Currently Playing
  • Yeah but when a guy has suggested frequently they don't like something being said over and over, battering on with it regardless isn't next level, it's just spiteful or rude.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I wasn't even aware that term bothered Yoss. Its that old adage though, if it had been another member it would've been ignored.

Controversial.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Yeah but when a guy has suggested frequently they don't like something being said over and over, battering on with it regardless isn't next level, it's just spiteful or rude.

Of course he could just ignore it. It's the internet after all.

Plus he did call me a troll. Do I have to point I
    Out I don't like that or that I don't like being called a cunt before that's a thing?

If so you can take that as read.

The Forum Herald™
  • It's been brought up by Yoss a lot.

It's nothing really to do with any supposed old adage. Guy has been clear it's not on. End of. I used it before and apologised, it's pretty simple.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Then I honestly haven't seen Yoss mention it other than in reply to people using that word in a regular fashion.

Bob ya cunt.
  • I'm not going to get into the specifics of targeting a term at an individual over hollsitic terms because there's no point, Bob, you don't actually care.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have pointed this out to Bob specifically, which is why he keeps using it.

I'm not bothered, though. My opinion of Bob is such that he can say what he likes and I won't give a shit.
  • Stop bothering Yoss you bunch' a miserable cunts!

Still playing Alan Wake.
    It's okay but not sure if I'm really enjoying the game. Visuals are pretty but gameplay is a bit run of the mill. It's also decidedly not scary for a horror game. Than again, no game has ever scared me since SH2.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Tempy wrote:
    It's been brought up by Yoss a lot.

It's nothing really to do with any supposed old adage. Guy has been clear it's not on. End of. I used it before and apologised, it's pretty simple.

I used it too, with no malice, he said he didn't like it, I haven't used it since. It's not fucking hard. Unless you want to be a dick.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bossing.  When two forumites knee slide at one another.
  • I bought Sky Force Anniversary, as it was only £3 something and I needed a change of pace from Persona 5.

Seems decent. Not sure whether the repeat levels-collect tokens-upgrade structure will be too much of a grind long term, but it's not a problem so far. The bonus objectives make it worth redoing levels anyway. Otherwise it's solid, 1943 style shooting.
  • Was at a newly opened gaming themed pub in Glasgow yesterday named Super Bario. Good selection of games..

Standup OG Sega Rally
    Standup OG Ridge Racer
    Tekken Tag Tourney 2*
    House Of The Dead*
    Some Egyptian themed Hitmaker light gun game I'd never seen before*
    Cosmic Smash
    Aliens (Konami side-scroller)
    Moonwalker
    Street Fighter Alpha 3

*50p a credit, £1 for three.

Great wee spot! Good selection of beers and nice chilled atmosphere. Not too in your face with the gamey signage.

Some photos:
    PBxpLMI.jpg
    ex8xnBs.jpg
    o3LvZ8F.jpg
    4enNp00.jpg

Found on King St in Trongate. Could be a great place to go for future meets.
  • Aye I did an article on them a few months ago, not a bad place really.
  • Was in there a few weeks back. Nice wee place I thought.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Bossing.  When two forumites knee slide at one another.
    Scissor Sickeners - two cunts rubbing each other up the wrong way, and you have to watch politely.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Seems to be a big gaming community in Glasgow- perhaps it's the rain.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Downwell on PS4, presumably other devices too.  I'll probably dig out the Vita charger, seems like a good one to get sucked into.  A trailer will explain it better than I can:

Was around £1.60 iirc.
  • The thirty seconds I spent with it were pretty awful.
  • Downwell was almost brilliant on iPhone, I can only imagine it's delightful on a pad, I just never got around to buying it on Steam.
  • A friend came over and I tried Flinthook which is another of Tribute's games with animations and art by Johan Vinet whose art I have followed for a while. 

Still haven't managed to clear the first run of levels yet (given it is a rogue-lite) but its controls are super sharp and I can see myself buying it. Probably one for Moot, if he can get past its randomised level.

Tomorrow I'll give Dead-Cells a go too, which is a Metroidvania roguelite.
  • Have had to blind guess my first puzzle in the witness. Have about 4 now on the go. At least. Still stunning.
  • Superhot is fantastic. No need to wank on, but the playfulness with story and nasty tone is bang on.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, Superhot is a little gem.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I bought Stardew Valley on release and played a little but stopped, probably when something else arrived. Well, I've delved back in and now am hopelessly addicted. Haven't gamed past midnight so much as I have this week. Always something to do, I love the thing. Can see it eating up the weeks to come. HALP!
  • What is it?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Animal Crossing meets Harvest Moon ish type thing. Been on PC for quite a while.

• Noted for when I get through this current raft of games.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Downwell on PS4, presumably other devices too.  I'll probably dig out the Vita charger, seems like a good one to get sucked into.  A trailer will explain it better than I can:

Was around £1.60 iirc.
    Bought it on iPad after a glowing eurogamer review but couldn't really get into it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Titan Souls. 10 dead. Died 76 times. Keep getting mauled by a yeti.

Still not sure I like it but definitely satisfying when you kill one. Slightly too clunky/unpredictable though. Key is no more that 199 more deaths.
  • Okay, I take everything back I've said about Alan Wake.
    It's actually quite good once the game gets going. Twin Peaks meets Stephen King in the Twilight Zoe but in a good way. Yeah, gameplay is cribbed from Resident Evil but it's mostly solid. I like the flashlight mechanic although the battery boost draining ability makes no sense to me. Game could've done without it. The npc coop sequences are epic.

Almost at the end with chapter6. Narrative flow is great and quite natural. Game's linear though but that's the tradeoff you make.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!