Mobile Gaming (iOS/Android/Other)
  • Saw a parent yesterday and their child, in a buggy, was playing around on a fresh iPad Mini, with no form of case of screen protector on it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.
  • Another upvote for the Air 2.
    I love mine. My desktop comp barely gets turned on nowadays.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    All this Air 2 love made me order one. It's quite nice and a bit of a step up from the mini, which now seems tiny.

I'm going to reacquaint myself with Xcom Enemy Within and will try and finish it this time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lumino City. Beautiful little game. I say little but the depth of effort present in the creation of this is amazing. The manual is a wonderful guide to puzzles that puts other bigger games to shame.
  • I'm stuck. Luminosity is so hard!!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Did you mean Lumino City rather than Luminosity? I'm interested in the former (proper video game) rather than the latter (Brain Training style app).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • yes the former. Its rock hard
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • SPL-T is good but fucking hard.
    Dark Echo looks like it'll be good, but I've only scratched the surface.
    Downwell was annoying when I tried it.
    HoPiKo gives you different markers for how well you did, and I switched it off in annoyance when I couldn't work out the criteria.

I hope to spend more time with them all.
  • what type of games are these?
  • Sp-t is puzzle. It's good but I'm shit at it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mk64 wrote:
    what type of games are these?

SPL-T is a puzzle game. You gradually split sections of the screen in two, and it enforces alternation between horizontal and vertical splits. When you create four or more equally sized and shaped sections, they are assigned a score dependent on how many splits you've done. That number then counts down as you add more splits, and then clear once they reach zero, allowing fresh blank space to drop in. I tend to run out of splits in no time at all.

In Dark Echo you've got a top down view of a pitch black world. As you press on the screen, you see footsteps on the floor, and the sound waves they create bouncing off the walls. And you're not alone...

Downwell is presented as an 8bit title, and feels like a Half-brick game. You,re falling down a well, hitting the fire button shoots bullets directly downwards and slows/stalls your descent. There are also buttons to control left and right,and that's where it fails. On-screen controls suck balls.

HoPiKo is a sort of flick-em-up. You control a bit of antivirus software in a broken console, and have to flick it from friendly surface to friendly surface until you can flick it at a virus. Or something. I dunno, it annoyed me with its lack of info.
  • Something called Attack the Light is supposed to be good and is currently £0.00.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I've had a bit of a resurgence in the last few weeks - I've been playing both Broken Sword 5 and Lara Croft Go - both work very well on iPhone 6, although I would probably prefer the real estate of a bigger screen for BS.

Has anyone tried FF7 on iOS?
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Something called Attack the Light is supposed to be good and is currently £0.00.

I'll give that a go. It's a Steven Universe game, which is a bonus.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    TIS-100 is on iOS for £3.

Don't mind buying it again to support the dev.
  • What is it?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    TIS-100 is a 2015 puzzle video game developed by Zachtronics Industries. The game has the player develop mock assembly language code to perform certain tasks on a virtualized 1980 computer that has been corrupted.
  • That sounds perfect for a level computing.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Jesus. Out of my depth.

Downloading the broken sword trilogy. Are there any monkey island games on iOS?
  • dim1.jpg

Into the Dim caught my attention on the app store for it's lovely Gameboy stylings. Haven't had time to play it much, but it's free at the moment if anyone's interested (I haven't played it enough to discern whether it's any good or not).

into-the-dim-walkthrough-ios-android.jpg
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, was following his devlog on TigSource, I really should get round to trying it. Sounds a bit Shiren-y.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Jesus. Out of my depth.

Downloading the broken sword trilogy. Are there any monkey island games on iOS?
    Yes, all of them aside from the 3D MI 3 jobby that came out on PC in the late 80s/early 90s.

• Are they by telltale?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They are, except the ones by Lucasarts which aren't.
  • When I searched monkey island only the telltale ones come up
  • Im sure I recall playing that hd remake of the first one on my phone when it came out
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It definitely was available. Presumably Disney didn't want anything to compete with the full spectrum dominance of Star Wars.
  • danclarke wrote:
    I've had a bit of a resurgence in the last few weeks - I've been playing both Broken Sword 5 and Lara Croft Go - both work very well on iPhone 6, although I would probably prefer the real estate of a bigger screen for BS. Has anyone tried FF7 on iOS?

I have FF7 on iOS and it's tasty.  Only played it on iPad.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It definitely was available. Presumably Disney didn't want anything to compete with the full spectrum dominance of Star Wars.

Yep they've pulled both 1 and 2. Gutted

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!