• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Yoss, do you fancy co-op SoR4 at some point?  I'm determined to finish it on Mania but level 7 is proving too much for me.

I am, yes. I’ve not gone near mania yet, be fun to try. Possibly in that gap between Christmas and New Year?
  • Sounds good.  I'm off now until the 5th January so I'm sure there'll be an opportunity.  Doesn't need to be Mania, just giving co-op a shot would be fun. I've only played solo so far.
  • I would like to join this, please. Working shifts though so don't hold yourselves back for me.
  • Excellent, I'm sure we can find a time or times that suit us all.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yay!

Although, it may only be two player online.

Still, I’ll happily do a few run throughs. I’ve got plenty of characters I’ve not yet completed it with as yet.
  • Ah yes, looks like online co-op is limited to two players. Three and four player co-op is local only.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’re both welcome over to mine.
  • Great.  Gav, I'll pick you up in about three hours.
  • Sound. I'll just tell the patients I'm moving I've got better plans.

(fr tho, you guys crack on)
  • Greedfall, 2003 wants its game back.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Im tempted to buy Star WArs Squadrons on pc. But I have a psvr and getting my ps5 after christmas sometime. IS it worth waiting to pick up the VR version?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • DKC3 on switch online collection. I recall this getting some hate back in the day; from what I've played it seems like the best one.
  • Smash. Cos Sephiroth. The best.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Im tempted to buy Star WArs Squadrons on pc. But I have a psvr and getting my ps5 after christmas sometime. IS it worth waiting to pick up the VR version?

Why sit in front of a small screen when you can play in a cockpit is the question and answer (:

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • indigoDos wrote:
    DKC3 on switch online collection. I recall this getting some hate back in the day; from what I've played it seems like the best one.

I have fond memories of that one, seemed really well put together.

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Im tempted to buy Star WArs Squadrons on pc. But I have a psvr and getting my ps5 after christmas sometime. IS it worth waiting to pick up the VR version?
    Why sit in front of a small screen when you can play in a cockpit is the question and answer (:
    You raise a valid point. However Ill be playing on my 49inch tv and  the game is 13euro on epic. I might not have a ps5 for a couple months (until poxy gamestop can get their act together). Hmmmmmm

EDIT: Im leaving Squadrons till ps5. Instead I bought Control Ultimate Edition for 14 euro. Nice.
  • Djornson wrote:
    @moot_geeza:

https://www.twitch.tv/djornson

cosby is substitute for wookie

Reminder to watch tonight.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bits n bobs when I can get time at the moment.

Cyberpunk
    Is more enjoyable now that I've given up any pretence on a 'roleplaying' adventure and am treating it as a narrative shooter with dialogue choices. My handguns are pretty much headshot makers at the moment. The world and aesthetics remain storming, just wish I got the hook from the narrative. There's enough that I'll see it through over Xmas.

Star Wars Squadrons
    Bought for £11 on Epic. Played 2 missions. That's some starbois. When the sounds and the music kick in it's a rush. I'm sure I'll get the 11 pounds out it even if I don't really do any MP. Although I do wanna try a B Wing because they're stupid.

Super Mario Galaxy
    Had planned to keep this one from the 3D set clear till Christmas and I'm glad I did so. Whilst I replayed G2 about 4 years ago, I haven't touched this one since 07 and it's feeling like playing a new Mario game. Stuff I can barely remember. After seeing 999 moons done in Odyssey in May, and 120 stars done in 64 in October, I'll see this year out with this bad boy.

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Djornson wrote:
    @moot_geeza: https://www.twitch.tv/djornson cosby is substitute for wookie
    Reminder to watch tonight.

Huh? You reminding yourself :)
  • Yep, my memory is ridiculous so I need the assist.
  • Hanging my head slightly at how easily you two breezed the epic back to back climb. It did not go like that for my playthrough.
  • Enjoyed the No Way Out vid chaps, such a wonky belter.  "How does Vincent know this?" for the window tap was toplols.  

Played a few of of my Switch sale purchases.  Quick thoughts on those...

Door Kickers: Action Squad - good once you get used to what it wants, although I am using the shotgun guy which is the easy mode.  Can see this being legit in co-op. 

X-Morph Defence: Took a punt based on the huge discount more than anything else, although the reviews are solid.  Tower defence (eurgh), RTS (ehhh) twin stick shooter (WHEY!) hybrid.  Seems pretty good at what it does so far, nifty enough visuals for a random EShopper too, but if the next session doesn't grab me I'm unlikely to go back.  

The Almost Gone: Another hefty discount.  Slow paced isometric puzzle game that I'm quite enjoying so far, got through chapter one on the way to work.  Shades of Gone Home or Blackwood Crossing, albeit with a very different style of play.  

Also bought Darkwood and The Flame in the Flood to see if I can up my survival game at some point. 

Columbo: Wonderful 101 has won me over too, against my better judgement.  Three chapters in.
  • :) cosby wasn't confident in this back to back climb ability, i had faith in him
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Me and @nina executed it faultlessly, iirc :p
  • Quick update on Call of the Sea.
    On paper, this should be utterly perfect for me. I love the setting, time period, and art style with gameplay possibly in a similar vein to Firewatch. But its not grabbing me at all. Ive no real issues with the gameplay or anything just a few niggles like I dont like the voice of Norah. The actor did a much better job in Firewatch. The game just doesnt grab me. I dont want to keep comparing it to Firewatch, but that grabbed me from the start. 
    Real shame actually.
    Ill finish it, but maybe after Control.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:

Door Kickers: Action Squad - good once you get used to what it wants, although I am using the shotgun guy which is the easy mode.  Can see this being legit in co-op. 

Also bought Darkwood and The Flame in the Flood to see if I can up my survival game at some point. 

Been meaning to try door Kickers. Think it's in my pile o shame on steam. Top down rainbow six/xcom thing yeah?

Darkwood does some things. Scared the shit out of me and the controls are a little unintuitive in spots, but damn, it's got a vibe.

I never finished it, but game flame and flood a reasonable try. A lot to like.
  • Warframe

You heard of Kris kristofferson?

Yeah.

Well I'm Grind Grindoftenson.

(Matty j or meme folks only hope on that niche "joke," yikes)

What a funny old game.

If you put free content on a paid conveyer belt is it still free, or content?

Or something.

Anyway, warframe has been fab fun for me this year.

There is always gonna be a certain feeling at the back of the mind where you want the movement and the shooting etc to be housed in a more curated and polished game, but then you can also just forget that and just jump and dive around like a robot space ninja aiming for style points in your own head against absolute brain-dead cannon fodder and enjoy the ride.

Just about to hit mr14, which is the last rank I need to be able to, in theory, access any weapon in the game. Have well over 20 warframes now, and a cracking selection of weapons. 300+ hrs in, haven't really sniffed proper end game ranks yet. With all my best shit I can kinda hang with level 40 to maybe 60 (and even then, it'd need to be an easy mission type) and the 60-70 stuff I'd limp through even with a squad.

Its a bit fuzzy, but end game sits 80 to 100+ kinda levels, so yeah.... Would need to grind a heck of a lot more.

And I may. Game is very well suited, once you're up and doing stuff, for quickish sessions. You can duck on, do a handful of 5-10 minute missions, do all your mmo crafting and shopping etc in your ship and then stop. Or you can just jump on and do a survival style mode which is technically endless, but realistically folks just do for 20 minutes or until they start dying too much.

I could use bows in this game forever, absolutely one of my all time fav weapons. OP crits and takes the hl2 crossbow shtick of pinning folks to walls to a ridiculous extreme. And I love it.

Runs like a boss on any old pc and on mine is running at rock solid 130+fps with uber shinies all the way up, especially with the new graphix upgrades for the new consoles.

Get Clem!
  • Facewon wrote:
    Been meaning to try door Kickers. Think it's in my pile o shame on steam. Top down rainbow six/xcom thing yeah?

This one isn't that one, mine's a sort of pseudo sequel/spin-off.  Think more tactical Not a Hero/BroForce:

YhawMyDt7p_oJRZrQo8OjfOmWSv7KvtaO0Vcix9o_7peDz6k8G4Dn2tfx0Oz2nmdqhYqUA4JhJx2JX8pMGnnVw8kTgaGemsLAHxoFVIWABJGIVSpbpCWpSmuy921VgZ-zi3v3w1B0jrmmHxUgI7QZUyJ9hKoVjba_l3HwQK05Q25Y_Rv7O81sCtNds-if_60V3Q5qA

The original is supposed to be pretty good though.
  • These types of games can be quite hit and miss, but Sea of Solitude is getting things mostly right so far. Up to chapter 7 and it'll have to shit the bed and smear it around a bit not to end up as a nice little gamepass curio.
  • I enjoyed it and it felt like... a meaningful expression of emotion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!