Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Having never really played one I think I jumped in at the right time.
  • Aye, if you’ve never played one before sounds like this is the best one to go for right now. I’ll defo pick it up in future, will see how much it is once I get a 4K TV. That might be as soon as next week, or it might be further down the line once we have redocorated the house. Depends on when the wife wants to treat me. :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 10GB update for Dishonored 2. At first, I didn’t realise the size. After ages, I come back and see it’s stoll downloading and wonder what the fuck could make the update 10GB. Then I realise... it’s X enhanced! WOOT!!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Reviews suggest it’s same as before in structure and gameplay etc but a little better.

I've played quite a few and this is the best by far . A lot more streamlined and better for it
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Think I'm going to pick up Wolfenstein in the sale, that's a damn good price for a recent release.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It’ll be £10 before long.
  • I was so tempted.

I’m very tempted but I’ve so many games and barely any time to play so it’s surely a waste of money
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Might have to PULL THE TRIGGER on that Sniper game if it's the one I think it is.

It wasn't the one I thought it was. Fucking hell.

It's quite crap really. After the morbid glee of X-ray gonad/eyeball popping has worn off, there's not much to it. I'd have thought you'd be in situations where you'd expect to find a sniper, not working through bases like the bog standard lone soldier from every other shooter ever.

Think I'm giving up at Halfaya pass, a close quarters tight map which isn't the type of thing you want to play when you buy this game. I'm really missing stuff like going wherever I want from BotW, taking on situations as I see fit. I can climb over head high stuff when the game allows but there are waist high walls which are insurmountable even though they lead to a fantastic vantage point of the whole map. The game instead wants to funnel you down a series of corridors where the relocate mechanic sees you back track after ever kill. Boring stuff.
  • Is that Sniper Elite 4?  I've been considering giving it a go.  Co-op is supposedly pretty nifty.

Checked out the Bone sale last night, some unexpected hefty discounts.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No, 3, I fucked it. 4 is supposed to be much better, I'll give that a go but I'm done with 3.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    I'd already upgraded to the X and on my 1080p set you could see some difference for sure.

That TV died this morning so we went and got a Sony Bravia KD49XE8077 from Currys (£709 down from £929). We had planned on an OLED next year but couldn't afford that right now.

Good news is this thing does HDR10.

D5ABE8F5-98C3-400F-BE9B-9F4B118E5199_zpss84a02lu.jpg

Tried Halo 5 in HDR and holy fucktits, the difference is INCREDIBLE. Absolutely frikking stunning.

• Awesome news Nana, glad you’re seeing and liking the difference, it is striking. H5 is a great example because of Halo’s colour palette.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gimme some skin Nana. Been saying the telly makes the real difference and not the Bones for months.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • My new telly should be with me in a couple of days. Sony Bravia KD-49XE9005, £1049 with a free £200 sound bar. First new telly in 10 years and I can't bloody wait.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Gimme some skin Nana. Been saying the telly makes the real difference and not the bones for months.

The X defo made a difference on my old 1080p for sure, but HDR, fuuuuuuuckkkkkk!

4k was noticeable again in this new set. But HDR is quite something, like a huge upgrade. Made the TV very, very worth it.

• wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    My new telly should be with me in a couple of days. Sony Bravia KD-49XE9005, £1049 with a free £200 sound bar. First new telly in 10 years and I can't bloody wait.

Mines a 49 too but Im guessing a slightly cheaper/downgraded version of what you have ordered.

On mine every tick box is checked on the XBX (as pic above) and as I say the picture is amazing. Based on that I'd say your in for a treat!

Took a bit of fiddling with the settings and on mine although it says auto detect for HDR, I found I needed to select it manually. I suspect your menus will be identical to mine so if you get stuck feel free to holler.

Whatever you do make sure that HDR10 is on because thats what really makes the biggest impact.

• Webbins wrote:
    My new telly should be with me in a couple of days. Sony Bravia KD-49XE9005, £1049 with a free £200 sound bar. First new telly in 10 years and I can't bloody wait.

Great led tv buddy. Currys deal btw?

PSN - minkymu
  • Webbins wrote:

Mines a 49 too but Im guessing a slightly cheaper/downgraded version of what you have ordered.

On mine every tick box is checked on the XBX (as pic above) and as I say the picture is amazing. Based on that I'd say your in for a treat!

Took a bit of fiddling with the settings and on mine although it says auto detect for HDR, I found I needed to select it manually. I suspect your menus will be identical to mine so if you get stuck feel free to holler.

Whatever you do make sure that HDR10 is on because thats what really makes the biggest impact.

Wondernarna yours is edge lit the 9005 is backlit

PSN - minkymu
  • Cheers Nana, yeah the What Hifi review said it takes a bit of time to set it up but it's bang on when you do. The usual rule of thumb with these tellies is to turn off all the bells and whistles like noise reduction, motion smoothing and all that jazz and let the HDR shine through. There's a decent set up guide at AVForums I'll have to dig out.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Webbins wrote:

Great led tv buddy. Currys deal btw?

BestAVDeals.co.uk, had £100 off which was code on their site. The sound bar offer is a Sony promo ending tomorrow, Sony 5 year guarantee too. Never heard of the site before but they are kosher and their comms have been really good.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Cheers Nana, yeah the What Hifi review said it takes a bit of time to set it up but it's bang on when you do. The usual rule of thumb with these tellies is to turn off all the bells and whistles like noise reduction, motion smoothing and all that jazz and let the HDR shine through. There's a decent set up guide at AVForums I'll have to dig out.

Yeah that would be cool, cheers!

• wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Webbins wrote:

Wondernarna yours is edge lit the 9005 is backlit

Ah, tbh I wouldn't have a clue what difference that makes.

Cracking pic though, well happy for the price.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If anyone fancies something a little different (and cheap) me and Elliot have been playing through Human Fall Flat and it's really great fun. Physics based puzzler, brilliant in co-op, and only £4.80 in the sale. You control your body similarly to Octodad, each arm separately. Makes for some very amusing situations.

Pea Family recommended.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Cheers Nana, yeah the What Hifi review said it takes a bit of time to set it up but it's bang on when you do. The usual rule of thumb with these tellies is to turn off all the bells and whistles like noise reduction, motion smoothing and all that jazz and let the HDR shine through. There's a decent set up guide at AVForums I'll have to dig out.

Yeah that would be cool, cheers!

Here you go, Picture Perfect guide. It's a few years old now but I think the principles are the same.

https://www.avforums.com/PicturePerfect/
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Cheers Webbo.
  • You know there’s men who come and sort your tellies don’t you? I was quoted £300 for him to come and fully calibrate it from menus most of us have no clue about. Apparently (and especially on high end sets) the difference can be night and day. £300 quid though, so I declined. I mean that’s four pairs of slippers where I come from.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    If anyone fancies something a little different (and cheap) me and Elliot have been playing through Human Fall Flat and it's really great fun. Physics based puzzler, brilliant in co-op, and only £4.80 in the sale. You control your body similarly to Octodad, each arm separately. Makes for some very amusing situations.

Pea Family recommended.

Aye, watched some videos and it looks fun, me and Nate should get a fiver out of it anyway.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Anyway, the difference between 1080p and 4k is night and day, HDR vs no HDR is night and day, xbone to XOX on your bog standard HD telly is night and day and now changing a few settings on your new TV is also night and day. As it stands, I think I'm about a week behind you lot. Have fun gents.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!