Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Witcher 3 has RT coming next year doesn't it? Wait till then!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    RegDiv would be unstoppable.

Like the end of Tetsuo
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS5:

I bought it because I wanted to see what Ubi would do with old England, but I burnt out long before arriving there. I think it was nigh on ten hours before seeing the title splashscreen that seemed to signify the start of the actual game. It was an astonishingly long front end and bumbling about in the snow again like RDR2 was a bit much but hey.

Looks lovely on PS5 and runs well. Not that pretty close up though. NPC interactions and side quest systems are, as always, laughable - they need a massive overhaul. A quest I picked up early on when arriving in England was to - I kid you not - slow walk a fellow to the top of a hill to a waterfall whilst listening to him waffle, and then jump off. Zero risk of failure or any challenge to complete the quest. Just do it to get the exp. The way they deliver narrative in these open world games needs revamping. The whole thing is archaic and jokey and just makes me shake my head and plough on but it's so boring.

Combat is fairly god awful in many ways. You could play this game blindfolded and get places. It's unexciting, deeply derivative, and lacks any impact. Parrying is whiffy, hit detection bad and general feedback about anything happening during scraps is poor.

I don't see how professional critics can put a number on these games any more.

A newcomer to open world RPG style action games could look at Valhalla and see it as one of the best examples of the medium and they'd probably be right. It doesn't do anything remotely badly but what it does do is so exceptionally average.

I'm finding it overlong and dull. This should probably go in just given up on thread to be fair...
  • Cuphead again. Couldn't resist buying it on Switch for some reason, despite owning it on Xbox. Still, it's lovely to play through it again and it looks magnificent undocked. I really enjoyed it in co-op originally (was quite an undertaking though), but it's a quality solo experience too.

Hopefully the delayed dlc hits Switch at the same time as Xbox.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Deep Rock Galactic.

Fuck me, this is a lot of fun.  Anyone else playing this?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Had a few sessions of Deep Rock Galactic on PC over the last couple of weeks, and yeah it's good. Played Driller and Engineer so far, with a friend running Gunner. 

Had some very cool moments. Hanging from a zipline above a huge cavern and throwing a glowstick into the depths to illuminate a swarm scuttling up the walls towards you. Or being separated from the team and low on ammo when a swarm attacks so I bolt through a tunnel towards them, gnashing mandibles on my heels the entire way. I emerge from the tunnel onto a cliff face some 60ft above the team to see them fighting a desperate last stand, auto-turrets, small-arms, and explosives lighting up the cave and the roiling mass of insectoid aliens out for their blood. Or just that sense of discovery from stumbling upon one of the amazing spaces the game creates, lit up with giant crystals and alive with crawling and flying bugs.

Great stuff.
  • Playing some Sea of Thieves on PC with a group on Saturday nights as well. 

Took on Flameheart's Ghostship fleet for the first time last Saturday, and after an absurdly long fight with us having to loot sunken ships for the supplies to keep fighting, we got it done. Never seen the galleon so beat up afterwards. 

Later on we got sunk by skellies of all things, and as night fell found ourselves in the middle of the ocean, all crowded on the rowboat loaded with loot from the skellie ship. We navigated to an outpost by the lights of civilisation, and as in the real world it had turned midnight it was the birthday of one of our party. Cue a motley round of Happy Birthday on our instruments as we glided into port with the sun rising over the island. 

Best session yet.
  • Also lots of Minecraft. The Badgerland server's feeling a bit quiet though, with just Dante and me in there regularly atm. Would be great to have some of the crew back.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The biggest thumbs up for DRG and SoT. And fucking Minecraft!

Got no time for it at the moment, me and Franny have descended into the rabbit hole of Space Engineers. Just fucking wow. Everything I could have wanted from it.

Here's Franny assembling the mining ship of his dreams in our "base":

qCIXXPh.jpg

Note the incredible cock tease of an eclipse in the background,
    it never quite got there.

And here he is taking his Rover 2.0 out for a spin and getting into a spot of bother:

We don't talk about what happened to Rover 1.0

And just so it seems like I'm not picking on him, here's what happens when you only put forward and vertical boosters on your first ship:

• Subbax wrote:
    Deep Rock Galactic. Fuck me, this is a lot of fun.  Anyone else playing this?

Yeah. Wookie, Cosby and I did it on xbox, good fun, need to go back to it actually! Sparky and somebody else maybe webbins also play it
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    S'me.

Space Engineers is ridiculously good, and I'm kicking myself I didn't get it when it released on console.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Axiom Verge is fucking mint innit. Done about 4 hours on it today and gonna hammer it some more shortly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Eyyyyy
  • Portal 2

Chapter 4. Getting a bit more devious now with bigger rooms. Wonder if I can finish it tomorrow.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • After a standard start, Portal 2 is ruddy awesome now. Love JK Simmons in the cast.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's fully superb, as is the co-op mode.
  • Started death stranding. Lololol. Strong 2020 vibes.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You’ll love it by the end.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Arise, some more. Still not really feeling it. I blame JonB.
  • Yeah,  it left me feeling flat with it too.  It’s really quite short though but I stumbled over the finish line through gritted teeth.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    You’ll love it by the end.

I love it already. So much WTF tho.

Regardless of anything else, Koj and co know how to squeeze absolute amazing fidelity out of tech. Can run it on high specs on my laptop and it's just fucking stunning.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’d say on a facetious level that Unc played it wrong. And on the surface I’m joking, but there is something about taking your time with this that I think is what makes the game. The more I spent in the world the more I appreciated it and eventually came to love it. I recall not being sure at the start, complaining about the UI (Gurt knows), but as I spent more time in the world and helping the world by building the world, the more I enjoyed my time with it.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Arise, some more. Still not really feeling it. I blame JonB.
    Yeah,  it left me feeling flat with it too.  It’s really quite short though but I stumbled over the finish line through gritted teeth.
    :( Boo-urns.
  • What is even happening.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I’d say on a facetious level that Unc played it wrong. And on the surface I’m joking, but there is something about taking your time with this that I think is what makes the game. The more I spent in the world the more I appreciated it and eventually came to love it. I recall not being sure at the start, complaining about the UI (Gurt knows), but as I spent more time in the world and helping the world by building the world, the more I enjoyed my time with it.

I’m talking about Arise and not DS.  Not got round to that yet.
  • There’s playing it wrong and then there’s playing it so wrong you’re actually playing a different game. Speechless.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha I was on the bourbon so apologies for missing that :-D
  • I've just restarted Genshin Impact this morning as I got myself a new shiny phone. It runs so nice and smooth with maximum shiny shiny.

Such a lovely game
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising has made a fantastic first impression on me. Really enjoying it so far. Loving the dialogue and the characterisation of the various gods, Zeus comes across a bit of a dick and it's awesome.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Some genuine laugh out loud moments too which I wasn't expecting

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!