Currently Playing
  • Nothing new to play right now and some free time this afternoon, so decided to put on Invisible Inc.

A couple of minutes remembering how things work and everything clicks back into place. It's such an incredibly well designed game - constant risk/reward, every level ending on a knife edge, so many tactics available, and it's always your own fault if it goes wrong.

An add on/sequel that had a large, fully designed new campaign with some new features would be amazing. But it'll probably never happen.
  • Picked up the Bioshock Collection in the current Xbox sale as I have been eyeing it up for a while. Started the first one today having not played it since release (oh so many years ago) and my word what a game it is.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • JonB wrote:
    Nothing new to play right now and some free time this afternoon, so decided to put on Invisible Inc. A couple of minutes remembering how things work and everything clicks back into place. It's such an incredibly well designed game - constant risk/reward, every level ending on a knife edge, so many tactics available, and it's always your own fault if it goes wrong. An add on/sequel that had a large, fully designed new campaign with some new features would be amazing. But it'll probably never happen.

Totally agree, fantastic game and a great ipad port
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Witcher 3 is pretty good eh. I've played the first and finished the second but I'm having a blast ATM
  • Got Invisible Inc lined up for later in the year, determined not to let that one pass me by.
  • It is the hottest shit, I keep meaning to go back to it. I hope Klei never bother to make a AAA game, and just keep making a continuous stream of the best shit ever for £15 a pop.
  • Ah right, they did the Shank games.  Been playing no.2 on the Bone, it's tough as boots but very well done.
  • Shank, Invis Inc. Don't Starve, and Mark of the fucking Ninja. They also co-published Crypt of the Necrodancer cos they have good eyes for good things, and their latest, Oxygen Not Included is a pretty fun colony sim but overall not my bag as I am awful at construction of working systems.
  • Mmm.  MotfN could well be the best XBLA console exclusive on 360, after Trials HD/Evo.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah Ninja is hot non-shit.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If I could survive a single winter in Don't Starve I would like it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ninja is fucking legit never 4get
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wait did we all just agree on something
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm on the Kingdom New Lands. It's very interesting but I don't know how long it is. Probably not one I'd return to after finishing.

But definitely one I will finish. Very fun.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Has anyone played Dex? Looks like a cyberpunk 2D Deus Ex, sort of.

I love me a bit of cyberpunk dystopia.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Wait did we all just agree on something
    Fucking yes.

Invis Inc. is the exact same design philosophy applied to turn-based strategy. Klei are doing God's work, or the video game bit of it at least (although I also think the next game won't be my cup of tea).
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Annulled. I don't like the character designs in Invis.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ninja was good, I don't seem to have loved it as much as others here, but it was definitely good fun.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Annulled. I don't like the character designs in Invis.
    I'm not fully behind the art style they use either. But, whatever, the games are great.
  • Never got on with don't starve but mark of the ninja is the shit
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I bloody loved Mark of the Ninja but struggled to get on with Invis Inc. It is very hard to fault the company at the moment however as they continuously produce such a wide range of smaller games. A range that always seem to be the best in class.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Subbax wrote:
    I'm on the Kingdom New Lands. It's very interesting but I don't know how long it is. Probably not one I'd return to after finishing.

But definitely one I will finish. Very fun.

There's a thread if you need to know stuff.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • 2 Games on the go - Doom 1 (Xbox) - Holds up pretty well!  It's especially good of you're a bit rubbish at shooting games, as you only have to aim horizontally; the vertical aiming takes care of itself.  I just beat the first act and will push on, so long as it doesn't get significantly more difficult.  Soundtrack and shotgun sound effects are as great as I remembered them to be too.

Also Injustice 2.  I like it well enough.  It has an awful lot of single player content/comic fan service for those of us who aren't competitive in multiplayer.  I Don't like the free-to-play style loot system though.  

IE: One of the game's gimmicks is that you can unlock new costume pieces for your characters.  After you complete battles or special challenges, you're awarded with credits, loot boxes, or a random costume pieces.  You can only use credits to buy loot boxes.  Loot boxes contain random costume pieces.  So the only way you can acquire specific costume pieces is by chance.  Further, you can unlock duplicates of what you've previously unlocked!  You need to be extremely lucky to get a full set that you're after.

Further still, you have to level up your characters to use the high tier costume pieces, and to fight the tougher challenges (eg: it's pointless doing a level 20 challenge as a level 5 character; enemies are damage sponges and you get KO'd after a few hits).  It's a shithouse system in an otherwise very attractive game for superhero fans.

Embarrassed to admit I stayed up past midnight on a weekday trying to unlock a skirt for supergirl.  Was pretty annoyed at myself and it put me off the game a bit.  I'm staying away from the grindy bits and enjoying the old fashioned arcade style challenges now.  Hopefully the loot system will be toned down with a patch.  They did a promo this week for the new Wonder Woman film by putting up a series of challenges to unlock a specific and complete costume.  It was great.  I'd love more of that.
    Subbax wrote:
    Has anyone played Dex? Looks like a cyberpunk 2D Deus Ex, sort of. I love me a bit of cyberpunk dystopia.

Only a tiny bit - Your description seemed pretty apt.  I liked the art but didn't really enjoy the combat, was a bit clunky.  It didn't really grab me right away and it's a fair way back in my To Be Played list at the moment.  Sorry if that's not very helpful!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Having a punt on Outlast seeing as it's only £3.99

The video camera mechanism and night vision are an interesting mechanism but the rest of it seems fairly off the shelf horror/jump scare/haunted house..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Whistleblower is better.
  • Been to the post office today and still no new games for me. Won't go back till at least Tuesday now.

I guess I've no choice but to start Deus Ex - it's all I've got left that hasn't been played.
  • Prey was £28 in Tesco the other day but otherwise there's a disappointing lack of discountage for recent stuff so far.. I blame the summer.
    The Forum Herald™
  • First impressions of Deus Ex: MD - it does FPS stealth better than Dishonored 2. Like the cover system particularly and the controls are less fiddly.

But I don't know if I can be arsed with this sort of thing atm. Feel like I've done a lot of story games recently and want something more immediate and focused.
  • Dead Cells? Flinthook? Not sure if they are on PS4 (actually pretty sure Dead Cells isn't as it is early access)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!