Currently Playing
  • Playing Halo 3 on PC and it's a bit swish at 140 FPS, really makes the slickness of the gameplay stand out.

But fuck me is Cortana just one of the shittest Halo missions ever, I would have much preferred it if it was like a 5 minute cutscene. Dragging the experience down a bit.

ATM I think I'm rating them 2 > 3 > 1, in terms of consistency of overall enjoyment. 2 has some annoying bits but I think every level has some redeeming factor that makes it fun to play through, both 3 and 1 have some bafflingly poor missions, though just the one so far in 3.
  • 2 was such a huge game changer in terms of multiplayer too, everyone was waiting for it. I got broadband for the first time a bit before release and the engineer on the phone was telling me how hyped he was. Until then we had stuff like R6 and a few others, but Halo 2 blew the bloody doors off. Stuff like jacking people from vehicles, blowing tanks up with a grenade in hatch etc, was leagues above anything else.
  • 2 Was a golden era of online shooters for me.. so much fun and so many regular friends playing that you'd rarely end up playing alone.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 2 has a big place in my heart because of how easy it was to get out of the level and how many secret things there were, plus the glitches. If I had the equipment and the wherewithal to record stuff at the time I think I would have been an early 'tuber. I was pretty gutted when 3 turned out to be so locked down with invisible walls in single player and in the multiplayer maps.

Surely everyone knows that doing dumb stuff like trying to fit warthogs through doors and corridors is one of the most fun things in gaming, especially with friends.
  • Bob wrote:
    Nuts and bolts is utter shit

You’re right. It’s a frustrating pile of wank.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    oOo: Ascension (BoneX)

Had my eye on this for a while and it's finally in the sale.

And nnnggg it's nearly great. Very nice concept, looks great, nice and smooth, probably some interesting levels. But it commits a few cardinal sins for the tour of game it is... main nonsense is number of lives or level which (non obviously) flip between "as many as you want" and "one". And in the former, it kinda does you where you die, which can be where something just hit. Which kinda means it might hit you again like straight after you respawn. And then there's instant restart which takes annoyingly long particularly if it's while you're respawning. And then there's the time such starts immediately rather than when you first move. And then there's the analogue controls which somehow don't quite with right particularly when the give today's as you move (or maybe that's just my brain getting muddled...), Particularly when going at full speed which you need to do to get *** on the levels.

So yes, feels "close but no cigar". I'll probably get through it but I'm disappointed. Half price, at least...
  • I got through it but had the same issue with the lives/no lives thing. Also the view felt off on occasion. Was worth doing though, imo.
  • How are you supposed to pronounce oOo?
  • Frank Spencer: Ascension. I'd play that.
  • JonB wrote:
    Frank Spencer: Ascension. I'd play that.

Giggles
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Like Frank Spencer

hehe
  • Discovered this from watching a stream. I'm not normally into these sorts of games but this is a really nice concept and is well executed - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1469280/SuchArt_Creative_Space/

The vid has stuff from the full game which isn't out yet, but the creative space bit is free and is really quite nice to mess around in. You can just chuck paint everywhere with a variety of tools and paint what you like on canvasses and walls, selling your work to get money so you can buy more tools. Some of the blending/washing effects are really nice too, if the price is reasonable I'm going to get the full thing on launch.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Final Fantasy XV (PC)

This is not the game I remember playing on PS4, back in 2016 - it is much better. The difference a high stable framerate and lower input latency can make, I guess.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Unto the end - not for me

Sea Salt - good start, interesting setup story/character wise
  • Little nightmares 2 demo -

Could it be any more Limbo without being sued? Not sure it’s a £25 game and I’m deffo not paying £30’for the first game
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've only played a little bit of Little Nightmares but I really like it. Quite a fan of simple mechanics with aesthetics nowadays.

Loved Limbo as well.
  • Muzzy's got my copy of Little Nightmares on PS4, it's offered in the swapshoppe every now and then but no-one fancies it.  It's good.
  • It was free on Games with Gold recently - may still be
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Muzzy's got my copy of Little Nightmares on PS4, it's offered in the swapshoppe every now and then but no-one fancies it.  It's good.

I know nowt about it but will give it a shot if it's recommended.

• Puzzle platformer, think constrained 3D controls rather than a direct Limbo copy but it's that sort of modern Another World template. Looks lusho too.
  • Nah; Little Nightmares was merely ok.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Old me:

14. Little Nightmares - PS4 

Had my eye on this for a while, was hoping for a stylish Inside type, which is more or less what I got.  It started well, then became a touch irritating by the second section, so I ended my first sitting feeling a bit disappointed.  All is forgiven for the latter half of the game though; sections three onward were pretty classy.  Some of the camera angles don't suit the 3D movement (why tilt the view awkwardly when the character is traversing a thin platform?  It should be user-friendly to get from A to B, not Monkey Ball), and the long-armed blind enemies were a bit of a swing and a miss for me, but overall I've got no qualms about having paid £15.99 for the disc + soundtrack.  If this were digital only I would've waited for a sale, but releasing it as a retail title too reeled me in, so more of this please.  Bundles of atmosphere and the Delicatessen/Inside/Spirited Away/Tim Burton fever dream mish mash of styles ended up working really well.  [7]

Turns out I didn't like it quite as much as a I thought I did. Huh. Sticking with good though.
  • I really liked the visual design of the first one but found it a bit of a pain to play. It didn't always communicate your options very well, leading to a lot of trial and error, and was awkward to control. It also felt needlessly short. I'm still keen to try the second one though, hoping they build on that freaky horror vibe with some more substance and refinement.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    It was free on Games with Gold recently - may still be
    Think it's the first one, but it's still on this month.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I really liked Little Nightmares and didn't ever feel it was tricky to control?  I'm super shit at games though so don't really notice lag and latency and what have you so perhaps that's it.  I've got a digital preorder on the PS store as there was an offer where they'd also give me the first one and all dlc for a fiver a while back, so yeah, i did that.
  • JonB wrote:
    I really liked the visual design of the first one but found it a bit of a pain to play.

It could be for different reasons but I also found this and gave up very quickly.
    Buttons had odd mappings and prompts seemed to take an age to come up. It just pissed me off far too quickly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Telling Lies

So I'm on a bit of a run of FMV games atm after Erica (pretty shit) and Late Shift (hammy but I for some reason enjoyed it). This is more like Her Story in that you're guessing search terms but um yeah atm I'm just trying to figure out wtf in meant to be doing etc. Have hit the vague gist of a couple of people but I don't quite know what the game bit is. It's there a win state? Is it so just for shits and giggles? Hopefully fine will tell. Acting seems underwhelming too tbh, but I didn't give up quite yet... I thought this was meant to be a "good" one after all?
  • I didn’t like it as much as Her Story. No real win state, you just quit, I think. Once you think you’ve seen enough and have put it all together. Unlike Her Story, I don’t think you can tell how much of what there is you have actually seen.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It tells you at the end, I think.

But yeah, it's kind of the point that you get to a stage where you're happy that you've pieced together the story, and then upload it.

And then
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!