Currently Playing
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    5 bosses down on Megaman 11. It's fun. I've only played 2 and X, but if I had an affinity for the series this is presumably precisely what I'd want. The bouncing stage was annoying, but I'm well on my way. That'll do for now. Ever tried Azure Striker Gunvolt, Jon?
    Can't say I have.

IIRC the bouncing bit was made easier if you'd done one of the other stages first and got the boss power so you could destroy some of the obstacles.
  • They're decent, only on 3DS and Switch afaik (and hugely overpriced on Switch, of course - I got them for £5 each on 3DS).  There's plenty of Megaman in there but you tag enemies before hitting them.  It works. 

Voice over!

The air dash character helped with the balloon stage in MM.  It's all a bit easier now I've realised it's worth buying things between stages.
  • The difficulty level is definitely a bit wonky on it. On one hand you've got obstacles that are instant death when everything else isn't. On the other, you can easily brute force boss encounters first time with health refills. And when you know you might have to do a stage all over again, it's hard not to abuse that.

In the end I set myself a challenge on the inevitable boss rush level towards the end to do it without using any items. I think that made up for the few times I cheesed my way through.
  • It's also a bit weird that you keep all items in a stage when you exit.  I've got less discipline than you with working angles so I've already filled my boots with the big spring 30 seconds into the first stage.  My wallet is bulging.
  • Neir Automata.  Just got to the desert. Should I be enjoying yet because I’m not so sure I am?  Up to and including that first big boss it was fucking astounding and now it seems a bit open world and broken.
  • Neir Automata.  Just got to the desert. Should I be enjoying yet because I’m not so sure I am?  Up to and including that first big boss it was fucking astounding and now it seems a bit open world and broken.

Yeah this was my sentiment.
    I pressed on and did another section after the desert which was good but not a patch on the opening.
    After that I just ended my session naturally and never went back.

• Turns into one of the all-time greatest games. Admit it takes a while to get going.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You mean like Destiny?

/troll
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Turns into one of the all-time greatest games. Admit it takes a while to get going.

At what point?
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian wrote:
    You mean like Destiny? /troll

No
  • LivDiv wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Turns into one of the all-time greatest games. Admit it takes a while to get going.
    At what point?
    Spoiler:

Skip as much of that as you can or want, can always do more later. Still very early in the game, have you beaten what seems like a main boss? Adam or someone? Can’t remener at what point that comes in.
  • It was a while back so memory is hazy, I definitely fought him, cant remember if you beat him or if it is one of those must fail bosses.

TBH if I had it on console I would have given it another go, I just hate PC gaming as I spend all day sat at the thing working.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Night in the Woods

Must be getting close to the end and I absolutely love it. It's great. Simple, but powerful.

Story spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • To anyone hoo's played Owlboy, is there a way to find out where you're supposed to go in the village sections?  Route finding in the action stages is self explanatory, but there seems to be an awful lot of aimless wandering in towns (or at least it feels like a lot) in order to trigger the next event when you find it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    To anyone hoo's played Owlboy, is there a way to find out where you're supposed to go in the village sections?  Route finding in the action stages is self explanatory, but there seems to be an awful lot of aimless wandering in towns (or at least it feels like a lot) in order to trigger the next event when you find it.

That’s one of the reasons i gave up.
  • Ehh. It's pretty good but it does smack of [7] so far. I preferred Iconoclasts as my labour of love modern retro platform fix.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A Moot [7] very much reads like a [4]
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    CRIMES
    I haven't done as many crimes as I wanted, which makes me feel kinda sad. Did smash up a fair amount of light bulbs though.

Still thinking about the game this morning and can't wait to continue tonight.
  • Still playing Black Bird on Switch, on and off. It's a simple shmup but the wrapped screen (or whatever the Defender/Fantasy Zone loop thing is called) works well with the combo chaining. I wouldn't call it deep but I'd wager it has some speed running and score chasing fans. Feel bad giving it a 5 now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hum hum tiny onion
  • Back on red dead redemption 2

Can't remember a single button!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just go to your horse and press R2
  • The credits are rolling for me right now and I reckon I know at least half the buttons.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Show off
  • Haven't played for maybe 2 months. 99% sure my horse has changed. I had a big grey one, named him Brutus. Brutus is a skinny little brown fucker now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I got half way through Chapter 2 and switched to Xbox X cos of shinies. But too much other stuff to play so it’s on the back burner until probably end of year.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Snooker 19 - Plays a bloody brilliant game.
  • Well now. Always liked a bit of the beize since Jimmy White 2 on the DC. Might plump for the Switch version when it hits a sale.
  • Haven’t played a snooker game since codies efforts on ps2. U used to get a code you could upload when you got a century
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!