The Division
  • Playing now. 

Cover mechanic is pretty damn good. Graphics are extremely detailed with a HUGE amount of things onscreen at any one time. Lighting is a little uninspiring tho. I'll reserve judgement on that until a little later - give it a chance to change things up. 

It's little buggy in the incidentals, like shooting a police cars siren and the section next to the one you shot breaks!

But that's meh.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I have this downloaded and am looking forward to giving it a go later tonight.  The dark zone stuff sounds like it could be a really interesting mechanic if they manage to implement it correctly.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Billy wrote:
    Winner gets roast dinner XP boost

I'll have a slice of that.
  • Ok, just done the first mission with a random. 
    Worked really well, walk up to mission press matchmake, it finds a guy/guys, you press ok. It the loads an instance together and off you go. 
    Mission was simple but good. 
    Shooting is solid, guns spray a hell of a lot if you hold the trigger down, burst fire is the best. I guess weapon mods will change all that up. 

Apart from the matchmaking load I've had no others so far. The game uses transitions and corridors between areas as the load. 

Indoor lighting is waaaaay better than outdoor but then I just left a mission area and it was snowing and it looked pretty good. 

It's too early to say but after one mission team awesome will like this I think.
  • Oh ok. Nice. 
    You start the game with 3 skills - scan, sticky bomb and shield. You can select any of them to be active at any time.
  • Should I get a beta code if I have pre-ordered from anywhere? In this case Games Collection.
  • Wish I'd got a code now.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Wish I'd got a code now.

Pre-order fron store,
    Download beta,
    Cancel pre-order.
  • OoOoh. The Dark Zone is going to be very interesting. 
    You wander around killing AI but there are also other players (obviously). 
    When you have kit you need to send home, you go to an extraction point and call in the chopper. You then have over a minute to wait. EVERYONE else can see the choppers location so other players come to add their loot to the chopper or steal yours. There's a weird uneasy standoff as the the chopper arrives. No one knows who going to shoot or at all. 

If you are in a team it will be less dodgy but solo is a bit nerve jangling.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    OoOoh. The Dark Zone is going to be very interesting.  You wander around killing AI but there are also other players (obviously).  When you have kit you need to send home, you go to an extraction point and call in the chopper. You then have over a minute to wait. EVERYONE else can see the choppers location so other players come to add their loot to the chopper or steal yours. There's a weird uneasy standoff as the the chopper arrives. No one knows who going to shoot or at all.  If you are in a team it will be less dodgy but solo is a bit nerve jangling.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Are there different classes Panty? So someone could be a healer/medic etc?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Been hearing great things about the Darkzone Mexican stand-off.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    OoOoh. The Dark Zone is going to be very interesting. 
    You wander around killing AI but there are also other players (obviously). 
    When you have kit you need to send home, you go to an extraction point and call in the chopper. You then have over a minute to wait. EVERYONE else can see the choppers location so other players come to add their loot to the chopper or steal yours. There's a weird uneasy standoff as the the chopper arrives. No one knows who going to shoot or at all. 

If you are in a team it will be less dodgy but solo is a bit nerve jangling.

When you betray team mates you get a wanted level, but fuck knows what that means
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • There are no classes as such. But you do start with one of each skill. 
    I.e. Medic, grenadier and tank. 
    You can switch to whatever skill you want or have when you want. So you can be a grenadier medic. Or an tank medic. 
    Choosing one tree to buy skills in doesn't stop you buying skills in the other tree. 

Yes in the DZ when you open fire on agents you go 'rogue' EVERYONE can see you on the map and in the game. So far, everyone has wailed on the rogues.
  • "grenadier" :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tank you say? Don't 'spose there's any aggro mechanics like WoW?
  • Skondo wrote:
    Should I get a beta code if I have pre-ordered from anywhere? In this case Games Collection.

I'll answer my own question then. No is the answer. Kept order with Games Collection as it's currently the cheapest also ordered from Amazon, redeemed code and then cancelled order.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Glad I could help.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    ... Yes in the DZ when you open fire on agents you go 'rogue' EVERYONE can see you on the map and in the game. So far, everyone has wailed on the rogues.
    Ahaha, that's a pretty cool idea!
    I can imagine once there's some really high level players in this they'll end up as fairly legendary rogues. "Omar comin' yo!"
  • The DZ is kinda creepy. 
    You are wandering around and then from behind a car or something an agent appears (you don't show up unless seen or aimed at). 
    You stop and kinda size each other up... It's a bit nervous. Will someone open fire?
    They wave at you and you sigh with relief and off you go. 

When there's a group it's like a load of cats sizing each other up.
  • They got the idea from dayZ and made it into a regimented mechanic. Will see if it works.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Tank you say? Don't 'spose there's any aggro mechanics like WoW?
    There might be. 
    There are permanent perks that aren't in the BETA and some weapon mods lower your AI threat level - like a suppressor. 

The tank is the shield guy. Later skills look like a mobile shield and erect anywhere cover to hide behind. 

The grenadier is well nifty, their tree (well column) has sentry guns and seeker grenades. 

Quite a lot of stuff is walled off, both in the world and in your upgrades trees. But there is a sizeable chunk of New York to play in. 

I love my shotgun btw. It's decent over range and stops lower level guys in one shot close up. It's lovely.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I dream of the day when there's a WoW mechanic in a console game. Tank taking the aggro, healer....healing, someone on crowd control etc. Would work in this I reckon.
  • Is there proximity voice chat in the DZ?
  • I think, if you can get your loot onto the choppers rope before getting killed it still extracts and can't be stolen.
  • Nexx wrote:
    Is there proximity voice chat in the DZ?
    Yes. 

I was waiting for a chopper and a few guys turned up. One said 'Pantyfire we are friendly' over his mic. 

I've tried recording a couple of vids but they don't seem to be uploading externally. It does say on the loading screen that the DVR should work.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I dream of the day when there's a WoW mechanic in a console game. Tank taking the aggro, healer....healing, someone on crowd control etc. Would work in this I reckon.

That's a good way to think of it. I hope I can get over the fact that I can shoot a guy in the head three times and not kill him, as all this sounds very encouraging. Just got to accept that it's not a shooter first and foremost.
  • Yeah but it's shit
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!