ashamed to be a man?
  • Motherboard. Excellent. Really, really, really good. I should have listened to this first.

Very soundtracky like, and a radical departure from the ones I named for sure, but I don't keep up with them.

By far the best of the ones you mentioned. Noted for future reference.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    i fucking hated every single vocodered vocal on homework, complete rubbish

Granted I only know Around the World, but that was about a million times better than the first one here. Wonder what makes us feel so opposite?
  • All is forgiven, motherboard is the best track on the album, highfive
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They're no Air.

Supply.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    It's a funny and slightly unfortunate thing that I'm auto-wary of anyone conventionally hawt (of either gender fyi) who also makes a go of summat in the arts. Practically speaking very few of us can make a living or even be intellectually satisfied just being handsome objects but the number of times I've caught myself immediately thinking "ugh of course you're successful eh" is not a happy number.

DSC_0911_med_large_for-cards2.jpg
    Susan-Greenfield-former-d-001.jpg

In this case I have no problem, because Scott's hairtrigger career is based on very good foundations: years of effort and brains. Any fault lies with TV producers. But then does it? Because the Prof. Cox argument of engaging t'yoot holds strong.

I'm sure I'd feel differently if I was equally qualified and working in a cafe, of course. But ultimately, I like her and it's not her fault. (Ill-advised shoot above notwithstanding.)

I'd also get my tits out for money, so I've no worries with Missus. Connections and nepotism 'fore competence are my bugbears, B. Not so much earning bucks from beauty.
  • Feel like selecting for looks is a kind of nepotism, or at least it irritates me as much.
  • That thing you said last page about "oh you look good so of course" kinda plagues my mind too. Not sure where its roots lie, probs in insecurity here.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Presumebly because it irks you that if you were so inclined to engage in something, you could be disadvantaged even if you're working damn hard at whatever you do, and some pretty young thing comes in and sails past you with no effort because of his perfectly symmetrical features.

I used to get irked by it myself, until it was pointed out to me that intelligence is no less down to the luck of your genes than looks, but intelligence is seen as a virtue and no one gets annoyed with intelligent people getting far in life.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm ashamed that Tempy is a man.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Check her profile page, she's not.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh yeah.  PMing.
  • I'd like to call out Noxy's perceived parallels between paedophilia and homosexuality, seeing as no one else has.
  • surprised and disappointed we've gone this far without a miserable little pile of secrets ref.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    I'd like to call out Noxy's perceived parallels between paedophilia and homosexuality, seeing as no one else has.

Don't be a prick. You know quite well this is an attempt to misrepresent what i was getting at.
  • I'm not making any moral equivalence between the two, rather the way in which society responds to sexual preferences which may arguably be beyond an individual's control. 

Alternatively, you can just carry on with the 'OMG EVIL CHILD FUCKERS' rhetoric.
  • Woah, alright, calm down. I was only calling it out so we could talk about it. Wasn't automatically jumping down your throat.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't think anyone who is rational would think a gay adult male would be more likely to abuse a male child than a straight adult male would be.

Can't speak for how Sun readers would think though.

The adulation for the likes of Errol Flynn who fucked anything that walked or crawled is perhaps a throwback to his time but it endures somewhat.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I don't think anyone who is rational would think a gay adult male would be more likely to abuse a male child than a straight adult male would be.

Perhaps not here. I wouldn't be so sure about the US
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you take the bible literally (as a scarily large number of people in the states do), you lose any claim at being rational.
  • Rationality is over rated. I base my life on assumptions and split second decisions like a real man.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Men are idiots and women are mental.
  • Men are idiots and women are mental.

With potential for overlap.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Would overlap be the euphemism du jour?
  • Just cruise all the way to the overlap.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Presumebly because it irks you that if you were so inclined to engage in something, you could be disadvantaged even if you're working damn hard at whatever you do, and some pretty young thing comes in and sails past you with no effort because of his perfectly symmetrical features.
    I used to get irked by it myself, until it was pointed out to me that intelligence is no less down to the luck of your genes than looks, but intelligence is seen as a virtue and no one gets annoyed with intelligent people getting far in life.

That's not quite true. Good education and hard work can and do overcome this.
  • Although luck's just as much a factor there too
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You can increase knowledge, not intelligence.
  • You're going to have to define intelligence now.
  • Ability to juggle info is how I've tended to treat it. Not so much what you know as how quick you are on the draw. It's definitely trainable/hone-able and class-agnostic but there will be some kind of threshold set by individual biology.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!