Xbox One
  • Just played through the first GP in Hotshot.  Won the first and last races, got violently punched in the fuck by the AI in the middle two.  It's quite aggressive, which is a bit off-putting when you're trying to maintain a slide to build boost.  I like the Mario Kart throwback/ripoff for boost starts, although with the rubber-banding mentioned by others it's pretty much worthless.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Do any of you folk do XBox quests/rewards.  I've basically nailed it now so I get a tenner of store credit a month (or enough to buy another month's Ultimate, ad infinitum...).  Basic path is:
    - log onto https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/ daily, do the three things at the top, and whatever's at the bottom.  about 100 points a day
    - play a gamepass game and log into the reward app on phone and xbox as many days as poss.  Not always that many points of itself, but there's normally other 100 point links in the rewards each week, and it earns quests
    - check the weekly quests, which sometimes steer towards specific games (some of which appeal more than others); sometimes Rewards has other stuff on top (e.g. get 250 points for a Tell Me Why cheevo this week, say)
    - whenever you get an Achievement, do the 50 point thing in the reward app on bone (max once per day)
    - use bing as search on mobile
    - (you can also use it on windows but I run a script instead)
    - keep combos going for weekly bonuses of various sorts

Takes a smidge of remembering but very low overhead.  I tend to get an average of about 400 points a day, so 12000 a month, which is a decent redemption amount.

But yes, I guess I've sold my soul.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sounds like you’d enjoy Animal Crossing.
  • Yeah I try my best to keep on top of it all. Wouldn't mind a tenner off the new fifa pre order.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I wondered what the point of the rewards thing was. That sounds too much like work to me
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You can do a subset, obvs. Just takes longer to earn ya cash.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Worth checking if you've got some accidentally. And like if you're buying a new game digitally, eg Tony hawk had like £4 of rewards of you buy it.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Worth checking if you've got some accidentally. And like if you're buying a new game digitally, eg Tony hawk had like £4 of rewards of you buy it.
    Yeah the eligibility dates fell right after I purchased my pre order so I couldn't get the bonus points. Fucking bealing after that.

My brother told me the similar one for UFC 4 actually accepted those who downloaded it for the EA Access trial. Again, missed that. Missed about a tenners worth of points due to fuckery this month.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Glad it's not just me who's sold their soul o/
  • b0r1s wrote:

Ha!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Ha!

Was going to lol this too.  

I got sucked deep into Spiritfarer today.  I can't handle daily chore gaming in Animal Crossing but there's something about this one that's hooked me.  I've played about 15hrs with my daughter since it came out, but today was my first 'I'm just going to get a few things done while you're out' session and I GOT SO MUCH DONE.  The closing paragraph in the Edge review was great but their [6] doesn't sit right with me, it's a really nice game when you get in the groove, I reckon the reviewer needed to play it with a 6yr old that wakes up and talks about having nice Spiritfarer dreams.
  • I got a couple of hours in before getting pretty bored.
  • Repeating a mundane routine is boring, it's not why I play games and - forklifts aside - never has been really, but it's got me. Not for everyone though; if you played two hours the whole thing is pretty much that on repeat for up to thirty, but with more chores.
  • Been away from rewards for a while but checked today and I'd enough for a fiver with a few left over. Just went through it and mopped up enough points for another fiver so that's €10 off the Avengers game.

Can you share your script again please Muzzy and I'll try get back into it. Free Gamepass seems reasonable.

Does anyone ever actually win the sweepstakes or are they a con?!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Ive just started turning in quests and shit for rewards points. Just spent 10 minutes on the rewards page on my pc and earnt lots of points for clicking on a few simple surveys. A free tenner a month for games? yea why not.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I never bother with the sweepstakes, I think the odds are really bad vs. redeeming.

Sciprt is below.  I have a slight variant on it for on my home PC - so shout if this doesn't work.  Think you need Python installed...

Edit - actually this URL needs changing, give me a mo
    Edit2 - now fixed
    # Imports
    import os
    import random
    import urllib3

from datetime import date, datetime
    from subprocess import check_output
    from time import sleep

# File names and URLs
    WORDLIST_FILENAME = "wordlist.txt"
    WORDLIST_URL = "https://positronicarts.com/static/wordlist.txt";
    TIMESTAMP_FILENAME = "last.ran"

# Only run once per day
    if os.path.isfile(TIMESTAMP_FILENAME) and \
       datetime.fromtimestamp(os.path.getmtime(TIMESTAMP_FILENAME)).date()  == date.today():
        exit(0)

# Download the word list if we don't already have it
    if not os.path.isfile(WORDLIST_FILENAME):
        http = urllib3.PoolManager()
        response = http.request("GET", WORDLIST_URL)
        print(response.status)
        f = open(WORDLIST_FILENAME, "w+")
        f.write(response.data.decode("utf-8"))

# Read the word list, and then query random words from it (at randomly spaced time intervals)
    words = list(open(WORDLIST_FILENAME))
    for ii in range(35):
        search_term = random.choice(words)
        while not search_term or len(search_term) < 3:
        check_output("start microsoft-edge://bing.com/search?q={}".format(search_term), shell=True)
        sleep(random.randint(1, 500)/100)

# Kill Edge
    os.system("taskkill /F /IM MicrosoftEdge.exe /T")

# Make sure we don't run again today
    open(TIMESTAMP_FILENAME, 'a').close()

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    OK here's the other script - I'll fix the URL above...
    # Imports
    import os
    import random
    import urllib3

from datetime import date, datetime
    from subprocess import check_output
    from time import sleep

# File names and URLs
    WORDLIST_FILENAME = "wordlist.txt"
    WORDLIST_URL = "https://positronicarts.com/static/wordlist.txt";
    TIMESTAMP_FILENAME = "last.ran"

# Only run once per day
    if os.path.isfile(TIMESTAMP_FILENAME) and \
    datetime.fromtimestamp(os.path.getmtime(TIMESTAMP_FILENAME)).date() == date.today():
        exit(0)
        pass

# Download the word list if we don't already have it
    if not os.path.isfile(WORDLIST_FILENAME):
        http = urllib3.PoolManager()
        response = http.request("GET", WORDLIST_URL)
        print(response.status)
        f = open(WORDLIST_FILENAME, "w+")
        f.write(response.data.decode("utf-8"))

# Read the word list, and then query random words from it (at randomly spaced time intervals)
    words = list(open(WORDLIST_FILENAME))
    try:
     for ii in range(35):
        while not search_term or len(search_term) < 3:
        print("About to search {}".format(search_term.strip()))
        try:
          check_output("\"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe\" https://bing.com/search?q={}".format(search_term), shell=True, timeout=1)
        except TimeoutException:
          pass

sleep(random.randint(1, 500)/100)
    except Exception as e:
     print(e)

sleep(10)

# Kill Edge
    os.system("taskkill /F /IM MicrosoftEdge.exe /T")

# Make sure we don't run again today
    open(TIMESTAMP_FILENAME, 'a').close()

• I’ve not been able to take part in Rewards for a year or so now. Says I’m not part of the UK now as I’m in the IOM. Looked to download a free proxy app to maybe get some free dosh to use against Crysis on Friday but got bored looking for a free one.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Punishment for living near Bob
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Punishment for living near Bob

vWxqIv.gif
  • Thanks Muzz.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Just spent 10 minutes opening a few different game pass games and turning in the related "quests" and I've earned enough points for a £5 MS voucher.
    Winner!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ten minutes of turning shite in instead of valuable gaming time? Nah thanks. That rewards bollocks is a load of shit. £5 to spend on what? You've got Gamepass there already FFS - too much too get through lol.
  • There's usually a few check out this game or video that are completed by hitting A and then straight back out with B. Easy points.
  • I just chop in what I earn playing how I would anyway. That for me is good for probably 1 month of Ultimate a year.
  • I've never bothered with any of it. Nonsense distraction for fuck all. Like fucking Starbucks points.
  • I'll take your mynintendo points then, if you have any.
  • The gamification of my gaming time is quite depressing really. All I really do is grind levels on Fortnite for the kids and now this. :(
  • It's a quick 10 minutes whilst I was listening to audible last night. Got enough for a month of GamePass Ultimate or a fiver voucher. Still got a few quests to do tonight to compete the monthly list, will save some of the vouchers for the next sale and pick up something fun
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I got Isaac and Control for free this year I think. And something else. For like a min or two a day I guess.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!