Currently Playing
  • This whole rail car section is an all timer. Ridiculous how good it is. Shitting myself, but amazing.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You're really making me want to try them. So I might.
  • I played the first half hour of the first game. It was a bit shite, but I'm willing to give it another try.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Considering how cheap they always are I feel like I should have a play one day too.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I played the first half hour of the first game. It was a bit shite, but I'm willing to give it another try.

Lots of atmosphere but they get a bit dull before you see the end.

I also didn't like the bullet/currency mechanism. Personally.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Didn't run into much trouble with bullet currency, but didn't try first on harder settings.

I would also say that the first half hour of the first isn't it's finest moment.
  • Last night getting better. Story still weak, but at least we're in the middle where the next objective and the background has a large dose of simple revenge.

The stealth has solid and consistent mechanics, mixed bag of areas as far as options go though. Some nice and varied, some are in a metro tunnel, and play like it.

Wish they took a different tack with some of the sections and use of taking away player control.

I've gotten used to predicting when it's a "last until the cut scene kicks in" or an actual section with finite enemies, but there's still bits where legging it is an option too. So there's restarts, ammo wasting etc that could be better managed.

Most of the in vehicle/literally on rails bits have been cool. But this bit just before Venice was a bit annoying.

Guns are super awesome, lighting and atmosphere still top tier.
  • A couple of flood/library bottlenecks, but they were cool. Guns getting better. Lighting and visuals still stunning. Back shooting humans now. Strong.

Another couple of amazing sequences.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Played some Edith Finch up to just after the first story. Detailing in the house is brilliant. Better than Gone Home. Lots have thought put into object placement for storytelling.

Nice ambience as well. Feel i'm paying more attention to the creaks and groans of my own house a bit after playing.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Got Finch on my list as well. Pretty sure B will buy that soonish and then I can play it. Will probably take a while for me to get around it.

Am close to finishing Limbo, one of the approx. 100 games on my pile of shame list (not that I will play them all, Fallout 4 is on there as well, don't think I'll go back to it, rather get the GOTY edition of 3 at some point). Planning on starting Inside after I completed Limbo. According to B the puzzles and controls are better, so that's something to look forward to. 

Mostly enjoying Limbo, but I don't really care for puzzles that you know the solution to but need to redo a couple of times because the controls are a bit slow. Watching the boy die over and over doesn't really do anything for me either. B still cringes a bit when he sees that happen, so it clearly does have an effect on some people. The spider bit was nicely done, tension at the start of the game feels better than later on so far. World above the ground felt more real to me I guess, but we'll see how it goes when it's finished.
  • Metro Moscow >>>> destiny Moscow.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Metro Moscow >>>> destiny Moscow.

Agreed.
    Your recent posts have me doing a replay thru too.
    So atmospheric and lighting is amazing.
  • There are flaws, and I recall griff having trouble with point blank aiming being funky, and I now see how that can happen.

I'm saying it's by design. Watchmen seem to have tough hides, 3 shots with a shotty if you don't blast mouth. And there's a whole lot of stuff going on with reticule and hit boxes etc when you try and fire from hip.

In combination with having to manually charge light, wipe visor, take time to medkit, pump up as well as reload some guns, change filters, use lighter, it does a brilliant job of making things quite hands on and solid.

On home stretch now. The rain and wind when you get outside is crazy.
  • This final section is a long one. Great though.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Resolutely anti-Soviet as well. Wearing the Ukrainian on their sleeves.
  • Good point.

Also: TITS.
  • Having just finished Edith Finch, I've moved on to Horizon Zero Dawn. Only played for about an hour, so it's still tutorial. It looks stunning, but the writing is dreadful, it's already making me cringe and what I'll refer to as the 'development' sequence cutscene reminded me of an A-Team 'build' scene. I'm astonished no one said "I love it when a plan comes together" at the end.
  • Some patience testing moments towards the end of metro last night. Sometimes the gas mask filters and not having a health pack add a level of frustration that is meant to be tension.

Possible I've made life tough by selecting a harder difficulty from the off. There's not heaps of cut scenes, and they flow quickly into gameplay, but it is annoying when there's one stuck on a restart you have to do a few times.

Still love it though.
  • Wow. Finished strong! Now for the dlc.

More thoughts in the completed thread.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Glad you loved it man, now play Prey.

And watch The Wailing while you're at it. Thanks me, cinty and 10p later.
  • Feel like I need someone who worked it out to post a FAQ about gas mask and filter use.

Its the one mechanic you can actually really fuck up. Never quite sussed it.
  • Also, started on Kingdom. 2d tower defense lite thing. Had seen vids a few times and bit the bullet when it was on sale.

It may end up being shallow, but it's minimalist approach and music/mellow antics meant that first playthrough was very nice. (well, second playthrough, spent money badly early, and it was obvious in first playthrough so started again.)
  • Also also, gave one of the extra missions a crack on metro. Good fun. What a package.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I started Murdered: Soul Suspect. Seems a bit meh.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Feel like I need someone who worked it out to post a FAQ about gas mask and filter use.

Does the filters work differently in LL than in OG Metro?

I never had a problem with the filters in the first, if you scavenge there were always enough. Use them until you're gasping and replace.

Planning to get on LL pretty soon.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy wrote:

I didn't mind it. Flawed but underrated. It's a B movie game, treat it as thus.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

I didn't mind it. Flawed but underrated. It's a B movie game, treat it as thus.

Yeah, but that title...
  • Webbins wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Feel like I need someone who worked it out to post a FAQ about gas mask and filter use.

Does the filters work differently in LL than in OG Metro?

I never had a problem with the filters in the first, if you scavenge there were always enough. Use them until you're gasping and replace.

Planning to get on LL pretty soon.

I dunno, I didn't know what I was doing in the first one either. ;)

I feel like I had times when I had 10 minutes of filter, then swapped a mask, or swapped a filter early and went down to no time. Or 1 minute.

(don't know if there's a difference on survival over Spartan mode as well.)
  • I'm clearly missing a bunch of things about Kingdom. Definitely got something great about it though.

EDIT: just worked out a few things, but there's still a point where no money comes in and you just have to wait. Talk about winter is coming.

Music is lovely.
  • Kingdom is either going to be shallow, or open up and be freakin amazing.

Random generation is cool. Very cool. Has anyone else dabbled on pc or Xbox?

Third run through has been much cooler. Nailed everything up to a certain point. Suspect the game actually has an end point.

Suspect the reason new game option is so obvious is that there are points where you are just in a bad loop and have made bad choices and getting over run is inevitable.
    Spoiler:

Already lost sleep over this game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!