Xbox One
  • Yeah I watched a good video about it the other day. Looks great, but incredibly hardcore.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Here we go...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • I saw that one the other day, I might get it as you can get it for £25
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Thought here might be the place for a quick service update on an Elite Series 2 pad?

Got one on launch and it's a lovely  little thing. Heavy, fiddly etc etc.. Jolly Good.. 

Except... it seems the build quality isn't all quite there? Shame for all the money the fekking things cost but hey ho. The internet tells me (dangerous place to go for this info I'm well aware) that the problems I've had are not that out of the ordinary. 

When I got it the fact that the A or X button wouldn't always work when you pressed it seemed occasional enough to make me think I wasn't quite hitting it right? Maybe? All a bit odd but you'd get sort of ghost presses where it didn't register. I'm not the only one with that problem apparently but that seemed to die down after a while or I got used to it. Fair enough.. sort of.. 

The actual big problem that got me to send it back to MS currently for a replacement is that the left stick just is a complete duffer. I use it mainly on PC so the app there showed in stark relief the problem. It often wouldn't be able to recenter correctly and get stuck 'up' a bit. You'd just end up walking about into walls in Surge 2 when I noticed it the most. As this pushed me into the app to  look at the stick responses I also found out that pushing the stick up also responded kind of slowly and often not making it to the full 'up' input. Drifty, whiffly nonsense. Disappointing to say the least. 

This doesn't seem to be a unique problem to MS though as a lot of the crappy Joycon sticks are showing the same drifty problem. The PS4 controllers seem least susceptible in my extremely unscientific usage study. 

I first tried Amazon for a quick replacement but they've got none in stock and no idea when they're getting anymore in. Only offered me a  full refund when I sent it back in. No fanks.
    On the plus side though after I actually managed to get a MS support dude on the phone it has been fairly clean to get it back to them to try to replace. Sent a postage label, chuck it in a box, get it dropped off at a newsagent and it's now arrived in Germany. Not too sure when it's coming back but I found it touching that a MS dude phoned me up recently to say... that they had no idea when it was coming back either but they had got it.

I've read of folks online who've got through a few of these pads in this process before they get one that works as intended sadly. 

Fingers crossed. I'm hoping they use more resilient parts for the BonerX SexBOx.. or I get one that's less of a duffer at least.. 

Tl;dr MS support are nice, their expensive pads are, in my experience, a bit janky. YMMV
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Unlucky mate, hope it’s returned soon. I’ve had two Elite Series 1 pads and just the one series 2 but haven’t had any issues. I think MS are pretty quick with a turnaround in normal times, hope the current situation doesn’t mean it takes an eternity.
  • I'll never buy one of those elite pads again. Fucking terrible.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Best peripheral I've ever bought. Can't play without paddles now, going to Switch Pro or PS4 feels like I've got missing fingers.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Best peripheral I've ever bought. Can't play without paddles now, going to Switch Pro or PS4 feels like I've got missing fingers.

Thought I’d use the free PS-Now sub, bloody horrid pad for me after putting loadsa hours in on the elite recently.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Do you have a preferred set up for them?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    X upper left, B lower left, Y upper right, A lower right.

Sometimes put bumpers on them for other games but the above is my general profile I have saved. Basically whatever is used most in a game so I can avoid taking my thumb off the stick or using the bumpers. I've got a profile saved for those games so its easy enough to switch over.

Really doesn't take long to get used to using them.

For FPS games I struggle without them now. Too used to being able to reload, crouch, jump and change weapon while still being able to turn and look around.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I've been trying to find a Elite pad for a couple of months now; can't get one for love nor money at the moment.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

Sometimes put bumpers on them for other games but the above is my general profile I have saved. Basically whatever is used most in a game so I can avoid taking my thumb off the stick or using the bumpers. I've got a profile saved for those games so its easy enough to switch over.

For FPS games I struggle without them now. Too used to being able to reload, crouch, jump and change weapon while still being able to turn and look around.

I'm a halfway house. My inferior brain/fingers can only handle one paddle on either side, so jump and crouch go there. I can live without changing weapons or reloading while jumping/sliding and turning.
  • FranticPea wrote:

Right. I'm going to make a concerted effort to start using them. On my death bed I don't want my answer to the question 'Do you have any regrets?' to spew unbidden from my mouth. I'm aiming for something more profound
  • I mean, if Franny can do it then there's always hope.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh thanks Grem. Love you too.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I mean, if Franny can do it then there's always hope.

Hahahahahaha
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Don't know what you're laughing at, bush hugger.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hush, bugger.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh that too.
  • Mmmmmmm Bush
  • Actually I want to hug a Louisiana Bush in Hunt: Showdown
  • I've been trying to find a Elite pad for a couple of months now; can't get one for love nor money at the moment.

I have a Series 1 you can buy if you want? PM if you want to take things further. (With nudes).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I remove the paddles as due to how I hold a pad I keep accidentally hitting 'em. Long, majestic fingers.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You need to be careful putting them on your lap too, many an erroneous paddle press will occur.
  • If I have a game for which I had DLC on 360 but wanna play via BC on Bone, can I?  E.g. Dishonored, I never finished the Witches of Brigmore or whatever it was called, can I pop in the 360 disc and get the DLC on Bone?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yep. It'll be in your purchase history so if you Manage Game via My Games & Apps you'll find DLC under Ready To Install.
  • Great stuff, thanks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I've been trying to find a Elite pad for a couple of months now; can't get one for love nor money at the moment.
    I have a Series 1 you can buy if you want? PM if you want to take things further. (With nudes).

Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm after a second gen.  

I've waited this long, so I may as well wait a little longer for the one I really want.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Finally managed to get a series 2 - collecting from Argos today.

Looking forward to trying the paddles out!
  • Finally managed to get a series 2 - collecting from Argos today.

Looking forward to trying the paddles out!

Your first Elite? I can guarantee it’ll feel weird at first but stick at it as when it clicks there’s no going back.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!