Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • Was Robson & Jerome in this episode?
  • Was great in places. 

Loved the opening, liked the sam stuff
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Greyjoy is a reboot Bennett, played by Joshua Jackson.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Was Robson & Jerome in this episode?
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Most people at work seems to hate Ed Sheeran's appearance ('he's just trying to do a Dunkirk'), but Jora's made-you-jump arm was the weakest part of the episode.
  • Loved the episode. Euron getting his digs in at Jamie was rather lovely. He is shaping up to be a right ole bastid.

But what the fuck were they thinking with Ed Cunting Sheeran?
    It was a like a bad Friends cameo. Really out of place. I'm hoping though its a set up for him getting an excruciating death in a future episode.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's who it was! I could not remember who the fuck that arm could belong to.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Also, Hound and bodies:

The dead bodies discovered in the cottage stumbled upon by the Brotherhood Without Banners were characters we met in season four episode three, Breaker Of Chains.
    While travelling as the Hound’s prisoner, Arya spun a sob story to a kindly, devout farmer and his young daughter that the Hound was her widower father who fought for House Tully in the war. They were duly welcomed in for the night and fed. After making a deal to stay and work for the farmer (“fair work for fair wages”), the Hound attacked him and stole his silver, telling Arya it didn’t matter because the pair were weak and would both be dead by winter anyway.
    The Hound’s prediction came true (though admittedly his actions likely played a hefty part in it coming to pass). Him burying the corpses and attempting to say a prayer over their bodies, as the farmer had said over dinner years ago, was therefore an act of atonement on the Hound’s path to redemption.
  • Episode was shit. Dragonstone being an empty house made me do a lol. Aria bring able to change her voice made no sense. Jon blithely forgives the houses who delivered rickon to Ramsey, and killed his direwolf, just like that - no hostages, no penalties. Ed accepts bran because he... told him about a few battles. "Yeah but how do I know you are a stark". 3/10 should please the dumbass fanbase doe
  • I was surprised he didn't insist on hostaging the two kids, seemed like an easy win.

Then I remembered this is Thrones, a show that has never not kinda sucked.
  • Arya cleanly kills all the Frey men, but kindly saves Walder's young wife. Sansa and Jon have some conflict while Littlefinger looks evil in the background. Euron has magicked another huge fleet out of thin air. Dany goes to a scenic, but barren island, because you can feed an army on feels. Jorah has found the teleporter that Varys uses.

This has utterly become the daft fantasy nonsense that it wasn't supposed to be at the start.
  • Always has been.
    Who gives a fuck?
  • I thought he died in season 1?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It has dragons and white walkers in it, and a smoke monster thing that a witch gave birth to, and people that can jump into the minds of animals and men.

Let's not pretend it's ever not been anything but daft.
  • Ah, the old, it's become wank, it was wank all along backlash begins.

Surely Arya was utilising her training by the faceless man thingy?
    The Forum Herald™
  • The answer to all questions/doubts about GoT; "Because magic"

Let's not overthink it.

I enjoyed it - good performances, interesting visuals, daft as fuck as per.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • That was a cracking first episode. Thrones is back and it’s made me happy.

Arya, Sansa & Jon Snow holding plenty of power is brilliant. Jamie Lannister being the realist and admitting they’re fucked was excellent. Euron Greyjoy is the full camp panto baddie, which could be a lot of fun.

Dragonstone is suddenly the most vital spot on the map. Dany and her dragon/barbarian horde are now sitting on the dragonglass mine. Sam needs to tell Jon, Jon needs to go down there, and … then what? Make an alliance with Dany? She’s had visions of winter in the ruins of Kings Landing. She’ll probably believe his tales of the Night King. Tyrion will back him up. There’s an alliance brewing, I reckon.

Sheerangate was fucking embarrassing though. Celebrity cameos do not belong here. Get him to fuck.
  • This show has of course conditioned me to expect any scene where a lone woman approaches armed males to be moments away from a desperate rapestruggle. Only concern for Sheeran brand integrity steered us from disaster here.
  • I half expected Sheeran's character to lead the charge - "I want a cameo but I'm not doing it if I have to be Eoin McLove".
  • If I was Sheeran I would have demanded a gruesome death scene, would be great fun.
    Full Tom Savini guts out cleaved in two on the diagonal, shoulder to hip.
  • He has the wayward eye of serf born to the town drunk.
  • What's next? CGI thriller wacko jacko in the army of the dead?
  • They should pop him in the background tbf.
  • DJ Kat leading the Dothraki into battle.
  • Jeremy Corbyn the new high septum
  • It is a bit disappointing as one of the things I liked about the show is they steered clear of having household names in the show generally.
    Sean Bean being the big exception which they flipped on it's head by killing him off.
    Obviously there has been a handful of other well knows but generally it hasn't ever been "Dave Celebrity's new show" or "the episode where Sally Famous Tits flashes her famous tits".
  • I'm waiting for Jon Snow to reveal he's found some amazing new boots, which have the Nike Swoosh down the side

Or an Under Armour chestpiece
  • I want a flash forward where Jon Snow plays future Jon Snow.
  • It is a bit disappointing as one of the things I liked about the show is they steered clear of having household names in the show generally. Sean Bean being the big exception which they flipped on it's head by killing him off. Obviously there has been a handful of other well knows but generally it hasn't ever been "Dave Celebrity's new show" or "the episode where Sally Famous Tits flashes her famous tits".

Coincidentally, my favourite episode of Sharpe.
  • Eagle is the best Sharpe, it's not a matter to joke about.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!