Xbox One
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is it over already? My whittling was more extreme than planned. Ah well.
  • I think only some games were 3 days, not all.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ok, I bought on Xbox online store, can’t seem to get the games to install on my BobeX.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Do they show as owned?

Were you definitely logged in as you?
  • Yeah shows purchases that I had made on Bone itself. I go to new purchases and there’s no option to install to my Bone X. How do I add it? Says to sign in on my device but I already am. Logged out and in and that didn’t help.
  • Might have to play around with some settings and stuff and reboot and stuff and ffs what a pain.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ready to install section of ‘my games and apps?’
  • Have you gone to the game's store page on the Xbox? Make sure it is the correct version of the game as well (collectors edition etc)
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Ready to install section of ‘my games and apps?’

Nope. Nothing there.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Have you gone to the game's store page on the Xbox? Make sure it is the correct version of the game as well (collectors edition etc)

I’ll try that after playing around with some settings according to an faq page.
  • Got it working. Needed to reboot machine properly and sign in, seemed to do it on console. Still can’t do it online for remote install  but never mind.
  • So I decided to abandon the idea of getting an OLED, mainly from researching on AV Forums and seeing that there is still a risk of burn in with OLEDs, you have to treat them 'right' to completely avoid this.

'Right' meaning don’t watch tv programmes with logos in the corner or play the same game for hours on end, neither of these I can guarantee. There are some horror stories on AV forums of people forking out thousands for an OLED only to be left with a ghostly imprint of 'Good Morning Britain' in the corner, what an absolutely horror story, the burn in must be pretty bad to deal with too..hoho. It isn’t covered under warranty either so if you get it, you’re stuck with it, not something I want to risk. 

Anyway, I’ve decided to go for a Samsung Q9FN 65 incher instead as it has Zero risk of Burn in and supports freesync and VRR. There’s a video of the one X running on a Q9FN on YouTube, I’ll link it below, showing some games running at 1440p and 120fps, while others which were limited to 4K 30fps run now at 60fps too. 

Anyway again, the reason for this post is to say I’m looking forward to playing Xbox one X on a 4K tv finally. My wife is looking forward to having a 42 inch in the bedroom, so am I.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've just grabbed a new TV too. Nothing fancy, just a 4k 43" Philips Ambilight jobby. I thought the Ambilight would be a bit gimmicky but it's actually really impressive.
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    My wife is looking forward to having a 4.2 inch in the bedroom, so am I.

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • That’s being generous, sir!

• He meant cm
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    4.2 inch is a good girth TBF.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    So I decided to abandon the idea of getting an OLED, mainly from researching on AV Forums and seeing that there is still a risk of burn in with OLEDs, you have to treat them 'right' to completely avoid this.

'Right' meaning don’t watch tv programmes with logos in the corner or play the same game for hours on end, neither of these I can guarantee. There are some horror stories on AV forums of people forking out thousands for an OLED only to be left with a ghostly imprint of 'Good Morning Britain' in the corner, what an absolutely horror story, the burn in must be pretty bad to deal with too..hoho. It isn’t covered under warranty either so if you get it, you’re stuck with it, not something I want to risk. 

Anyway, I’ve decided to go for a Samsung Q9FN 65 incher instead as it has Zero risk of Burn in and supports freesync and VRR. There’s a video of the one X running on a Q9FN on YouTube, I’ll link it below, showing some games running at 1440p and 120fps, while others which were limited to 4K 30fps run now at 60fps too. 

Anyway again, the reason for this post is to say I’m looking forward to playing Xbox one X on a 4K tv finally. My wife is looking forward to having a 42 inch in the bedroom, so am I.

Great choice, it’s an amazing panel. Takes a lot of messing with the settings but beautiful picture and so so bright. RDR2 looks amazing on it. Well, everything does. Blacks aren’t perfect but to be honest on QLED and the like they never will be but that’s fine with me.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    He meant cm

That’s being generous, sir

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Noting down deals I may be interested here so I don’t forget them all before I get to the end.

Return to Arkham £10
    Dead Cells £16
    Mad Max £7.50
    Minit £5.35
    Okami HD £11.19
    Recore £11.24
    Shenmue 1&2 £16.74
    Disney Afternoon whatsit £4
    RDR1 £8.24

Okay, I’ll do some whittling over the weekend.

Finally went for Return to Arkham, Mad Max and Strider which I missed the first time around but was only £3.40.

You may now disembark your tenterhooks.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Noting down deals I may be interested here so I don’t forget them all before I get to the end.

Return to Arkham £10
    Dead Cells £16
    Mad Max £7.50
    Minit £5.35
    Okami HD £11.19
    Recore £11.24
    Shenmue 1&2 £16.74
    Disney Afternoon whatsit £4
    RDR1 £8.24

Okay, I’ll do some whittling over the weekend.

Finally went for Return to Arkham, Mad Max and Strider which I missed the first time around but was only £3.40.

You may now disembark your tenterhooks.

Bought Return to Arkham - which I've been meaning to get for ages - cheers for the heads up!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Finally received a replacement Scorpio X today after making use of MS' Advanced Exchange. Took a bit of cajoling, two weeks and a bit of online chat before it got sent, but a few days after that it has arrived from Frankfurt.

Looks very much to me like they've sent a new one, no signs of use, IR still has it's protective cover on. Just the console has been sent, no cables or frippery, I am only required to send the faulty console base back itself.

Gave it a quick boot of RDR, which before turned the old Bone into a hairdryer, now much much quieter, Horizon 4 also used to give it a workout especially when viewing the map, again now quiet. Hopefully that is how they stay. Generally feels more responsive around the OS too.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Strange Brigade is the notable addition to Game Pass next week.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Heard that mentioned on TCGS this week and looks interesting. I'd certainly be up for some co-op, it's a relative rarity these days.
  • SW Battlefront II now in the EA Access Vault. I still have no interest.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That Gardens puzzle game thingy that's been added to Gamepass seems to have been recieved well. I'm interested in that Xcom style Mutant game that's coming next week too.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    That Gardens puzzle game thingy that's been added to Gamepass seems to have been recieved well. I'm interested in that Xcom style Mutant game that's coming next week too.

Started that yesterday and it is a nice little game. Seems very short and simple but it is a nice slice of calming gaming.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!