Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • g.man wrote:
    Who the fuck runs a Beta that isn't at the weekend???

Who the Fuck runs a beta that doesn't tell you it's over when it's over???
    The Forum Herald™
  • Sounds pretty good to me. Are you not feeling PC2 then Bob? I was thinking of picking it up when it drops to £30.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    Sounds pretty good to me. Are you not feeling PC2 then Bob? I was thinking of picking it up when it drops to £30.

The handling is still to erratic on a pad and I can't be bothered changing all the settings again.

The Clio Cup is just as undriveable as it was last time out. If you change no pad settings or car settings I can't get it to stop lift off oversteer.. it literally spins out every time you try to exit a corner backwards....
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hmmm. Funny the Eurogamer review didn't talk about the SP mode. Sounds like online is the way to get the most out of this. Single player mode singled out as being psp levels of shitness is worrying. I've let my ps+ lapse too which means no online play. Harumph
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Maybe worth updating the thread title?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I think it's the best single player GT for a while, but that depends on how much you like time trialling.
  • Maybe worth updating the thread title?

I keep hoping some one will take the hint and start a new thread.

The single player isn't where it's at.. hence the new title.. not 7. If you've not got PS+ probably best avoid. I haven't checked is it a full price release?
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Giantbomb are quite lukewarm on the online on the podcast this week. Seems you can get docked sportsmanship points for other people hitting you. That sounds infuriating.
  • I think contact is equally apportioned from what I've read.. possibly needs some patching.. but presumably people will be trying not to hit you.

I'm in.

The wife is out Thursday night.. presuming it has Private Lobbies anybody fancy getting together for a night of non-contact racing and lightly alcholic beverages?

More worrying is that there's very little you can do without a net connection.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, that was my problem with the beta and that was months ago, so I doubt anything will be done. You'd hope that the persistent offenders will sink to the bottom and will be left to smash each other up.
  • That's the hope..

Online racing is the best but it's always been rife with cheaters and people causing first corners smashes.. presumably because they don't know the course? or just don't brake in time.. personally at the first corner I always play it cautious which normally results in being punted off.

If this system works and you get good clean racing with like minded individuals it should be the holy grail.. Presumably the LeBob is out the window.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Game's stock is late arriving because the boat was cancelled by the storms.. fuck living on an island in the eye.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Wanna race tomorrow?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Love to if I get the chance. Weekend is more likely.
  • Strictly and X factor say no :(
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Watched the Giantbomb video on this and was instasold.. as I thought I would be after tickling the demo.

The two folks they had (Jeff and Brad) were very much confused by the track racing focus seemingly and did not get it at all but just about everything that they scratched their heads at was very much up my potential strasse. For those that know their Giantbomb they really needed to get Drew and Danny back in for the quicklook to give it a decent perspective from race fans but it did certainly give a good view from a couple of Yanks that don't watch car racing. It's not going to sell well to that market. 

I don't like the whole Drivatar destruction derby that comes across in the Forza stuff and the idea of this iracing push to wards some attempt at clean online racing really appeals in a console racer. 
    I hope it gets a good audience and picks up traction.. 

I also read that the tilt controls may also be actually pretty well developed too so it's on the download as I type.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Did some driving skills last night and also a couple of arcade races. Set the difficulty to intermediate and adjusted some of the settings, like removing the brake assist etc...First simple oval, I could only finish third in my Mazda MX-5. Don't think I'm going to be troubling the leader boards with this one. Only played for half an hour, so it's too early to add further comment.

Before you are allowed online you have to watch a couple of videos regarding sportsmanship and driving in a way that 'won't make you look bad'. Both videos are utterly awful.
  • 12 gig day one patch 6 hours estimated... nice work
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Well now.. So far I very much likes it. 

Only done my first 1/3rd of the Driving School and it just lovely. Click to start, watch a little youtube video to get the gist of the test, quick load and reloads after that. It's great. 

Have so far used tilt controls exclusively and have managed to top some of the freindlist School timings so there's a chance that it's going to be a nice analogue change for the pad folks amongst us.. I think I'll stick with it and see how we go. 

Got my daily mileage done already just from the Driving School and had to stop for pissing real life. 

There's also a L'il Lewie Hambolo, or 'The Maestro' according to GT Sport, Museum and Channel to go through too Bob. Best put on the plastic pants..
  • I can't believe there's not an option to Just go straight to next lesson ....
    The Forum Herald™
  • There is if you go to the lesson list from the post-lesson results screen.
  • Ah. Didn't see that. Will have another look
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ah, no. What I want on finishing the event is a menu option next event. 

Not to have to exit it to a menu where I can choose with a cursor the next event.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Plus I can't even move the cursor with the track pad
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Had a spectacularly productive day avoiding work where possible and repeatedly hitting Suzuka. 

Never got anywhere particularly high up after quallifying 8-12ish and falling back through the field and then creeping back up a bit. Pretty sure my SR did go up more than down I think. Just dodging about in the pack and trying not to bugger up or watch out for other wild newbies was still fun for me. I can fully understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea though. Spending the time between Suzuka races trying out some of the other GR4 cars and seeing how they all handle is also a deep barrel of fun to plumb.. for me.. I currently likes me some Cayman, McLaren.. the Ferrari sounds lovely.. 

I got a qually time that was somewhere in the region of a second to Birdo which is usually the aim with these things.. just try to stay somewhere near. At the start. 

Oh and also I read on the gaf about turning on the enhanced sound option and 7.1 surround in the audio options. Makes all the vrooms even more kapow, crackle, boom and neeeeow...

Edit: Pretty sure you can move the cursor with one of the sticks Bob.
  • Also let me get this straight... online during qualifying you get no indication that the nearest race start has started..??
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!