FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Frantic says it's showing as available to install for him even though he's sure he never bought the DLC.

I didn't even know a remaster was coming so this is all top news for me.

I mean, I may have bought the dlc. I've slept a number of times since September 2012.

Sooooo, because I've been bored for the last hour at work I have decided to investigate. I've trawled through my order history and found a purchase on the date that matches the screenshot I posted.

Unfortunately it must have been right on the cusp of them ditching MS space bucks and letting you use actual money, so it doesn't tell me what I've actually bought, just the points. Purchases after this are all normal transactions.

tl;dr

I haven't the slightest clue if I bought the dlc or not.
  • I’m sure I didn’t and I’ve just set my Xbox to install it, I’ll see when I get home i suppose
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • digi wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Genuine question before you all jump on me, Is this the same as remote play? If not what are the differences? I like having the odd game of rayman at pub while I wait for people. I also enjoy doing a nightfall while sat on bog. If this isn't too expensive it could be decent.
    It’s closer to Onlive/PlayStation Now (is that what it’s called?) than remote play.
    Cheers pal.
    So does that mean it's time for us all to jump on you now?
    At least let me get hard first ;)

Hah!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’ve got £400 cash and the wife’s away. Do I buy a bone and fh3, bonex fh4 or none of the above
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Frantic says it's showing as available to install for him even though he's sure he never bought the DLC.

I mean, I may have bought the dlc. I've slept a number of times since September 2012.

Sooooo, because I've been bored for the last hour at work I have decided to investigate. I've trawled through my order history and found a purchase on the date that matches the screenshot I posted.

Unfortunately it must have been right on the cusp of them ditching MS space bucks and letting you use actual money, so it doesn't tell me what I've actually bought, just the points. Purchases after this are all normal transactions.

tl;dr

Well I am almost as sure as you that I didn't buy the DLC because I didn't know there was DLC and I'm now downloading the remaster without charge.
  • Bob wrote:
    I’ve got £400 cash and the wife’s away. Do I buy a bone and fh3, bonex fh4 or none of the above

Second option would seem sensible if you have a TV that supports the extras and hope to join FNF at some point soon.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:

tl;dr

It's downloading for me, I'd bet a considerable amount of money on the fact that I didn't buy the dlc. Maybe it was included with the game though, I doubt I bought it at launch, 360 was the king of consoles for half price Indies.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh it's so shiny and fun. Awesome surprise this.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    I’ve got £400 cash and the wife’s away. Do I buy a bone and fh3, bonex fh4 or none of the above

y20FvSG.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I bought it and paid full price for it because I didn't know about the deal. Poor form from Klei.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bob wrote:

OMG, return of LeBob?
  • Have you all switched to 4? Even unlikely?
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, it's wonderful.

You'll get a month Gamepass with a Bone Bob, could even play it for a month and see if a discount happens?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can’t imagine 3 getting played on a Friday for months, if ever.
  • Ninja was in my install list, downloading the remaster now. Pretty sure I only bought the full game.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • There's Burnout Paradise Remastered in the EA Access vault. Won't get a look in with FH4 doing the rounds but it's good to know.
  • Decided to wait and pick up a second hand bone
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Decided to wait and pick up a second hand bone

Why??? Get an X, you can get some decent deals at the mo
  • The only thing I want to play is fh3/fh4 and I’ve seen second hand bones for about £150.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    The only thing I want to play is fh3/fh4 and I’ve seen second hand bones for about £150.

I have an Elite model One that has the hybrid ssdhd in it after upgrading to an X. Where are you based?

The X is glorious btw, for FH4 and FM7.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I like the fact it’s the console with the bestest grafix and driving games.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You forgot controller.
  • And private lobbies.
  • Christ it’s not long before the fan boys come out
    The Forum Herald™
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Call it reasons to be cheerful?
  • Forza 7 is a beaut too if you like your hardcore itch scratching.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Look at em giving it large now Xbox has a game eh Bob smh
  • Oli as in Olimite, or another Oli?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Still seems a slightly slow news day article really. 
    There's vast hurdles to a streaming future. 

The network infrastructure in the UK and the USA is mainly a bit shit and not particularly close to getting up to game streaming scratch for the majority. I'm in suburban London on fibre 50+ connection and I'd be buggered if they could get me a decent, reliable, consistent stream over that BT connection. Be it BT, MS, Google..Amazon.. datacentres are all well and good but the structural hurdles are still very much in place. They can get all kinds of creative with predictive this and ultrafast that but.. I'd still have significant concerns in the current structural situations. My fibre connection still comes in over copper from the street cab down the road, into an upstairs bedroom through a pretty cheaply built and shonky BT fibre router via some homeplugs into the downstairs etc etc.. it's more than fine for Netflix or a Destiny/Forza MP session but I can't expect that to hold up particularly well to 2 way streaming 4k60 daftness. Surely that's what the nextgen MS and Sony consoles are going to be using to sell the next gen of TVs when this streaming gubbins is trying to be sold? 
    There's little incentive for the operators (BT/Openreach/Virgin) to massively invest in ultrafast and low contingency Fibre to the Home to make it serviceable. It'll be sort of ok for some slow gaming stuff for the next decade or so.. as long as you're near major cities.. 

The 5g roll out is also being kicked so far down the road that that's a pipe dream if they're banking on that picking up anytime soon. I'm sure they can make a lovely video or 2 about it but the upgrade of kit on every roof top is... well.. it  should happen in .. well.. it should happen. Probably. Eventually. 

Vast proportions of the main markets (Western EU and USA) are still so very much at Gman levels of internet that this is still a funzies marketing Clod gaming bollocks for the next few years. It makes for some snazzy slides at the latest Google or MS meets I suppose..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!