, running on the far weaker hardware. 

Night racing and weather are an important aspect of real world racing, and from my experiences with GT5 they add depth, immersion, variety, and add a layer of strategy to proceedings. Certainly not unimportant imo.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'd imagine getting a racing class season running with Sega blue skies all the time wouldn't be quite as fun for me as a lottery of a moist shitty day in Silverstone or a full on hosing at Spa. *Eau Rouge eh? Raining since practice.. hmm..steady.. steady. SHIT; Next race*  
    Le Mans with the ability to actually race for a morning, day, night and morning is a thing in a racing game surely? 

Forza smells a bit launchy in that it could probably do with another 6 months of dev to get it a bit broader. Still looks absolutely amazing in the vids and shots so it'll be fine I'm sure but I've still got a GT6 pre order in. The recent Silverstone laps just felt fantastic even with a crappy pad. With full weather and light cycles you've got yourself a full racing season sorted.. not just a summer sim.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I decided to EQ my Ferrari to try and make it sound nicer:

(720p vid.)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    fuckin hell scape nice fast drifting.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It needs R11.

It's still my favourite ever track. And they could've made it even better with modern tech, but instead of that, we've boring old R7.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    The Driving Force GT's hard to recommend due to its heavy price inflation since it went out of production; it's over a hundred when it should be under.

It's currently 77 quid on amazon, I'm tempted, but do you have any thoughts on this one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-F430-FFB-Wheel/dp/B009PI5AGM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1H8AKURJF8S6Z&coliid=I17TPQ9WGF0X7S

Read/watched a few reviews, mostly positive, but the turning thingy is only 270 degrees, I'm just wondering how restrictive that will be for something like Gran Turismo?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Thrustmaster's top-of-the-line T500 RS is excellent, but I wouldn't bother with their cheaper gear.

Yeah, the Force GT's perfectly priced at £77. It's noisy, but it's a good wheel.

As for degrees, I changed my G25 for a Fanatec because I found 900° too many. Turismo 5 supposedly automates the correct lock for each vehicle, so in an F1 car, a G25 has something like 450 or 540 degrees, instead of the full 900.

240's always been my favourite, though. Of course, I'm talking from the personal point-of-view of optimal control, not immersion through realism.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Cheers, If the Force GT is still the same price tomorrow when I've stuck some money in the bank, think I'll indulge. 

Was looking at the T500 RS and dreaming. One day, maybe.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmmm… Interesting.. 

That GT at £77 looks like a nice way to make GT6 be a more swish experience. Seems it would be happy to play ball with the PS4 too apparently so even more on the hmmmm factor. Hmmmmm…..

Edit: And it appears that's as cheap as it's been at Amazon since waaaaay back in 2011! 

Edit 2: Pissing one click buy bastardy bastard Amazon. Should have it Monday. 

Bastards…
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Right, no one else buy one, I'm 8 quid short  until the banks open.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    I find it embarrassing that despite the massive power disparity between the two host platforms, Forza 5 is in some important (to me) ways less progressive than GT5/6, running on the far weaker hardware.  Night racing and weather are an important aspect of real world racing, and from my experiences with GT5 they add depth, immersion, variety, and add a layer of strategy to proceedings. Certainly not unimportant imo.

Turn 10 have always been more interested in modelling car physics over what time of day it is. I don't think they model weather because unless you have data about how tyres react in the real world just reducing the grip number by a few points is just faking it. Does Gran Turismo have suspension yet?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The GT6 Demo thing sold it to me Mod. It felt really live and hefty in a engaging way and made the pre order a done deal. 

Eurogamer et al had much the same vibe,

"The combined result is that the whole vehicle feels defibrillated. Gone is the rail-like cornering of GT5, replaced by cars that dance across the asphalt under heavy braking and strain to break free through high-speed turns. Taking the fast Stowe corner at Silverstone in the Academy demo is now a glorious transition from trail-braking to catching the car's weight by rolling off the brakes and onto the accelerator. Without that progressive sense of grip and the feeling of weight, it would be much harder to perfect and much less satisfying when you did."

And the changes specifically to it's suspension dynamics, tyre loads and wear are highlighted as the main reason. I'm enthusiastic but gubbins at most racers but it really felt right.
    I worry that the audio will still sound like someone using a strummer two gardens down but I'm not holding out much hope. They seem to want to simulate the sound of having a pair of moulded race earbuds in and a helmet. 

Trusting Polyphony to make a decent game beyond the many, many, many Nissan Skyline and ooh.. some others it tends to end up as is another thing altogether. The race loading and menus were a good deal faster anyway so at least they are listening a bit. 

Ever hopeful..
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I might be tempted to pick this up.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    The wheel? Don't do it....
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    The wheel? Don't do it....
    I meant the game, I would have bought the wheel at that price but I'm getting the Mad Catz Xbox One wheel instead.
  • I'm getting GT6 fo sho. One final massive SP racer to close the gen. Bring it on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!