Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So a new teaser for Halo Infinite is up and it's fucking terrible. Finding it very hard to care...

IGN: Halo Infinite - Teaser Trailer.

Double amazing
  • Seems fine to me. More a teaser for those who are into the lore, of course.

Tells you nothing really but we'll see it soon enough. Le shrug.
  • I used to care about the lore. 
    Until Halo 4. 
    Now I don’t want anymore.
    Just wanna shoot full-bore.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've never been into it but I've heard of the Banished.

I'm just very confident the multiplayer will be top tier and it will be an absolute technical marvel. Haven't played a campaign since Reach.
  • What are the Banished then?
    I'm assuming/hoping for a more raw visceral collection of Cov species.

I hope they focus on what made Halo stand out which was those interconnected almost arena like play fields that at times could be as much a puzzle as a shooter.

I'm OK with a third faction but really dont want a third weapon set. Get that Cov/Human weapon set right. Again at it's best Halo's weaponry was a complex rock, paper, scissors game.
  • You could them sound effects in the background that they recorded from using some doodah on an OG Xbox.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I miss Halo mp. Might try and get into infinite tbh
  • I've little faith in 343. The games they make aren't really Halo games. The MP was decent but way too dour and unforgiving. Warzone? was pretty wanky. The campaigns were just turgid shit.

The knockabout MP modes from the first three games are there in some form but absent from that Bungle magic and no longer the romps they used to be.
  • 343 campaigns are dull shit but I feel that way about pretty much all single player games. Their MP has been top tier, 5 was best(ish) of the bunch
  • If there's a well-balanced BR and rock solid lobby/party stuff then I'll definitely give it a shot. Miss my brief time doing bits in 3.
  • 3 had the right balance between refinement and bloat.
  • I can't see what the hook is gonna be for the new game? Destructible environments maybe? I'm certainly not excited for a follow up to Halo 5. That campaign was awful. I just don't think Halo as a franchise can sell systems anymore.
  • I never had much/any interest in the plot to the Halo games, couldn't really tell you what happens or why the elites are replaced with brutes for H3 etc, but the checkpoint to checkpoint gameplay in the best ones made for an excellent sp game on harder difficulties.  It's one of the few games I can think of where I'd go for hard or hardest (Heroic or Legendary), I'm a default settings playthrough guy for the most part (sometimes dropping it down to easy in 3D games of late if I'm not massively into the way they play).  Testament to how good the campaign highlights have been.  Doom 2016 is the only FPS since that I've considered playing on tougher settings.  The way Halo plays made the struggle worthwhile, whereas I always thought the likes of COD were hideous on anything higher than standard difficulty and dying made me switch off rather than push on.  Much as I used to enjoy the COD shooting gallery type respawn stuff people moan about I thought attempts to make it trickier pushed the enjoyment slider the other way.
  • Halo killed other fps games for me in terms of single player. I know it was sleight of hand stuff but the way the ai came across was great and each room become its own individual challenge. LivDivs comment about it being as much a puzzler is so bang on.

COD games really needed the spectacle because the shooting gameplay really didn't stand up to halo as a single player game.

The lore itself got too bloated for me. I started 4 recently and I actually don't really know what exactly is going on. But it's fun so yay.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah I have to agree. The combat on higher difficulties in the first three games is still unmatched IMO. 4 and 5 much less so. If they can capture that thrill of fighting enemies with some semblance of intelligence that would be great. I'm not sure they can though...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What are the Banished then
    I don't know all the specifics. Covenant exiles predominantly made up of brutes, I think.

• LivDiv wrote:
    I don't know all the specifics. Covenant exiles predominantly made up of brutes, I think.

Enemies in Halo Wars 2. A faction that was removed from the covenant that they deemed too dangerous to oppose. Good badies!
  • GWG for July

Xbox One
    WRC 8 (Rally)
    Dunk Lords

Saints Row 2
    Juju
  • I can see GWG dying with next gen.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I reckon so
  • I think it'll be phased out to be replaced by Game Pass
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Enemies in Halo Wars 2. A faction that was removed from the covenant that they deemed too dangerous to oppose. Good badies!

Can't wait for everyone to be buzzing because they played *checks notes* Halo Wars 2.
  • God, I really, really despise tacked on lore and no-one tacked on more shit than Bungie and MS once they’d decided they’d created a MEGABRAND.
  • God, I really, really despise tacked on lore and no-one tacked on more shit than Bungie and MS once they’d decided thefy’d created a MEGABRAND.

God damn thats what they should have called it.

HALO 6: BEHOLD THE MEGABRAND
    (a fun romp of a fps where master chief learns about the values of brand identity and consumer buy-in)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just re-upped on game pass for Observation + a few others, noticed West of Dead is on there too. Hasn't reviewed spectacularly bit I'm installing it now, liked the look from early trailers.
  • So, if I get the gamepass thing for a quid does that last till my gold expires or has that been fixed now?
  • I don’t think it’s an error or something that needs ‘fixing’. It’s something MS know about and are offering. If it has that £1 for for ultimate offer on the dash, go for it! I topped up Live to max 3 years then just paid £1 and got it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Jesus Christ what about the cunt that didn't do that?? Namely, me.
  • Could be worse, you could be the cunt who bought about eight 14 day passes on cdkeys without realising they were for new subscribers only. Thought I was cheating the system, turns out I was just creating a decent meme face no-one saw.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!