Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • Eagle gets the nod for the Harper bonding.
  • Brooks wrote:
    3gfImGo.jpg

Srsly this is like the anime Cinty. 

We're in for a rollicker my dudes.

Hahaha, just watched the episode and caught up with this thread. I'm actually not a million miles from that look right now - just too hot for any kinda longsleeve top like that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You're too hot for that top or it's too hot ;-)
  • didn't think the episode was too bad, the Sam stuff after seasons of tedium has gone somewhere and I like the jon/sansa tension. Nothing as bad as this:

Though I think the Aliens Gourman elf grenade catastrophe should have been included
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Also, Hound and bodies: The dead bodies discovered in the cottage stumbled upon by the Brotherhood Without Banners were characters we met in season four episode three, Breaker Of Chains. While travelling as the Hound’s prisoner, Arya spun a sob story to a kindly, devout farmer and his young daughter that the Hound was her widower father who fought for House Tully in the war. They were duly welcomed in for the night and fed. After making a deal to stay and work for the farmer (“fair work for fair wages”), the Hound attacked him and stole his silver, telling Arya it didn’t matter because the pair were weak and would both be dead by winter anyway. The Hound’s prediction came true (though admittedly his actions likely played a hefty part in it coming to pass). Him burying the corpses and attempting to say a prayer over their bodies, as the farmer had said over dinner years ago, was therefore an act of atonement on the Hound’s path to redemption.

Did not like this bit. It's a fucking cold-hearted show sometimes. 

The only problem I had is that Dragonstone was unoccupied. Completely empty. What a load of bollocks! They're so good at writing realpolitik but they had this amazing castle in a particularly good strategic position utterly abandoned. Yeah, bollocks. 

Cracking episode otherwise.
  • Superb start to series 7.  I bloody knew Ayra would say "To kill the Queen...." when Ed Sheeran asked here why she was traveling to Kings Landing.  I almost howled it at the TV in unison.

I personally have no problem with Dragonstone being unoccupied.  It was depicted as something of a ruin when Stannis was there, so it made sense to me.  

Can't believe no one's mentioned the lad from This is England who was in the Ed Sheeran's camp.  Pair of them played the part of typical dumb ass Lannisters wonderfullly.  Fair play to them.  No one complained when Sigur Rós popped up in Joffrey's wedding.  More of this type of thing.

Sam slosh out the chamber pot, serve up the slop, slot back the tombs sequence was epic.

Am I the only one who hoped mad seadog Uncle would get a recasting in series 7 though?, a la Daario Nahari.  This first new outing was hopeful, but he really stunk up the last series with his 'acting'.

It felt like a fan service this opening Ep.  The Hound and his pals back on their road trip (maybe the Hound's fire vision wasn't all that convincing though; but the moment I saw those skeletal remains, I knew who it was), the nod to Brienne and her beau, and all that White Walker jazz (Giant Zombies omg)

Best thing on the telly.  Who needs Summer?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah I was OK with Dragonstone being unoccupied.
    Stannis was borderline exiled there as the black sheep of the Baratheons.
    The dragon glass cave is unknown to all but Sam and some long dead Targaryens.

The Lannisters are stretched thin as was stated heavily in the new map room scene. I can't remember it being stated Dragonstone had a tactical advantage to anyone but Daenarys, possibly because it is a good launch spot for her dragons. It always came across to me as a hostile rock.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I personally have no problem with Dragonstone being unoccupied.  It was depicted as something of a ruin when Stannis was there, so it made sense to me.

Aye, seems fair enough that it's empty considering it holds zero strategic value in the war except to Dany. Also, who's to say a small garrison didn't tab out when they clocked a fucking huge army and three dragons on the horizon? Seems like a strange thing to be hung up on considering what goes on in this show.

Can't believe no one's mentioned the lad from This is England who was in the Ed Sheeran's camp.  Pair of them played the part of typical dumb ass Lannisters wonderfullly.  Fair play to them.  No one complained when Sigur Rós popped up in Joffrey's wedding.  More of this type of thing.

I didn't even know that was a thing. I'd not recognise a Sigur Rosser if I walked past them in the street to be fair.

Sam slosh out the chamber pot, serve up the slop, slot back the tombs sequence was epic.
    It was great.
    Am I the only one who hoped mad seadog Uncle would get a recasting in series 7 though?, a la Daario Nahari.  This first new outing was hopeful, but he really stunk up the last series with his 'acting'.
    Yeah, he's shite.
    It felt like a fan service this opening Ep.  The Hound and his pals back on their road trip (maybe the Hound's fire vision wasn't all that convincing though; but the moment I saw those skeletal remains, I knew who it was), the nod to Brienne and her beau, and all that White Walker jazz (Giant Zombies omg)

Best thing on the telly.  Who needs Summer?

Can't wait for the next episode.
  • It's nowhere near the best thing on the telly, but it's highly entertaining nonsense.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I like This is England lad.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I knew I recognised him but couldn't put my finger on it! Haven't seen him in anything for a while now, I figured there weren't too many delinquent kid roles coming up these days.
  • Good episode. Bit miffed at how easy certain people were bested. 
    There was a girl in the gym today that was the spitting image of a very young Sandsnake mum.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Gotta say, whip seems like a bad weapon choice. She got a few hits in with no damage, needed to too better.

That whole sequence was a little hard to parse. Obviously quite a difficult thing to pull off but another example of some directors having the action knack and others just not.

I don't mind that Sam's sections seem to be becoming the comedy sections but if they keep going each ep I think they'll undermine themselves.

Now that there's more action a less taking it's becoming a bit sillier but it's still entertaining at least! I do look forward to seeing how it all wraps up.

And I wasn't keen on the sigur ros cameo when it came up either but at least they were kind of in the background more.
  • Any way you slice it (in a confusingly executed boat-boarding battle scene) the swearing just isn't great any more, overall.

Let's just get this show over with and we can get on with our lives.
  • Brooks wrote:

Let's just get this show over with and we can get on with our lives.

Where I've been since book 2
  • Hope no one was having pie for dinner.
  • I did slightly enjoy that edit.
  • Another highly enjoyable episode. There seemed to be a lot of references to and links to the very early series (Hotpie!). The ending was good fun and I like the sense of utter chaos and unpredictability that Euron brings.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • So was that her Direwolf? I thought hers was the only one left.
  • I want it to end. Go watch Fargo S3 for good tv.
  • The dialogue is now garbage, painful sometimes. All exposition. I still enjoy around 50% of every episode though. Anything with Dany in is usually pretty tiresome.
  • She's the worst character.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Jon snow has his.

Forgot that, hardly ever see it.
  • I thought it was better this week, it's moving somewhere at least and they seem to be killing off the dud characters. Incoherent action is better than the Ironborn usually get as well.
  • Thought Episode 1 was better but it was still silly yet enjoyable. Biggest complaint was that the boat battle had the clarity and style of a Transformers clash, so it made it difficult to follow what was actually happening.
  • I watch game of thrones just for the Preston jacobs reviews https://youtu.be/5ABRLGMsFIw
  • Goodbye sand snakes, we barely knew you.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Thought Episode 1 was better but it was still silly yet enjoyable. Biggest complaint was that the boat battle had the clarity and style of a Transformers clash, so it made it difficult to follow what was actually happening.

This. There was some Nolan about it, plus it all seemed a bit unlikely. They come out of the fog exactly at them?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Although nathalie emmanuel's tits looked great.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!