Currently Playing
  • the create and crowbar did a whole podcast on it, well worth listening to as it's very funny.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Ooh, will need to give that a listen - thanks Charlie.
  • I liked Death Stranding too but when it finally decided to go heavy on the story towards the end it lost me a bit as I more enjoyed the strolling and less the iffy controls during boss fights.
  • Finished Deadly Premonition Origins last night. What a fantastic ending, story was BRILLIANTLY done. Now balls deep in A Blessing In Disguise and so good to spend more time with Special Agent Francis York Morgan
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Damn this dragon boss in Cuphead. Have taken solace in the fact that it's considered a difficulty spike. I can get to the final phase consistently. The main problem is that the fireballs it shoots split into 4 when hit. It's murdering me - so I need to stop shooting when they are about. I'm switching to the lobshot which has a slower rate of fire but is more powerful which will decrease the chances of splitting a fireball.

There's an expert mode apparantly :(
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Finished Deadly Premonition Origins last night. What a fantastic ending, story was BRILLIANTLY done. Now balls deep in A Blessing In Disguise and so good to spend more time with Special Agent Francis York Morgan

You mean
    Spoiler:

• davyK wrote:
    Damn this dragon boss in Cuphead. Have taken solace in the fact that it's considered a difficulty spike. I can get to the final phase consistently. The main problem is that the fireballs it shoots split into 4 when hit. It's murdering me - so I need to stop shooting when they are about. I'm switching to the lobshot which has a slower rate of fire but is more powerful which will decrease the chances of splitting a fireball.

There's an expert mode apparantly :(

Have you fiddled with your perks? I remember the dash being pretty much essential throughout but perhaps there are one or two sections where you could use that slot for something else? Memory is hazy.
  • SMW. 93 exits now. I just did a number again including the star road ones, and also found Top Secret Area.

Is it possible to link all the Star Road levels without finding both exits from each e.g. the fake exits? That could explain some of new 3 I've found.

Can only think of Ghost Houses left to explore now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Damn this dragon boss in Cuphead. Have taken solace in the fact that it's considered a difficulty spike. I can get to the final phase consistently. The main problem is that the fireballs it shoots split into 4 when hit. It's murdering me - so I need to stop shooting when they are about. I'm switching to the lobshot which has a slower rate of fire but is more powerful which will decrease the chances of splitting a fireball. There's an expert mode apparantly :(
    Have you fiddled with your perks? I remember the dash being pretty much essential throughout but perhaps there are one or two sections where you could use that slot for something else? Memory is hazy.

I find the dash more useful in the run and gun levels - that funfair level is only possible with it for example. I keep forgetting about it though.. :)   I have made short work of most levels up until now - this has been the first real sticking point and it seems to rate highly on Cuphead difficulty lists I've looked at on youtube..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    SMW. 93 exits now. I just did a number again including the star road ones, and also found Top Secret Area. Is it possible to link all the Star Road levels without finding both exits from each e.g. the fake exits? That could explain some of new 3 I've found. Can only think of Ghost Houses left to explore now.

Only way to link Star Road is via the 2nd exits.  I suspect the Ghost houses will be where the missing exits are. Can you remember seeing a 3up  moon at a Ghost House exit? If not then you have one to find there.  The Forest world might be another place to poke around in.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Finished Deadly Premonition Origins last night. What a fantastic ending, story was BRILLIANTLY done. Now balls deep in A Blessing In Disguise and so good to spend more time with Special Agent Francis York Morgan

You mean
    Spoiler:

Well yes but I also mean both.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Half hour of Beat Sabre, half hour of Pistol Whip and then half hour of Ring Fit Adventure makes me a sweaty mess.
    Who said videogames are bad for you??
  • davyK wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Damn this dragon boss in Cuphead. Have taken solace in the fact that it's considered a difficulty spike. I can get to the final phase consistently. The main problem is that the fireballs it shoots split into 4 when hit. It's murdering me - so I need to stop shooting when they are about. I'm switching to the lobshot which has a slower rate of fire but is more powerful which will decrease the chances of splitting a fireball. There's an expert mode apparantly :(

I find the dash more useful in the run and gun levels - that funfair level is only possible with it for example. I keep forgetting about it though.. :)   I have made short work of most levels up until now - this has been the first real sticking point and it seems to rate highly on Cuphead difficulty lists I've looked at on youtube..

Interesting, you approach it quite differently to me then. I thought that split second of invulnerability mid dash was pretty much essential.
  • davyK wrote:
    SMW. 93 exits now. I just did a number again including the star road ones, and also found Top Secret Area. Is it possible to link all the Star Road levels without finding both exits from each e.g. the fake exits? That could explain some of new 3 I've found. Can only think of Ghost Houses left to explore now.
    Only way to link Star Road is via the 2nd exits.  I suspect the Ghost houses will be where the missing exits are. Can you remember seeing a 3up  moon at a Ghost House exit? If not then you have one to find there.  The Forest world might be another place to poke around in.
    Cheers.

I'm picking up an old save so not sure what I'd found. Don't remember the moon so that will be one. Just puzzled why my exit count has gone up by 3 when only one new route has been added to the map (to the Top Secret Area).

edit: I had found that one.

I'm going to check each level I've got available against a master list. And if that doesn't work I'm going to have to complete all exits again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Interesting, you approach it quite differently to me then. I thought that split second of invulnerability mid dash was pretty much essential.

Didn't know you were invulnerable during the dash......
  • I remapped dash to a shoulder button too. Retroking did something different iirc. Every little helps.
  • SMW: 95 exits. Grr
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I am currently addicted to Hades, the new game from Supergiant. It's REALLY good. Still early access so there's a couple of bugs still, but it's pretty close to the 1.0 release. If you like ARPGs and roguelites it would absolutely be your jam I think.
  • Neon Abyss has gripped me more than the usual Roguelike.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I'm waiting for a sale with that one thanks to my crazy backlog!
  • Game pass babyyyyyyyy
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Neon Abyss has gripped me more than the usual Roguelike.

I'm enjoyjng it. It's like Isaac but not shit. Beat the first manager with a chain gun that fired fireballs.

• mrsmr2 wrote:
    SMW: 95 exits. Grr
    Bets on it being
    Spoiler:
  • My biggest gaming shame was never being able to find all 96 exits on SMW. I was stuck at 95 for ages, until one day the battery on my cart died. Never attempted it again.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • JonB wrote:
    I have returned to Death Stranding. Started months ago then got sidetracked by various other things. I've been putting it off because I thought I'd have forgotten everything, but it's been easy enough to pick up again.

I like it.
    To add to this. I do like it. It's nice being out there plotting routes and thinking about stuff you usually take for granted in games, like small hills or the weight of your gear.

But at the same time, I feel like I could easily drop it again the moment I've got something else to play. I don't know if I'll ever finish it, and might end up playing it here and there over a long period.
  • Slowly getting to grips with Astral Chain, although this
    Way too many ideas for its own good

might ring true for a single playthrough. There really is a lot to take in. Most of the systems seem to work but there are so many in play at once it all feels a bit intense. Plus the close quarters combat with its slightly iiffy camera reminds me of the Platinum Ninja Turtles effort that was universally panned. Sticking with it but it's definitely a 'pay attention and git gud' type of brawler, which aren't often the best for a casual playthrough.
  • JonB wrote:
    SMW: 95 exits. Grr
    Bets on it being
    Spoiler:
    Ha. Better not be. Done that bugger about 3 times (both exits) just to make sure.
  • OK, not that then. It was the one that got me all those years ago, and I've heard others say the same.
  • It was certainly one of the later ones I found.

I've been in a situation where the entire map is connected and I can access all levels so it's either a fake exit I've missed or a two way route but I've only opened it in one way e.g. Forest of Illusion 1 which was my 95th exit.
  • Shadow of the Colossus time trials.

Team ICO so best.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!