Xbox One
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Excellent. Now I just need someone crotchety to act as a foil to your exuberance and the strim will be complete.

Like our own buddy cop movie
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Is Jedi Fallen Order playable on a base Bone? I've read a few things about performance issues. Also, it looks a bit Uncharted from the trailers but I've read that it's more Dark Souls. Is it brutal backtracking rather than straightforward jumps 'n guns then?
  • Good idea, i'd love to play this way out thing. Not sure if i'm grumpy enough though and no idea how to stream :D
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is Jedi Fallen Order playable on a base Bone? I've read a few things about performance issues. Also, it looks a bit Uncharted from the trailers but I've read that it's more Dark Souls. Is it brutal backtracking rather than straightforward jumps 'n guns then?

It ran fine for me on the one x, not sure how it fared on the original box though.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Good idea, i'd love to play this way out thing. Not sure if i'm grumpy enough though and no idea how to stream :D
    You can be Murtagh to my Riggs
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Shame if you can't stream but go go go. It's the best worst game ever.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is Jedi Fallen Order playable on a base Bone? I've read a few things about performance issues. Also, it looks a bit Uncharted from the trailers but I've read that it's more Dark Souls. Is it brutal backtracking rather than straightforward jumps 'n guns then?

It ran fine for me on the one x, not sure how it fared on the original box though.

Thanks, I've installed it on the One S but I may wait for the next gen bump - I read that the Bone S version is the worst of the last gen (with One X coming top). I've started The Madolorian and I suddenly fancy it. Plus it's free.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Thanks, I've installed it on the One S but I may wait for the next gen bump - I read that the Bone S version is the worst of the last gen (with One X coming top). I've started The Madolorian and I suddenly fancy it. Plus it's free.

I’ve been playing it for the past two days on a base bone.
    I had a glitch in the prologue that I think was down to starting while it wasn’t completely downloaded.
    I have had some wtf geometry pop-in as I’m walking around. But that also seemed to stop.
    But then I got to Kashyyk today and holy fuck it was a mess. Cutscenes audio going out of sink with the characters. Characters popping in out of thin air in cutscenes. Absolutely horrendous pauses and loading is levels while walking towards a door or something. The last being something that never happened until Kashyyk.
    And related to Kashyyk... The Wookies. Holy shit the Wookies are laughable. PS1 era laughable.

It’s odd because it obviously has had a lot of care and effort spent on it by certain dev depts. walking up the ramp of the ship, accessing the starmap, selecting the planet you want to travel to, then walking to the cockpit and watching the ship take-off, transition to space and make the jump is seamless, immersive and impressive.
    But then in areas where it really counts, like the combat, it all falls down.
    Boring, derivative and hampered by animations it’s no Demons Souls and I don’t even like Demons Souls combat.
    I’m three planets in now. I have a Jedi power for every spare button so I doubt there’s any left to gain and I sigh every time I get staggered by a base trooper or whiff a force push only to get hit through the animation. I dumped the difficulty down to easy as, in my opinion, the combat just isn’t good enough to warrant trying to play it on any kind of challenging difficulty.
    It’s not a thrilling game of chess and weak points and it’s not Devil May Cry either.
    A swing and a miss.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah it is entirely possible to play through on One S but there are real issues. My Series S has given it the brute force needed to overcome the performance issues.

There is no fixing those wookies though, thats just a job done bad.

On the left is a Battlefront 2 wookie (Chewy but the other look about the same) and the right Fallen Order. If they were flipped I could maybe understand given that BF2 supports 40 players.
    Wookies.jpg
  • I'll uninstall for now it but still fancy playing it on easy at some point I think. Looking forward to the wookies.
  • It is an ok game carried by Star Wars. I think it is probably best waiting for a next gen console.
    I bought it day one, played about half then made the decision to trade and wait for next gen.

Paid off given Gamepass.
  • I've had the full gamut - plus several game breaking glitches and all sorts of janky nonsense running on my shiny new S, but it's got heart, I'll give it that. I'm enjoying it tbh. The windy poncho thing was with me for hours.

Turns out restarting your game once in a while helps, quick resume is clearly a bit iffy currently...

https://twitter.com/stonechalice/status/1327662624989990912?s=19
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I posted it when it was first announced, but it is a fine game that sometimes veers into very good. The wookies are amazing comedy.
  • I think they used the 1978 figure for reference.
  • I've also been playing Unravel 2 with my daughter. Really nice co-op puzzley type game, with some nice mechanics for working together. Also cool how one character can jump on the other's back, effectively allowing one player to get through any tricky jumping sequences that may frustrate younger gamers etc...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Unravel 2 is one of the games I always like to see people enjoying on here.  Definitely a current gen co-op highlight.
  • no you can play single player, but you will need to toggle between the two characters
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Unravel 2 is one of the games I always like to see people enjoying on here.  Definitely a current gen co-op highlight.
    I played through it with my son and we had a great time.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Cheers for the Unravel 2 shout folks, had a blast playing through the tutorial with the boy yesterday!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Please please please can two of you play A Way Out and stream your adventure.

@Moot_Geeza - wookie and i are hoping to start 2moro (well, today, technically) sometime after 9. i think i figured out how to stream to Twitch, not tested comms yet. I think i set Twitch to keep it for a few days afterwards as well.
  • Excellent, will defo tune in.
  • so reading all the next gen chatter about hdmi 2.1, and i noticed that apparently the one X has been patched to support it too at some point. my TV has 2.1 hdmi, but i'm just using the 'high speed' hdmi lead that came with the console. Looking in the setttings though, and it shows the VRR is ticked...does this mean i don't need a 2.1 hdmi lead, or is there likely to be improvements for the one X that would make it worthwhile?
    the only option that doesn't seem available to me is setting the system to 4k 120Hz, but i don't think my TV supports that anyway (LG OLEDB9)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've got a spare 2.1 lead if you need one
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Think everyone has after Boris made us all buy one.
  • I've got a spare 2.1 lead if you need one
    Cheers for the offer, but prob less hassle for us both if i just grab one off amazon for a tenner. Always good to keep a spare anyway! ;)
    was more curious if i really needed one for the VRR stuff to work but assume the option wouldn't be there if it didn't work already?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty sure that the XOX had HDMI 2.1 from launch and that the cable that came with it is HDMI 2.1.
  • ah well, that might explain if it's already on! ;)
    cable just says 'high speed hdmi'...i thought it was 'ultra high speed' for hdmi 2.1?
  • Ultra mega fast extra turbo dragon punch speed is required I'm afraid.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!