Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Can't remembered who posted about Warbits, but I've been following it ever since and now they're starting beta testing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RiskyLab/status/694220883875901440

It's looking good.
  • Dungeon of the Endless is rather bloody spiffing, wot, wot. 
    It's hard to describe.
    It's a rogue like dungeon explorer but with resource management elements, RPG elements and a brilliant almost tower defence endgame/escape to every level.

The tutorial is terrible there's pootoob vids and guides online.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Good but nails, and sadly a little restrictive in strategies I found when I borrowed it off Bollo a few years ago,
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I'm really enjoying Twofold Inc at the moment. A great puzzle game, kind of in the Threes vein but not too close. From the guys who made Rymdkapsel. It's finally broken my addiction to Infinity Loop as well.
  • I just can't work out a strategy for it. It at first appears to be quite a gentle puzzler but it quickly turns as hard as nails. Especially when you get a mass of one colour in the middle and no way to get rid of them.

Any tips?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    As much as I'm enjoying it, I'm still not great at it. A couple of things that have helped me though is remembering you can score higher chains than you need to - so if it says 16 you can still do 32 or 64. Try to do this where possible as it helps to minimise those massive blocks of colour. They really are a killer.

Also, any 'extra' that you clear with those big chains goes into the boxes at the bottom of the screen. You can drag these boxes into the puzzle to fill or bridge a gap needed for that colour. Best not to use them too early on though.

Where you have multiple requests for one colour, such as 8, 16 & 16, clearing these in one or two chains instead of three separate ones will help with earning bonus moves and minimising the number of moves you use.

This all might be very obvious but it's all I've got so far so hope it helps a bit. Interested in other tips if anyone else is playing.
  • Yeh. I've tried all that.
    Devishly hard.
  • I'm at an airport with a 5 hour wait for a delayed flight and then 10 hours on the plane.

Can anyone recommend a decent iPad game? I have wifi so that's cool.  Last time I asked about this someone recommended 868 hack, which is excellent. So I could go for something like that or a strategy or adventure game of some sort.  If there was an iPad version of the classic populous I'd happily play that for a while :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Dungeon of the Endless.
  • I think i recommended 868hack.
  • If you're willing to pay Billy, there's Xcom Enemy Within, or warhammer deathwatch. They may well get you through the flight too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you played FTL Bilbo?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm pretty sure I recommended it for his last flight. I can't remember if he'd played it or wasn't interested in it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Let's hope he played and enjoyed it, as the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.
  • I always forget about ftl, that's something I'd probably get really in to from what I've seen of it.

I got dungeon of the endless and really enjoyed the first part, then a young American teacher and her mom came and sat next to me in the cafe. Turns out they're off to London and plan to see some of the towns and villages where films like The Holiday are shot. So they bought me a surprise beer and we chatted for a while.

On the plane I slept for a record breaking 6 hours! All good :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I remember now, you baulked at the price.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    FTL is worth more than a lot of "full games" on other app stores.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Warbits is out on 14th April, it's very Advance Warsy.

There's only 20 single player campaign missions, but there are plenty of maps you can play with the CPU or asynchronous multiplayer. They've said they will add a War Room type thing post game for the single player minded folk.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=flpnEnzE5Yk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There's a 50% off thing on at the moment, I grabbed SPL-T because Simogo and Prune because it looked interesting. Transistor, Brothers, _Prism and a couple of others that look decent are in there too.
  • Thanks for the heads up. Boughted Implosion and Prune.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • warbits out tomorrow - have thought before, why doesn't someone just rip off AW for ios and here it is (hopefully).
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Fingers crossed!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • anyone playing anything good atm? I'm only playing fucking candy crush and solitaire on my iphone. Must be something better? Recommendations/lists please
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just Downwell really, I wish it had pad controls.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    anyone playing anything good atm? I'm only playing fucking candy crush and solitaire on my iphone. Must be something better? Recommendations/lists please

Guessing you've got FTL?

I'm tempted by that Warbits Charlie mentioned above, but no reviews as of yet. For £2.29 I might just give it a go anyway.
  • ftl?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just buy it :-)

EDIT - you won't be disappointed.

Ship to ship combat, random rogue like levels, you can level up your crew while taking on the evil empire and pirate scum. One of the best games on iOS.
  • FTL starships? whats the app called?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahhh now I realise you're taking the piss lol

You got me :-)
  • i'm not taking the piss.. i've looked it up on the app store and when I type in FTL nothing really comes up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!