Currently Playing
  • Started Mafia: Remastered today. Yep, definitely a PS2 era script, at least. Looks lovely though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    @moot_geeza will be delighted to hear I've loaded up Ghost of Tsushima. Fun enough so far, I like the showdowns, early days though judging from the zoomed out map, but so far so good really...
  • I can't play it without a console, don't rush it.
  • I’ve got Immortals on order so it’s good to hear Wookie is enjoying it. In the meantime I’ve been thoroughly into Days Gone. Based on why I’ve played so far, it may well be one of the best PlayStation exclusives of the last gen list. Visually excellent, great setting and fun to play, it hasn’t really put a foot wrong so far. If you’ve got the PS+ Collection, get playing it on PS5.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Immortals Fenyx Rising has made a fantastic first impression on me. Really enjoying it so far. Loving the dialogue and the characterisation of the various gods, Zeus comes across a bit of a dick and it's awesome.

Mines still in the shrink. So many open world games on the go and now have fallen into the Space Engineers hole. Will save for a rainy day, but am looking forward to it.
  • Had a go at a couple of survival titles I bought to try something different. As expected it's not a genre that works for me, but it was worth a go.

The Flame in the Flood. This had a few things going for it, notably the surprisingly good visuals and seemingly strong Americana soundtrack ladelled over the top, but I'm unconvinced by the way it plays. The raft sections in particular felt quite poor to control.

Darkwood. Incredibly fiddly and felt like an m&k game shoehorned onto the Switch, but it's undeniably dripping in atmosphere. Interesting and delightfully unsettling, but not my cup of tea in terms of gameplay.

I'll give both at least another half an hour each to be sure, but it looks like a tenner down the drain at this stage.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Darkwood is worth sticking with if you can get over the survival element but I get it if you give in.
  • Let's start Borderlands 3!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Phogs. If this was a little less flimsy in terms of character weight/visuals critics would be rolling out the Nintendo comparisons. Imaginative and fun for two, it's not world class but it's a damn good time.

Gears Hivebusters. A guns blazing Gears. I'm currently riding
    Spoiler:

So it's not what I was expecting. Lots of things to pick up and shoot, plenty of ammo. Even the robots are fun to take down this time. Enjoying it, I bet this is a riot in co-op.

Also Super Punch-Out. I'm up to Super Macho Man (I think that's his name) and it's easily one of the best 16-bit games I've ever played. I love it.
  • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
    Onto Act 3. This is great and... weird. In a good way. So surreal.

Mass Effect
    Forgot how shit the Mako bits are. I want to go through the story again, enough for me to put up with the somewhat rubbish gameplay. 

Hades
    Still looking for that elusive first clear. Area 3 boss keeps shafting me. So I have a long way to go yet.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nah you've pretty much cracked it if you can beat boss 3
  • I'm playing Maneater as a West Indian Manatee.

It's shaping up to be GOTY this beast you know. Brilliant stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's shaping up to be GOTY this beast you know.

This is reg-level chat for January 5th
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I watched a video of Maneater before considering downloading and it didn't make me want to download it. Looked like it would be fun for 5 minutes.
  • It's definitely not gonna last but what's there is actually really well realised. It's a lovely little game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    It's shaping up to be GOTY this beast you know.

This is reg-level chat for January 5th

I feel seen
  • Doom Eternal - only a couple of hours in but already a bit overwhelmed.  It keeps layering on more and more things you need to do.  I'm struggling to remember which button does what.

Assumed it would just largely be Doom '16 but with a more typical AAA style campaign (IE cutscenes, change ups with platforming levels, levelling up and shit like that).  Hope it clicks I still find it intriguing.

Sakura Wars - AA level JRPG which is a mix of being in a 1950's style Mech combat team and theatre troupe.  The combat is fun, simple action-rpg fare and your robots look amazing, as do your colour coded pilots' outfits.  I find the story to be the kind of thing I'm down for (it's not enough to kill the evil monsters, you have to keep the civilians' morale up by doing plays) but I don't know about the writing.  The humour consists of my good bloke captain accidentally walking into womens' areas of their base and getting caught.  Stuttering, gurning, blushing and shrieking ensues.  This has happened 3 times in the first couple of hours.  Also early impressions of the girlfriend bits seem brutal.  I'm going stag in this game.

Also Rogue Legacy 2 - one of the 967 early access roguelikes on PC.  I liked the first one, this seems fine.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Doom Eternal - only a couple of hours in but already a bit overwhelmed.  It keeps layering on more and more things you need to do.  I'm struggling to remember which button does what. Assumed it would just largely be Doom '16 but with a more typical AAA style campaign (IE cutscenes, change ups with platforming levels, levelling up and shit like that).  Hope it clicks I still find it intriguing.

Nah it sacks the idea of iterating on 16 for making its own thing and it's fucking glorious it it tickles you right.
  • Y'think Eternal will grow in reverence over time? I too bounced quickly, expecting a rerun of '16, but maybe in time I'll forget and go back and bloody love it, and I doubt I'd be the only one.
  • I dunno, a lot of people just plain don't like it for the way it layers lots of stuff to make a twisty web of mechanics you need to be firing off at all times, and yearn for the simplicity. I tried to go back to '16 after Eternal and it just felt empty. I maintain they are two very different games, and I am glad that ID got to make Eternal rather than the safer approach, which would have just been '16 1.5.
  • Hmm. Fair. I'm definitely babyman with it, though I too am glad they at least tried to shake it up.

Still hype for whatever is next from Hugo n crew, a Quake reboot would be class.
  • If an old fart like me can get to grips with the mad genius of Doom Eternal, then you whippersnappers have no excuse.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm surprised all your fingers didn't explode off G
  • Cool should have time to give it a good session on the weekend.  I'll try and embrace it.  I'm playing on Easy mode but sounds like it might be worth turning it back up; you don't REALLY have to use all your skills on Easy and I guess that takes away from how the game should be played.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Does anyone in this joint still competitive fps?

Watched some vids of due process today. Looks pretty fucking cool.

Procedurally generated r6 seige with big emphasis on a planning phase.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Used to play R6S a fair amount, aye - pretty casually though (as casual as that game allows you, that is).

Seen Due Process a fair bit, looks decent. Know they do regular streams and updates and they already seem to have a pretty active community so think the game could do well.
  • My PvP days are over tbh, I like a nice coop or sp time now. I served my time, did my tour etc, will let the youngsters crack on now. Maybe one day I'll dust the old trigger finger off but for now I'm oot.
  • I did play a bit of Warzone last year but that was so sprawling and I felt like I had zero chance of winning that it made me take it in my stride and not really give af about winning or losing.
  • My warframe KD is immense.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Decided to give Demon's Tilt a go, since it was in the PS sale. After a handful of goes it seems to be delivering exactly what I wanted - an updated version of Devil Crash/Dragon's Fury, or pinball for people who aren't necessarily interested in pinball. 

Not much clue what's going on as yet, but working it out is half the fun.

@Moot_Geeza - I assume you've played this. Did you give it much time? Any interest in a high-score challenge?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!