Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    i'm not taking the piss.. i've looked it up on the app store and when I type in FTL nothing really comes up

Sorry mate, yeah as Tempy said it's FTL - Faster Than Light
  • cheers
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just to confirm - it's made by Subset Games
  • It's just left right left right avoiding oncoming craft?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • No it's a rogue-like game
  • can't find it on IOS..
  • ipad only.... argh
  • It's probably iPad only.

Edit: whoops.

Give Downwell a try, it was under a £ when I got it
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Warbits is a no brainier if you like Advance Wars and asynchronous multiplayer. Still good single-player, but the campaign is short, although you can play all the MP maps vs AI.

I'd certainly recommend it.

Edit:

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-warbits/
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    From the review above:

Warbits is an exceptional game all around, and might be the best multiplayer game you'll find on the App Store.
  • bought downfell and warbits
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    IT'S A NO BRANIER.
  • If you're only playing stuff like Candy Fucking Crush, try something like SpellTower instead.  My most played iOS game.  I never tire of it and even got my 5-year old playing on the plane back from Morocco recently.

I am currently playing Prune and enjoying it.  On iPhone it can be a bit tricky with small screen though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My most played iPhone game is Threes! I still have a quick game most days. The 6144 still eludes me. In fact, I play it so much that I don't have time for much else.
  • Got warbits also. Don't like that you have to automatically capture buildings with infantry/mech units, means you can't attack.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Warbits tutorial is doing my head in - yeah I know I played AW for 100s of hours
    Didn't like FTL
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've played umpteen hours and hadn't realised that you can't do that. There are a few un-Advance Wars things it does that I didn't like to start with, but once I'd stopped trying to directly compare the two, I started to like it a lot more.

Edit: @ The D, obviously
  • how is the AI?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Not that good.
  • adkm
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @adkm1979
    Xbox
    adkm1979
    PSN
    adkm1979
    Steam
    adkm1979

Send message
    I didn't get on with Downwell at all. I'm currently spending most iPhone gaming time playing pktball (fun game, infuriating Crossy Road-style coin system) and a Mancala app. Before that it was Threes! and Drop7. Alto's Adventure and Fotonica also both get regular playtime.

I'm curious about Lumino City. Anyone here played it?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Started it. Very pretty. Haven't really got that far though. Could be really good and if the manual that is part of the game is anything to go by its going to be good value for money.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Alto's is my perfect Apple TV game. Works great with the remote and looks lovely on the big screen.
  • Played a bit more warbits, definitely a reasonable aw clone, not bad for the price of a pint.

Anyone up for starting an mp game this week?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • i'm adjusting to the differences between AW and WB. being able to drop units after carrying them is interesting. Graphically it would help to see more difference in the units and i'd also like to see ranges more clearly/quicker.

Great game though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've only played a few missions but the banter doesn't work for me. It doesn't have the personality of AW but appreciate there were probably a lot more talented individuals on that game.

Haven't played enough to discover game balance yet but initially feels ok.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Stumbled across this, only played it for an hour or so, but it's nicely polished are there seems to be plenty of content.

Advance Wars with Cowboys. And werewolves.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9Vc8eBJrMfc
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Turns out that I'm enjoying this more than Fire Emblem, it's quite simple and all the better for it. GOTY.

http://toucharcade.com/2016/06/10/lost-frontier-review-dang-near-perfect-i-reckon/
  • Two games have been taking up the bulk of my iPad playing time lately:

Sim City Buildit
    It annoys me somewhat that the version of Sim City I used to have on my iPad has disappeared, and now only this cash-grabbing free-to-play version is available. I refuse to pay a penny, which means at times you're limited to a brief period of play before you have to close the game down and wait for a while. You can usually hurry things along, but that would involve paying money and fuck you in the eye if you think I'm going to do that, EA.

Sky Force Reloaded
    Another game hamstrung by the old free-to-play model, but this time much less so. It's a top-down 2D arcade shooter, and it's a lot of fun. The upgrade system isn't entirely smooth, so there's a bit of grinding at times to get sufficient firepower to tackle later levels, but it's fun. You can pay to remove adverts and speed up ship production, which I didn't object to. You can also directly buy stars, the game's upgrade currency, but that would only be not-shit-value if you did it at the very start.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've been doing a fair bit of iPad gaming recently. I played through the Lost Frontier campaign three times, but I think I'm over it now.

Tried Imbroglio, the new one from the 868 Hack guy, but it's not really clicking.

I'm currently quite enjoying Dungelot: Shattered Lands, it's a rogue-like with RPG trappings and well suited to tappy, proddy type gameplay.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!