The Division
  • Yakuza 6 is definitely next gen, no loading and seamless from streets to interiors.
    Definitely couldnt be done last gen.

• Both bloodborne and Witchery could've been done. Graphical fidelity lost yes, but still could've been done.

There is no next gen.

Quite a few games current gen are 60fps wich improve gameplay and couldnt be done last gen.

Remasters are the best example of this sadly.

• Meh. Hardly next gen. CoD4 was 60fps 8 years ago FFS.
  • Also im sure in an interview miyazaki said becouse of the intricate architecture and aamount of enemys on screen that this couldnt been done on last gen.

There were a lot more he said that ruled it out, but those were the main points that stuck.
  • I'm out, way too much rpg for me and 3rd person shooting gets dull after a while.  The fact that the guns and items are all so ordinary (for an rpg/shooter) also makes me think i would be very unexcited about crafting and upgrades.

The persistent zones and seamless world do sound fantastic but I would prefer it to be 1st person with a higher ceiling of mastery, with a more interesting setting and fun weapons etc.

Considering how much new stuff they are doing that Bungie weren't able to do with Destiny you have to give kudos to Ubi.
    MoesTavern wrote:
    Decent vid by datto introducing the game and it's mechanics:
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • @Digi Yeah but that doesn't really make it 'next gen' does it?

If next gen is just more processing power then maybe.

Sad times.
  • Yeah but that doesn't really make it 'next gen' does it?

If next gen is just more processing power then maybe.

Sad times.

What would make a game next gen then chalice?
    A game that could only be made on current hardware but not on last generation hardware should be a qualifying submission surely?
  • Next gen in my eyes is something that breaks the mould of all that has come before. Something none of us could see coming.

Something like Mario 64 or Halo. True next gen experiences. Not more polygons, textures and enemies on screen.

Something revolutionary. Next/current gen is a fucking joke full of third rate sequels and trash third person shooters at the minute.

Not that I'm allowed to say so on here without Sparky getting his knickers in a twist mind.

• I think sparko's remarks were that you were reducing a game to one mechanic, rather than assessing the game as a whole.

Not that i care either way :)

Anyway, from what i've seen, The Division is very much next gen.  Nothing to do with the melding of rpg and 3rd person shooter, more the seamless blending of pie and pvp.  Imagine you're able to walk from the Vault of Glass in destiny straight out to a Crucible game in progress just outside.  Might work, might not, but it's pretty swank no?
  • something that isnt just pressing certain buttons at specific times to make something happen on screen.
  • next gen should not involve any moving from point A to point B.
  • Billy wrote:
    Anyway, from what i've seen, The Division is very much next gen.  Nothing to do with the melding of rpg and 3rd person shooter, more the seamless blending of pie and pvp.  Imagine you're able to walk from the Vault of Glass in destiny straight out to a Crucible game in progress just outside.  Might work, might not, but it's pretty swank no?

Um, yeah swank if you like doing nothing but popping out from behind cover and shooting boring men. I've seen literally nothing else but that. I'm talking actual gameplay here, not tinkering around in fucking menus fiddling with upgrades and shit. Proper gameplay.

From the looks of this you'll be doing what we've all done a million times before for hours on end. I appreciate the seamless online thing, but the rest of it looks so by the numbers it's silly.

• no, that's not what i said looked pretty swank.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Lots of heated opinions in here. Hopefully, for those looking forward to it, the game is good. But I dunno, got a sneaking feeling...
  • Fans need not worry, getting poopooed by ozno pre-release is the first step to videogame success
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    VIDEOGAMES
  • LOVE THOSE VIDEOS THAT BE GAMES

ayearhaspassed.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    BILLY AND JIMMY SECRET NUMBERS GAME
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    BILLY IS A HEALER CLASS
  • Billy wrote:
    LOVE THOSE VIDEOS THAT BE GAMES

ayearhaspassed.jpg

Either Jimmy is holding the head of bimmy's massive phallus, or I need to see a shrink
  • THE NAME IS BIMMY DUDE WTAF 

NOW HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP
  • Billy wrote:
     Imagine you're able to walk from the Vault of Glass in destiny straight out to a Crucible game in progress just outside.  Might work, might not, but it's pretty swank no?

The very thing that also was shown in the original Destiny E3 gameplay footage that was cut from the final game? I hope Ubisoft can make it work where Bungie failed.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You're gonna see Billy with a lead pipe and walk over to him and he'll tell you a story of where he got that lead pipe
  • He got that lead pipe grinding rats in the sewer for 10 hours. It has a unique skin compared to the normal lead pipe, but the stats are the same.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • After Billy grinds out hoodies with the lead pipe for 12 hot zones worth of low tier loot he is rewarded with a roast dinner behind a dumpster.
  • Nice man, that 5% passive XP boost for the next 2 hours is gonna be suhweeeeet.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Billy wrote:
     Imagine you're able to walk from the Vault of Glass in destiny straight out to a Crucible game in progress just outside.  Might work, might not, but it's pretty swank no?
    The very thing that also was shown in the original Destiny E3 gameplay footage that was cut from the final game? I hope Ubisoft can make it work where Bungie failed.

To be fair, it wasn't so much they failed as were held back by having to accommodate older gen tech in the Xbox 360 and PS3.
  • Billy does star jumps.
  • damn it haak, outta the way I'm dancing with these rogues in the dark zone.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    He can pay £4.99 for a ZOOM COLA which gives him 4 hours of XP boost

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!