Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • indigoDos wrote:
    Really enjoyed hot-lapping on this today. Seems like a prettier, more stable version of the Ps3 GTs. Doesn't seem to have evolved much otherwise - and I'm not really into online racing - so I'll likely pickup a GOTY edition down the road. Hopefully they'll add a few more road cars + classic tracks in the meantime.
    Hello new person!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ugh, not new really... formally a [Deleted User]. indigo minus the Dos. 

Am a bit older and wiser now + saw an Escape GT vid on my youtube subs that got me wondering how this place was ticking over. 

Glad to see all is well. Likely just a one and done visit.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, that makes me want to cancel my preorder.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Not really a topic for here, and explored to death elsewhere, but why does everyone hate Hamilton (and Murray for that matter...) so fucking much?
  • If it's been explored to death elsewhere why are you asking?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Because I don't know exactly where those conversations are.
    I just recall them taking place.

It's like, I've never seen you eat, but I can accept your corpulence.

But fret not. I don't care... x
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Twat got me barred from marunrum
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Haha, yes he did.  I appealed for mercy pointing out that you were also brown.
  • I think it's a combination of racism, jealously of his playboy life style and the fact that's it much more British to be sportingly crap like Tim Henman
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Nah, he just comes across as a bit of a tit sometimes. Or at leat he used to, I try and avoid listening or watching these days.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    indigoDos wrote:
    Am a bit older and wiser now + saw an Escape GT vid on my youtube subs that got me wondering how this place was ticking over.  Glad to see all is well. Likely just a one and done visit.

I can't remember what happened, but it's not anything that matters any more else everyone would. In all these years, I only recall two major fallouts. Everything else was quibbling, including — in recent times — mine.
  • Escape wrote:
    It still has worse tyre physics than the original! Note the direction of the front wheels at 0:45:

A skilled driver can hold a RWD car in a countersteer-drift for ages, even in a smaller circle than that (I once saw a driver use one finger to hold the wheel in place to show that it's all in the foot). The tyre physics in Gran Turismo allow for this, but its cars don't break traction soon enough due to rev-limiter bounce. Gran Turismo 2 introduced autosnap corrections after a car had ‘lost’ control for so long; you either lose it or it rights you.

I'll upload my quick attempt when YouTube's working again, but I could only get a wide drift by alternating countersteering with neutral, and when I held countersteer (somewhat mildly) I had to increase power to maintain it, and that initiates the game's autosnap correction. They've done very little to their tyres since GT5; well, technically it's an enforced steering aid, not the tyres themselves.

Interesting. Are there any driving games that have 'proper' tyre physics to your knowledge Escape?
  • Not a great start to the beta.. it's claiming I'm offline and can't play anything but arcade.. even though I'm online. Tested connection. Restarted, still the same, can't even start arcade,

Deleted
    The Forum Herald™
  • I thought the beta had finished.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The beta finished a day or two ago didn't it? I had a couple of license tests done and a quick punt at Arcade. Wanted to try online as it seems to be getting some nice word about the iracing systems it's employed to make track racing more like actual track racing but left it too late. 

The demo specifically wouldn't allow you to do any arcade mode stuff when they turned the servers off though in the full release you should be able to have a crack at the arcade mode when it goes down. 

You're just late to the party Bob.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Ah. That explains it, they could have explained it clearer
    The Forum Herald™
  • Or you could've paid attention ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, 9-12, but they extended it a by a day. Keep up, bob ffs.
  • I was on holiday? 

Never miss an opportunity to be condescending ass holes, the forum deserves it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I didn't know it was over either, I needn't have downloaded it.
  • Who the fuck runs a Beta that isn't at the weekend???
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Heh. I downloaded it to try it.....this weekend.
  • I thought it got extended. Kaz was retweeting thanks for it yesterday.
  • I missed the Destiny 2 beta due to it only being two days in the middle of the fucking week, so I can empathise with Bob. I mean sure, it's technically our fault for not knowing, but I really think there should be some unwritten rules for acceptable beta times in a week. Betas ending Sunday/Monday make so much more sense, I didn't really have time for the Destiny one even if I had known the timings.

Basically midweek betas = bullshit :(
  • indigoDos wrote:
    Ugh, not new really... formally a [Deleted User]. indigo minus the Dos.  Am a bit older and wiser now + saw an Escape GT vid on my youtube subs that got me wondering how this place was ticking over.  Glad to see all is well. Likely just a one and done visit.

Welcome back dude. Older and wiser sounds good. Do stick around if you please.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Interesting. Are there any driving games that have 'proper' tyre physics to your knowledge Escape?

Ooh, that's a hard one to answer. Some games appear to have pretty good tyre characteristics, but then don't offer a wide enough track to test them on. Enthusia, but it was horrible with a pad.

On PC there are loads, but the first one was maybe 1998's GP Legends. Possibly one of the earlier Papyrus games.

But Yamauichi prefers having some of his team spend nine months each modelling one car, and he gets away with it because reviewers keep calling it a sim. The physics in this beta were very similar to GT5's, and those were poor in 2010. Consumer priorities (Sport's upscaled photos are awesome), with a dose of dev ignorance.

(Despite the applause, Kovalainen's drifts aren't that hard. I've done them in a Caterham almost as well, and I've seen pros do them quite a bit better. The tricky bit's the entry until you've found the throttle balance, but Caterhams are a joy once they're in that groove.)
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    A couple on my fl are playing it, so it looks like it's still going. Might just have been unable to connect when you tried, there's been a lot of that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!