Currently Playing
  • The sale doesn't seem to be still going? It says humble bundle but hte price is £17.99??
    The Forum Herald™
  • The sale ended on Thursday.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    A combo of Persona 5, The Binding of Isaac and Celeste.

Pretty happy with that.
  • I'm mainly playing FutureGrind at the mo, which as I keep mentioning in the Switch thread is superb. Not sure when it was released but it's shaping up to be my favourite game so far this year.

Father/daughter co-op is slow going now the weather's picked up. We're not halfway through Yoshi yet, same with (the downright lovely) Hidden Folks and we've only played the first act of Wandersong (which is shaping up to be our new Night in the Woods). Box Boy is queued up to follow on from Yoshi.
  • Christ your getting a fuck ton of fun out of your switch mine is jealous

I’m possibly getting a little bored of days gone at the 817 days gone .. possible time to focus on story missions and Nero checkpoints
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'd be amazed if I haven't played it more than my PS4 and XBox combined at this stage. Undocked play is a convenience multiplier.
  • Valiant Hearts. Had it for ages on PS+, played it for 45 mins or so a couple of years back. Finally got cracking with it properly today. The into the screen vehicle sections are delightful.
  • The whole game is pretty good tbh
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Started playing Ys: Memories of Celceta, a game most noticable for having two words in its title which I can neither confidently spell or pronounce
  • Of and Celceta?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • American Fugitive

I’ve written about it a couple of times in the General Games News thread, I’ll put those posts in spoilers for ease of skipping if you’ve already read them. I’m playing on Switch, but it’s available on Steam, PS4, and XB1 as well.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, that brings us to now. A stability patch dropped at the start of the week; I think I read on twitter that they’d accidentally uploaded an older, botched config file for the game launch. It appears to have been stabler, although I did still have the game crash earlier. The frame rate can suffer in faster vehicles, and you occasionally see drivers floating outside their vehicles, but I gather further stability patches are on the way.

And, it’s well worth suffering these little niggles. On a few occasions I’ve spent a while just rampaging around as you do in GTA, lasting as long as you can against the cops. The rest of the time I’ve just been progressing the story. The way dialogue is handled is basic but charming, and the similarly basic ‘minigame’ for raiding premises works just fine. The way the last mission before unlocking the second of the three islands played out was neat, and the getaway was more interesting than I expected.

I’m genuinely interested to see where the story goes, which says something for a title like this, I think.
  • It's different from almost everything else I play.  Shame about the framerate hiccups as I'd mostly be playing undocked.  I assume stability is improved slightly in docked mode?  Pile of shame is too strong to drop £14 on it at the mo, but it'll definitely be added at some point.
  • I don’t honestly know. I’m mostly playing in handheld mode. When I played docked, I felt like the frame rate was choppier, but that might just be coincidence.
  • Anyone tried this American Fugitive thing on switch?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't mind low res or blurry environs if they keep things stable, but I do find it irritating when performance is affected by prettiness.  I haven't played American Fugitive yet, so I mean in general here - I'd always prefer games to forgo shinies in order to keep everything running at a locked-in frame rate.  PC games offer these kinds of options to tinker with I believe. A few console games do, but I'd definitely welcome the implementation as standard.
  • Started DMCV last night. Wow, that’s a solid game.

I’ve barely used my PS4 in the last year, but have picked up again recently with God of War and Resi 2 - which I both saw through to the end.

Looks like the Pro is beginning to make a difference, as they are all phenomenal looking games. I was initially disappointed with the Pro, but looking online the quality of those titles on the Pro is noticeable (providing I’m not just comparing my TV to bad YouTube footage).

Anyway, there’s my rambled thoughts...
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I don't mind low res or blurry environs if they keep things stable, but I do find it irritating when performance is affected by prettiness.  I haven't played American Fugitive yet, so I mean in general here - I'd always prefer games to forgo shinies in order to keep everything running at a locked-in frame rate.  PC games offer these kinds of options to tinker with I believe. A few console games do, but I'd definitely welcome the implementation as standard.

I’m not keen on general fuzziness (Omensight on Switch looked like it was aspiring to be an N64 game) but I’d happily go for flatter, less detailed textures. My only issue is that, on the occasions I have seen these options, I find myself a little paralysed by choice.

It’s worth pointing out that American Fugitive only seems to suffer on those rare occasions when you get a car up to top speed, or the screen is inundated with Police. I’ll try to capture it at some point.
  • Felt the need for some regular progression that's not a Rogue like.

Started Sundered.

Has the metriods about it, has heavy rpg underpinnings which are cool.

Controls feel relatively tight.

Has co-op.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider is my current jam. It's real up and down - has some good moments and core game play of hunting, searching around and the actual tomb bits. But there are just some terrible, terrible game play choices at times.

For example - there are UNDERWATER STEALTH SECTIONS. Where you're hiding from piranha or some eel thing, while also having to manage your air by finding the next breath point, and also there are things to collect. Awful. And there have been a bunch of instafail death climbing parts too.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider is my current jam. It's real up and down - has some good moments and core game play of hunting, searching around and the actual tomb bits. But there are just some terrible, terrible game play choices at times.

For example - there are UNDERWATER STEALTH SECTIONS. Where you're hiding from piranha or some eel thing, while also having to manage your air by finding the next breath point, and also there are things to collect. Awful. And there have been a bunch of instafail death climbing parts too.

It’s not the best but it’s serviceable

Why can’t the big titted bitch shoot straight?

Probably time
    To
    Accept Lara’s best days are behind her
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing on Total War and I'm very confused.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Heavy infantry in the centre, cavalry on the flank, archers in the rear.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    *maneuvers pikemen to flank*
  • Not much this week because visitors are here and I'm basically on holiday.

But I got a nice early review copy of Judgment, which I've only managed a quick go on so far. 

Soon found myself outside a Club Sega, although the game was only partially downloaded at that point so I couldn't go in. Games available are Virtua Fighter 5, Fighting Vipers and Puyo Puyo.

61764466_10156935456470831_7511100401370791936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fecn4-1.fna&oh=890166205e0456317d5a0dd9f2a10e84&oe=5D50C970
  • Looking good Jon.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You look different to how you did in London.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Racist
  • If it's easy enough to put Fighting Vipers in games like Judgement surely we're overdue a model 1/model 2 Sega Arcade Classics Collection. Shame the other two games are shared with Yakuza 6, but it's still classy to include them.
  • Played a bit of Wandersong and Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom this weekend. Early days for both, 3hrs apiece maybe, but both have the potential to be quite special.

Wandersong seems to be doing absolutely everything right at the moment, would heartily recommend to anyone who enjoyed Night in the Woods. It's chock full of delightful touches and the dialogue is genuinely funny. One of the downright nicest games I've ever played.

Monster Boy is threatening to be precisely what I wanted. As your forms and abilities unlock it begins to reveal itself as a very tightly designed Wonderboy III pseudo sequel. It kinda does what Megaman 11 did for that franchise - a tweaked but resolutely old fashioned experience - but appears to be slightly more on the epic side.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!