Currently Playing
  • Beef stew with or without dumplings?
  • Without, but with half a bloomer.
    It was really good as well, but I aint spending any time on it when in the mean time MK11 is a bloody mess.
  • Thanks lads!
    Finished the mgsv intro last night. Amazing stuff, Kojima still knows how to do an intro.
    Ground zeroes is the actual prologue I assume? It's a small download at 3-4 GB or so, might try to finish that first.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Crossing Souls. Doesn't set the world alight but it's pretty much what I was hoping for after mostly decent reviews. Zombies ate my Neighbours mixed with Lost Vikings and ladelfuls of Stranger Things 80s chums on a mission vibes.
  • hunk wrote:
    Thanks lads!
    Finished the mgsv intro last night. Amazing stuff, Kojima still knows how to do an intro.
    Ground zeroes is the actual prologue I assume? It's a small download at 3-4 GB or so, might try to finish that first.

GZ is great. Big enough to get value, small enough to be tight on a single playthrough.

Replay value off charts
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Right, I haven't played Red Dead since before Christmas. Time to get back in the saddle. If I don't shoot my horse in the face first.
  • Been trying out ascension on iOS after crate and crowbar podcast were giving it props.
    I like the fact it has offline mode so I can play it on the tube.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Been trying out ascension on iOS after crate and crowbar podcast were giving it props. I like the fact it has offline mode so I can play it on the tube.

Remember when Chris mentioned the "Discord Community Member" he asked for help with Sekiro? That wuz me. A bunch of the discord have gone wild for Ascension!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Which Ascension are you talking about? There appears to be a few iOS games with that or a similar name.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Which Ascension are you talking about? There appears to be a few iOS games with that or a similar name.
    Search for ascension deckbuilding game
    It’s free for the basics game and works ok on one of the plus sized iphones

• Tempy wrote:
    Been trying out ascension on iOS after crate and crowbar podcast were giving it props. I like the fact it has offline mode so I can play it on the tube.
    Remember when Chris mentioned the "Discord Community Member" he asked for help with Sekiro? That wuz me. A bunch of the discord have gone wild for Ascension!
    Have you tried it?

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Search for ascension deckbuilding game
    It’s free for the basics game and works ok on one of the plus sized iphones

Cheers, I was hoping it was one of the other ones. Deckbuilders don’t really appeal to me.
  • Oh but the synergies!!

• Feels like I'm near the end of Crossing Souls. It's not up to Devlover's usual standards, grown quite fond of their releases on the whole, but it's better than a kick in the teeth.
  • Haven’t played it but agree re Devolver

• I decided to buy Heaven's Vault today after reading a couple of glowing reviews.

Not far into it yet, but aside from the rather cheap looking visual style it seems very appealing. I like the idea of translating bits of an ancient language and different interpretations leading to different paths.
  • Yeah i’ve been trying to decide whether to get that or not
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm also keen on it given I still play 80 Days of a free 20 mins.
  • We'll see how it develops. At the moment there's a sense of anticipation with every new inscription I find, and then you're trying to look for symbols that different words have in common thinking maybe that equates to a similar meaning, but all while realising you haven't a clue what you're doing and you could be making it all up.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm also keen on it given I still play 80 Days of a free 20 mins.

Such a game.
  • Don't Starve Together's getting a load of playtime again. It's a game I've payed off and on for a while now, but our current worlds are coming along better than anything before. I'm playing Winona atm, her recent rework added constructable catapults and floodlights and makes her a pretty legit pick.

As a team we've got Bearger and Deerclops dead to rights, we have food, berry bush, grass, spider, pig, and bunny farms going, and we have a herd of koalaphants (20 or so, you should hear their snores at night!) for poop and maybe food - but honestly with more food production than we know what to do with, and an effective trap based hound farm for monster meat, starving is the last thing we gotta worry about.

It's a fine game indeed, though tough for beginners and definitely not for everyone. After hundreds of hours I'm still learning and continue to find it constantly challenging but also immensely satisfying, and I love that Klei are still delivering quality updates for both DST and the regular game. Going forward I wanna try out the reworked Willow, and maybe even the newly released soul munching demon, Wortox. He's a DLC character and ain't cheap, but I'm happy to chuck a bit more cash at this game.

• Forgotten Anne.  I don't think I'm going to enjoy this.
  • Only played the demo of that one - thought it looked incredible but was pretty put off by how it played.

Hope it improves for you.

Currently Re-Playing a couple of RPGs, bit of a slow start to both

Final Fantasy IX (Switch) - I do regret buying this - It's only been a few years since the last play.  It was an impulse from seeing it on the Nintendo Switch E-Shop.  Part of the slow start is not especially being in the mood for it's pantomime fantasy story.  The other part is it's a pretty pissweak remaster, with its low resolution background art and high resolution 3d characters.  It doesn't look right.  Really wish there was a way to turn the resolution right down to it's original look.  Or figure out how to make the backgrounds look high res on Switch as well (Remember reading about some PC mod making the backgrounds look great, so guess it can be done!).  Beyond that the world map chugs along at a very low frame rate and battles seem to take 5 - 10 seconds of stalling before they begin, with the camera panning about a barren, muddy texture arena before you can get going.  Hopefully it gets the hooks in soon.

Witcher 3 (PC) - It's a bit hard coming to grips with Geralt after playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Sekiro earlier this year.  He's very clunky and imprecise.  Coupled with the bits of the game that haven't aged well (too much detective mode, WAY too much looting, poor combat, a badly laid out inventory/menu system) and it shouldn't be much chop.  But unlike with FFIX, I absolutely am in the mood for its gritty fantasy tales!  That part has already got my attention and there are plenty of bits and characters I'm really looking forward to revisiting (and I've never played through the final expansion either).   Hopefully the control issues will fade away after a while.  I'd turn the difficulty right down to negate the looting... but I really want to put together a full collection of witcher armour sets, so we'll just have to put up with it.  Looking cool takes precedence over enjoying my leisure time, apparently.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • It really does look lovely.
  • I’ve started ac odyssey and so far it’s exactly what I was worrying it was gonna be. Wooden animation, glassy eyed npc’s, terrible scripting, fucking unreal voice acting - srsly, English with a funny accent, still? - a million quests starting all at once, upgrade paths dropping in before I’ve any concept of what might be best to upgrade, and numbersyesfuckingnumbers coming out of badmens heads who I only know are badmen because they have armour.
    How long until you look past this and see the game for being as decent as most say it is? Apart from the pretty graphics I t’s like game dev from 5 years ago. Hmmmmmm.
  • Did you pick the girl ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yes. I love the way she looks but not the way she’s drifted off to think about a defining moment of her past in a badly staged cutscene.
  • Wait until you get off the first starter island and then see what you think
    The Forum Herald™
  • Will do. It’s actually both Eurogamer and your enduring praise that kept me from quitting last night. I’ll keep going with it.
  • Got my fingers in a few pies at the moment, looking for something to stick. Started CODWWII this evening, not sure about it yet. It looks great, but as it seems to freeze for a few frames every 30 seconds or so, presumably as a result of the console creaking under the weight of the lush visuals, I've got to question why it looks so good if it comes at the cost of me not quite being able to play the fucking thing properly. I also find dying in the COD types so immensely unsatisfying I'm already playing on recruit difficulty. I'm not a FPS guy but I was happy to die multiple times in DOOM 2016 as the action was near perfect - this is just a lottery of sorts, I've never been keen on the imprecise nature of it all and the boredom that sets in after a few deaths in quick succession.

Believe it or not I'm still finding it fairly enjoyable as something a bit different from my usual stuff, but the core is just a bit too wonky for me. I've been impressed with the story sections so far though, they can be awful in stuff like this but the voice acting and dialogue is strong.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!