Mobile Gaming (iOS/Android/Other)
  • Just bought this after it got a fairly decent review in The Metro, it's another endless runner this one fusing elements of Grim Joggers and Jetpack Joyride, it's pretty good fun and worth the 69p. You run along dodging obstacles and growing your zombie army by eating bystanders you come across along the way, initially you can only people stood on the street but after your numbers swell you are able to take on people in cars and buses. 

There are numerous power ups to be had and the usual shop which you can use in game currency, which seems pretty easy to come across in game or as usual you can purchase them with real cashmoneydollars.

All good/10

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zombie-carnaval/id529652920?mt=8
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Didn't realise there was an Edge Extended... but then I've not got very far with the first one - only bought it to annoy TL really...

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/edge-extended/id455112100?mt=8
  • I has it. Is good.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just trying out Launch Centre Pro. Not a game, but a pretty nifty action/app launcher. 

I like that you can create a Group (your missus or a group of mates, for example) and build actions around that particular person(s).

Not sure how much time it would actually save you but it's nice enough.
  • KoF 13 is on sale for £2.99.
  • Oh rly? I have KOF i2012. Pretty good. Better than the SF4 games at any rate.

Is this a new one then?
  • Erm.. I mean KoF 2012.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    Only reason I want an ithing is gaming, i'm leaning back towards pad now. Tempy, I live in Notts, if it wasn't for your sick, twisted mind I'd love to get together for some boardgaming.
    I've got a mate that works in Tesco (hasnt everyone?) so he got mine for me using his 10% discount, this meant I could get a (at the time, not sure what the price is now) 16gb iPad 2 for £297, I had to go for the basic one as I was a bit skint but a mate said the difference between a 2 and a 3 was hardly anything but then another mate said go for a 3 as you'll regret having an 'inferior' model. I listened to him and got a 32gb iPad 3 for £431 and I don't regret a single penny of it, absolutely without doubt the best thing I have ever bought.

The retina display is worth the extra money on its own with my additional purchase of Apple TV being the icing on the cake, cracking for duel screen gaming, ideal for photo sharing and decent enough in its own right, so much so that I am going to buy another one for the bedroom.
  • Yep, Retina display is gorgeous, the latest one is worth it just for that.

I'm defecting from PC to Mac shortly and was looking into the new MacBook Pro with Retina display. A bit too expensive for me. :(
  • I'd love one but, £431? Jesus.
  • I got the 64GB model, but used 10% off using work benefits package thingy, £50 vouchers that work gave me for something, and £40 that I had on my pure HMV points card. So I got the £560 model for £414. Not too bad, I guess. I use it now for reading on train, spreadsheets and stuff, entertaining my little one, videos etc. Great stuff.
  • It's £250 too much still.
  • Too much for a toy, I'd rather have a good spec laptop.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I don't need a laptop plus I presume you've never sorted cocaine off a keyboard, it's cut enough as it is without adding crumbs, fluff and pubes to it!

NB: I have never snorted coke of a laptop or an iPad, in fact I've only ever snorted it once and it was off the ever faithful nightclub toilet cistern!
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Okie dokie; I know this has been done but I'm too lazy to scan the thread. Maybe it was at the oldrum. 

I've just got a pad (2 16gig, now that they're quite cheap) so what are the not to be missed pad-onlys?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Tempy wrote:
    It's £250 too much still.

Mine cost me £25 a month for 15gb of mobile data. I paid for it by hawking my phone to O2 recycle.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Changing to part time job = no more pay monthly stuff!
  • Free fruit ninja, but you have to register for your code:

http://anniversary.fruitninja.com
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I did this when reg posted in the deal thread - said my code had already been used. :(
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    If its for the HD version I'll do it.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I've been playing Plague Inc.  [...]

Infecting Greenland and Iceland is tough

Picked this up at the weekend, would recommend also. Surprisingly difficult end-game, due in part to the aforementioned Greenland. Just about to start what I hope will be my first 'normal' difficulty victory - think I've sussed all the factors needed to wipe out the human race.

The game also takes on a new dimension of immature humour if you name your disease carefully.
    Your mum has infected hundreds.
  • I played a couple of games. Managed to infect all but Caribbean first time, infected all but New Zealand second time. Germ(an)s found a cure to my bacteria second time. Bastards. First time, infection ran out of infectivity. So I have yet to 'win' a game. What determines how many DNA points you can get? I run out and so cant mutate/develop the strain enough to kill everybody. 

Don't understand how some people are getting such high scores on leaderboard. I got 62. People have hundreds of thousands. I guess I have to win to get so much points, yes?
  • Yeah. Not sure how they're getting those ridiculous numbers though, I got about 11, 000 with my win earlier.

I find that you've got to balance the infectivity traits carefully depending on your starting point. Hold off on mutating too much stuff until you get some momentum. Once people start dying you start to get more points. I had a game where I'd infected everybody, but wasn't killing anyone, just sat there while the cure was slowly developed and wiped me out.
  • I killed everyone on the planet on my first go, except the uninfected Caribbean. Means I 'lost' the game and only got 62 points. Bah.
  • Ok guys, i'm visiting my Dad and he's treated himself to an iPad3 fr his birthday. Games/Apps he should get? Free ones or cheap ones are best, I reckon he's skint now!
  • Plague Inc. for 69p, Tempeh.

@hylian_elf, it seems to rise depending on the rate of infection and the rate of death. So, the more rapidly one or the other is increasing, the more DNA points you'll get. Infect quickly, then start becoming more lethal. As death sweeps across the planet, your DNA rises quickly. Keep it in the bank, as it were, and scale back your symptoms to slow the rate of death, leaving those symptoms that help spread the disease, and work a little more on how infectious you are. Once you've got those tough islands infected, rack up your lethal symptoms again.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The bottom right section seems to kill quickly enough for me. I'm on Fungus now and it's really slow infection speed is rather dull after the virus funtimes.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • The virus is mental - gets all lethal on its own, the cheeky little blighter.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    The bottom right section seems to kill quickly enough for me. I'm on Fungus now and it's really slow infection speed is rather dull after the virus funtimes.
    I've found your SMS, I'll send tht money over today. I'm really sorry for the delay bud but I clean forgot about it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!