Currently Playing
  • I’m just pulling your leg
  • Oh.

Ok, I got that wrong then. But I’ve seen a vid of yours... and you’re definitely way better at this. I watched a DMC5 vid of yours and you’re great at that too! I wonder how you never managed to gel with vs fighters.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Sorry I was bored at work and just joking with you!

Vs fighters? Too high a barrier for input control, pressure against a real opponent, need to understand too much conceptual stuff. Spectacle fighters tend to have more relaxed input stuff, enemies don’t have a broad range of tactics and mind games to pull from. I did enjoy trying to get into SFV, but it was too much.
  • Key difference I suppose is also that it’s a completely different ball game vs a human opponent in a vs fighter. While in the likes of DMC you can learn the enemy and prep accordingly, even if there are complex mechanics at play. And yes, more forgiving inputs.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Boy is playing Smash while I work. All I can hear is him screaming and cursing the game and WHY IS THERE A GIANT DOG IN MY WAY GET THIS DOG AWAY
    What mode is he playing?

For both Smash mode and online you can set the rules. Set stages to battlefield and omega and you won't get the ones with moving platforms etc, turning all items (or specific ones) off might also get rid of unwanted dogs.

• Dunno I just put it on for him and left him to it! After a while he was doing training and all I could hear was the same attack again and again...

He’s only 5, he’ll get there. :)

I’ll edit the options for him next time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I can imagine all the extra things happening is half the fun for a 5 year old!

Was only telling so you'd know there is a way to maybe reduce the screaming and cursing and actually get rid of the dog ;).
  • In fact, has anyone with experience of the game have any idea how long Iconoclasts is?

Surprisingly long. 12hrs maybe.

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    In fact, has anyone with experience of the game have any idea how long Iconoclasts is?
    Surprisingly long. 12hrs maybe.

Oh fuck...
  • It's good for it though, plenty of decent boss battles and not much padding or fetching.
  • There's a bit in Owlboy where you get fired from a cannon than just makes no sense to me at all in terms of controls. Also, people need to lay off the chase scenes in Ori until they've tried a couple in this. I'm enjoying it, but there's a lot wrong with it for a game that was initially so well received.
  • I got bored within an hour
  • The lack of map or signposting is practically trolling in this day and age. Turns out I didn't need to do the bit I was stuck on, which I ended up Googling. Some good ideas, the platform/airborne shmup hybrid gameplay works, but it's definitely on the dull side.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Picked up Mario Odyssey again.

If there ever will be a game where I will throw a joy con towards the TV it's this one. Got very close today and haven't seen the credits yet. But I think I'm close.

Still love it, but the camera can be so frustrating, specially if you fall from really high into hot pink stuff and Mario needs to go "ow ow ow hot hot hot" at least 3 times before he dies and then you need to watch 10 coins or so being subtracted from 3000+ coins and it gets annoying real quick. I did it in the end though.
  • Can't see a Mortal Kombat thread - anyone pick it up? I want to, weirdly, play all the story stuff but don't have a way to play IX... And want to play em all.

Any fans? Any interest?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Nina wrote:
    Picked up Mario Odyssey again. If there ever will be a game where I will throw a joy con towards the TV it's this one. Got very close today and haven't seen the credits yet. But I think I'm close. Still love it, but the camera can be so frustrating, specially if you fall from really high into hot pink stuff and Mario needs to go "ow ow ow hot hot hot" at least 3 times before he dies and then you need to watch 10 coins or so being subtracted from 3000+ coins and it gets annoying real quick. I did it in the end though.

Cant say I ever got frustrated with Odyssey, but neither could I say I was enamoured with it as much as with Galaxies. Those were special, and the first I think I have played to completion at least 3 times.

I started playing Mario v Rabbids today and the combat seems incredibly fluid but also broken up by tedious areas which are obviously designed for backtracking. It feels padded out, and Im only on world 1-6.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Odyssey was overkill. You couldn't fall off the edge without picking up 20 moons on the way down.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • And it'd take 5 mins to die because of all the moon collect animations you'd have to sit through.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Can't see a Mortal Kombat thread - anyone pick it up? I want to, weirdly, play all the story stuff but don't have a way to play IX... And want to play em all.

Any fans? Any interest?

Yeah I will be getting it on Bone at some point.
    If it helps the story for IX is an embellished version of the story from 1 to 3. It is quite good though.

Unfortunately they are struggling to get it on back compat for bone because of character licensing.
  • Vela wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Picked up Mario Odyssey again. If there ever will be a game where I will throw a joy con towards the TV it's this one. Got very close today and haven't seen the credits yet. But I think I'm close. Still love it, but the camera can be so frustrating, specially if you fall from really high into hot pink stuff and Mario needs to go "ow ow ow hot hot hot" at least 3 times before he dies and then you need to watch 10 coins or so being subtracted from 3000+ coins and it gets annoying real quick. I did it in the end though.
    Cant say I ever got frustrated with Odyssey, but neither could I say I was enamoured with it as much as with Galaxies. Those were special, and the first I think I have played to completion at least 3 times. I started playing Mario v Rabbids today and the combat seems incredibly fluid but also broken up by tedious areas which are obviously designed for backtracking. It feels padded out, and Im only on world 1-6.
    MvR is very padded unfortunately. The level design is one thing but then the missions start getting a bit samey as well. Less should have been more. The core game is great though.
  • Initially I thought the block push puzzles were okay, but they'd outstayed their welcome before halfway.  I had no problem walking about as it didn't take long to get to the next battle, but those puzzles were impressively dull.  I like to be prepared in grid tactics games as I'm not the best at them, which means I felt the need to grab all the goodies.  Which meant a lot of block sliding.  They're in the (also very good overall) dlc too.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Can't see a Mortal Kombat thread - anyone pick it up? I want to, weirdly, play all the story stuff but don't have a way to play IX... And want to play em all.

Any fans? Any interest?

Yeah I will be getting it on Bone at some point.
    If it helps the story for IX is an embellished version of the story from 1 to 3. It is quite good though.

Unfortunately they are struggling to get it on back compat for bone because of character licensing.

Ah that's the issue. Sucks!
  • Just bought MK11 btw.

Doing some tutorials while it installs. Looks good.
    Apparently there are some microtransactions grundy issues, I'm not too fussed as they are cosmetic and the story/ fundamental game isnt effected.

Lots of people down rating it as well because there is some "SJW bullshit" with Jax at some point and all the white virgins have hurt penises over it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Lots of people down rating it as well because there is some "SJW bullshit" with Jax at some point and all the white virgins have hurt penises over it.

Is that the “They made her boobs smaller” ranting that’s all over the angry manbaby community?
  • Same people I imagine "keep yu politics out ma geeeermz"
  • So far I'm very much amused by one of the in game currencies being "Time Crystals"

uk8UbB.gif
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Cant say I ever got frustrated with Odyssey, but neither could I say I was enamoured with it as much as with Galaxies. Those were special, and the first I think I have played to completion at least 3 times.
    I don't know what it is with Mario games but I tend to fall off every ledge and run into every enemy possible. Makes me wonder how I ever managed to navigate 3d software.

Probably also didn't help that I started it again after a couple months and forgot when waggle does anything etc. Should I try and learn to do the thing where he jumps on his hat? My brother showed it to me but I ignored him at the time.

Think it's still a fun game, I like that all the worlds feel different to previous games, and now I'm in
    Spoiler:
    I've found a really cute enemy that you can control
    Spoiler:

• That's the best controllable enemy imo. I'd pay for a dlc spin off.
  • OMG YES. SO BEST
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They're no accordion caterpillar type things.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!