Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • I see, having set a time I can enter and than continue to qualify until the race starts?
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    That's it I think ay. 

If you post a qually time in each daily circuit you should get notified at each start time I think? Probably... 

I've only done Suzuka.. and I like Brands too..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Qualified second at Brands in the Civic Type R. Very prone to under steer so you have to be gentle with the accelerator and brakes.

Got a good start and you know on a track like that if you can keep it clean an opportunity is going to present itself. Sure enough second lap on the first left handed matey throws it off the track and starts glitching. Take the lead and there doesn't seem to be any magic catch up so I've just gotta keep clean ...

Disconnected from the server and dumped to the menu...thanks for tHat after 15 minutes of qualifying and about 10 minutes of assorted waiting around.
    The Forum Herald™
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    From one racing car game lover to another, I genuinely hope it's a one off.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Qualified 15th for my first online race in a Ferrari 458 Italia at Suzuka. Clean race and finished sixth, not too bad. However, all my places were gained through capitalising on other people squabbling or going off track.
  • From one racing car game lover to another, I genuinely hope it's a one off.

It keeps your best time. So another 15 mins qualifying and second on the grid again.. disconnected from the race just before the start this time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Also good job they made that video compulsory ... getting punted off almost never happens... rolls eyes
    The Forum Herald™
  • Later on in the evening my time was only good enough for 5th.. dropped down at the start but made my way back up to fifth and spend the last couple of laps locked in a tight battle for 3rd. Crossed the line less than a second between us all.

My driver safety rating now a white c having dropped as low as a red c from the constant battering from behind ... honest
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Just finished the stage 7 mission challenges; overtake some cars and beat the time. It's Nordschlefe sliced up into minute+ chunks in a GT3,  Pretty bog standard stuff, but it's really intense as you try and avoid cars but still push it to the limits.

Couple of stages were a bit misty and it's the best I've seen, genuinely wowed by it and the stage at night looked fantastic too. I've been playing Project Cars 2 on a GTX 1080 with an ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor, but this blows it out of the water on my scabby old 1920x1080 monitor. Top drawer.
  • How is it still the same three races online??
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Well they changed it from one every 20 minutes to one every 5 minutes pretty sharpish (unless that was to ease the servers in gently), so hopefully they do the same with the track variation.
  • Still getting absolutely battered every time I try to slow for a corner

Pole at brands was converted to 14th half a lap and a red c after punt after punt.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Somehow been reduced to an e in one race and awarded a 10 second penalty despite trailing round at the back getting green safety sectors ... is there an appeal process???
    The Forum Herald™
  • Also the Honda race still seems to be every 20 minutes?
    The Forum Herald™
  • But friend rankings are now appearing
    The Forum Herald™
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    is there an appeal process???

Ombudsham.
  • First win. Pole to flag, last lap was super tense.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Impulse bought this today. Not a massive sim fan, but loves me some online races and leaderboards.

Sure looks purty on the hdr oled. Very impressive.

If I'm not already on your list, send me a FR (Lastability95).
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • 22712428_10214928255018944_5604104264482173470_o.jpg?oh=f81bb95c597aa7761315ee4d281095bd&oe=5A70809A

For me it's a bit half finished.. I can't see any reason why there's not a proper single player campaign.. you've made the tracks and cars.. you've only got to throw a few menus together and count up the points.

I've got money but what would I spend it on? There doesn't seem to be any point buying cars when all teh campaign so far has made me use a set car?

You can only use set cars online so far in the daily races? You can't tune them or modify them?

I quite handy in the Civic round Brands (my qualifying time was good enough for pole all night last night)... and the FWD handling recreates understeer reasonably enough..  I was rubbish at Suzuka and I wasn't sure where I was losing the time.. probably on the blind final corners.. but there's no catching the cars once the back goes.. and I could see I wasn't alone cos online people where having the same offs.. Not sure where I'd find the 6 seconds I was losing on a 60 second lap.
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The brands track was originally a garage one but got changed to just the civic due to something to do with people downgrading a BMW M4 and being untouchable or something. Maybe..

I think the idea is to usually have a garage track in the dailies.

I haven't missed the solo stuff really but I can see that folks who wanted a gt7 are very much not getting what they wanted from this version.
  • I'd be alright with it just having online stuff.. but it needs more of a selection of dailies than three.
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    They appear to be fighting enough servers fires at the minute before adding too much more to the mix just yet..  

I can see a point in the future where they do add a good deal to the online stuff. Keeping it simple in the opening week works for me as a long GT neglecting old bastard and perhaps some of the n00by types. I've read of people asking for 30min or multi hour races in the dailies etc etc..I think that is quite the commitment for this early stage. 

Having the dinky little Brands Indy, a short oval and a wee Suzuka bit makes for far easier week one accessibility for the masses. 
    The demo had the dailies change track daily.. I could see that coming back perhaps when the servers are more stable? I think that might ameliorate some of the gnashing at the minute? 

If you look in the calendar then next week we have the big events starting. The manufacturer ones where you have to commit to a single manufacturer, the Polyphony ones that are garage open iirc? and the big Internationals..that should spice things up perhaps?
  • Yeah I haven't really had time to look at those yet. For me I get half an hour here and there and driving games normally fit the bill.
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I think the qually is open for them too now as it happens. I need to have another look tonight but the bleeding GP is going to cock up time I was planning on putting into this. Need to get my daily mileage bonus car obviously..
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    You can't tune them or modify them?

This has been a failing since GT3's iLink mode, where you could only use the arcade-mode cars and none of your own. Once again, they've failed to understand one of the core attractions of their series. There should definitely be an online mode for cars of set maximum values (overall cost; power...). Offer a few official categories, and also let us choose our own within lobbies.

All adjustable within the lobby, to save us recreating it every time we want a different kind of race.

There's a still a great game waiting to come out, but they need to outsource their physics to a better team and listen to advice re: options for online racing. There are no excuses for these stubborn Japanese ways in global dev any more.
  • Well thanks to an instore Game deal I have now traded my glacier white PS4 which randomly kept going into rest mode for a (hopefully working) horrendous looking GT Ltd edition Slim with GT Sport. So I'm in with this. If it clicks Ill ps plus it up to and get some races with you guys otherwise TTs?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • A TT Would be awesome. Make it so.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Charts at number 1, Sells three times as many physical copies as Forza 7.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Has the daily challenge changed yet?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Charts at number 1, Sells three times as many physical copies as Forza 7.

Xbone already has two previous Forzas as well as two Horizons so it's little surprise sales are low relative to GT on the PS4, which has, er, Driveclub.  There are probably others but no GTs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!