PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Playing nothing... Partly because it's too hot and mostly because it's a bit shit for games at the moment, I'm bored.

+1
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Talk about kebabs then.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    ...it's a bit shit for games at the moment...

You're not looking in the right places.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Yeah hmm. Very nicely rendered (in the graphics sense) village, but the lack of interaction is extremely jarring. And it's lifeless beyond its lifelessness.

I'm also struggling with how you're meant to waggle, in terms of interacting with blobs. Are there some you're meant to just follow or am I meant to waggle at them as they dart past?

And it's difficult working out who's who when Tey all look the same
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah. I didn't like Gone Home but at least there was some sense of being involved. With Rapture I didn't get why it needed to be interactive at all. Didn't get very far, mind.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Rapture was a bag of nicely rendered shite.
  • About to start Sheltered.

Another pixelly tower defense /survival game.

Only got to char creation last night, but already have a soft spot. Fingers crossed.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • We'll see if it has legs, and the menus aren't as elegant as they could be, but there's something.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Yeah hmm. Very nicely rendered (in the graphics sense) village, but the lack of interaction is extremely jarring. And it's lifeless beyond its lifelessness. I'm also struggling with how you're meant to waggle, in terms of interacting with blobs. Are there some you're meant to just follow or am I meant to waggle at them as they dart past? And it's difficult working out who's who when Tey all look the same
    Spoiler:
    I thought I had the waggle sorted then it threw some at me that didnt behave how I thought. Then I just random waggled until it worked, the holiday camp section was a ballache waggle wise.
    Both Gone Home and this started very well, IMO, then fell apart totally in the final third/act.
    I applaud their ambition and genre subversion but in the end they didn't work!
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Zombi on PS4 looks ropey enough to suggest it was originally a fairly low budget game together with it being a Wii-U port. Really not a nice creation to look at. This makes me sort of feel like I should be playing Dead Rising instead.

Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time is local co-op only so that's my playthrough shot probably in terms of fun potential.
  • Bollockoff wrote:

Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time is local co-op only so that's my playthrough shot probably in terms of fun potential.

You can do sp with Ai. I only did start and it seemed ok. Co-op would be the go though.

• Facewon wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:

You can do sp with Ai. I only did start and it seemed ok. Co-op would be the go though.

You can also play local co-op by using the shareplay feature that makes it possible to play any local co-op as online co-op!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Sounds like Frankenstein functionality. Cool.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Hmm. Maybe I should get on with solving the current Divine Beast in Breath of the Wild...

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

Ah, wait, I'm pretty close to getting the "all powerups fully upgraded" achievement in Pacman 256...

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

I mustn't forget to finish off my Spartan run of Metro Last Light, and there's the DLC levels, too...

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

It's a bit expensive, but the Wonderboy remake got good reviews in the press, maybe I should download that...

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

I need a wee.

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

I haven't eaten in days.

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

Work has fired me.

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*

*PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*
    *PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*
    *PLAYS PUYO PUYO TETRIS*
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Wait till you need a poo, yo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    TOO LATE SHIT EVERYWHERE STILL PLAYING PUYO PUYO TETRIS
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Playing ratchet and clank a year after buying it.loving every feckin second of it. It might be the game I finish in 2017. My mother would be proud.
    Peter3C
  • Currently obsessed with DiRT4. There's a massive career mode which is great. It's slightly less punishing on the mechanical damage and retirements and DNFs from crashes.. which in retrospect is more fun... but there's so much to do.

The Rallycross has been taken from slightly thin to proper game mode and is incredibly addictive.. it's also less punishingly hard meaning you've got some chance of a win rather than needing to do four perfect laps to get a podium. The AI don't all leave you for dead off the line everytime either.. which is nice.

Daily challenges are incredibly addictive. One chance to put your best time in.. knowing that an off or one mistake is going to put you out of the running and there's no restarts at all. Knife edge stuff.

I'm also enjoying Joyride in car (the new dash cam is great) which is the Ken Block mode. First challenge.. I know I can get all 85 blocks AND finish in under 1.30 ... but doing it all at the same time.. I know I can do it. Great stuff.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Switching between Nex Machina and Horizon Zero Dawn. Both great so far and it's a good combo - immediacy and relentless pace of NM, coupled with the slower exploration of HZD.

If anything, Horizon reminds me of the bits I liked in Witcher 3 - wandering about the world stumbling on different stuff to do and things to kill, with better combat and without all the tedious padding.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    D4 has this minor but excellent feature where lingering your mouse over a point of interest gives you quick bullet points of what your character notices or thinks. It's really effective.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The fuck is D4, sir?
  • Dark Dreams Don't Die, by the guy who did Deadly Premonition
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Is it worth a play? It's on the Xbox game pass thing so might have a bash.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thank you Switch man
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Is it worth a play? It's on the Xbox game pass thing so might have a bash.

It's definitely worth a dip if it's essentially free for you. If I'm arbitrarily comparing it to anything it's to Telltale adventure games as Vanquish is to cover shooters. A very enjoyable Japanese take on an established genre from a different set of eyes.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It also has the best conversations around the dinner table.
  • Doom

Well this is fun.
    I especially enjoyed the bit at the beginning where some talking monitor was trying to do a "Get to engineering, I can tell you more there" routine but marine man smashed the monitor.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Doom

Well this is fun.
    I especially enjoyed the bit at the beginning where some talking monitor was trying to do a "Get to engineering, I can tell you more there" routine but marine man smashed the monitor.

It gets more and more that. I really enjoyed doom

DOOT
  • It feels good.
    It's just very much no bullshit.
    I like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!