Mobile Gaming (iOS/Android/Other)
  • I'll be getting them both then.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tempy wrote:
    If you've got an iPad can I heartily recommend Assassin's Creed Recollections? It's a slick real time card game with a lenghthy campaign and is free to play. I hammered it at my Dad's and really loved it. I have it on the iPhone too but it works much better with the bigger iPad screen as its easier to read card abilities and stuff.

Tried it on the phone, nice game but you hit a pay-brickwall a couple of levels into the story.
    Got frustrated and deleted it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Tried it on the phone, nice game but you hit a pay-brickwall a couple of levels into the story. Got frustrated and deleted it.

Hmmm, really? Hate those kinda games. I'm all for demo/lite versions where you pay to unlock full game, but hate IAP heavy games or free ones that eventually you get stuck on and have to pay. Feels cheap.
  • You basically hit an opponent that you can't beat without luck or paying for better cards.
    Or you are a savant.
    I tried a lot, went on the web and saw that others were having the same problem and gave up.
  • Where did you get stuck? I cleared all of Italy with the starter deck, you earn points to buy more cards anyway. There is some luck involved with the base set, but knowing how your opponent is playing can help you drastically.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm starting to hate IAP immensely, Tiny Towers had it right as you could progress without spending real money but from the sounds of things a lot more games are starting to turn more towards this stopping you progressing without spending more moolah...
  • Tempy wrote:
    Where did you get stuck? I cleared all of Italy with the starter deck, you earn points to buy more cards anyway. There is some luck involved with the base set, but knowing how your opponent is playing can help you drastically.

I think it was number 5. Maybe I got unlucky with my starter deck. I seem to remember that you can't grind previous opponents for more coins. So if you get stuck you get stuck.
    I remember no matter what I did the AI just counteracted every card, I tried different deck styles and different play styles, I just couldn't get past it. I think there where lots of people with the same problem.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    What's this air mail that someone mentioned? Is it just a flight game where you hit rings?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • The thing about trading card games is that you're supposed to buy cards to improve your deck, as long as people play in that mindset it gives you an incentive to buy cards and play against others.

I need to set up a Ubiplay account.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Subbax wrote:
    What's this air mail that someone mentioned? Is it just a flight game where you hit rings?
    And fetch quests, I think.  Seem to remember looking at it a while back and deciding the flight mechanic sounded more like Rogue Squadron than actual flight and not bothering.  Wish Glu would make another Glyder game, those were the bollocks.

EDIT: Okay, it is generally like Rogue Squadron, but the flaps mode looks interesting enough that I've picked it up.

• pantyfire wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Where did you get stuck? I cleared all of Italy with the starter deck, you earn points to buy more cards anyway. There is some luck involved with the base set, but knowing how your opponent is playing can help you drastically.

I think it was number 5. Maybe I got unlucky with my starter deck. I seem to remember that you can't grind previous opponents for more coins. So if you get stuck you get stuck.
    I remember no matter what I did the AI just counteracted every card, I tried different deck styles and different play styles, I just couldn't get past it. I think there where lots of people with the same problem.

Hmm, generally just hamered out the lowly militia guys and got lots of revenue, smashed the opponent with properties and kept using that militia training card to win battles. The rules are fiddly but when you get used to it you can get big numbers quickly.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Tried Airmail once or twice and it hasn't been fired up since. Might give it another crack then? 

That nihilumbra from the last page seems oddly different and decent so far. Gets good reviews but I'd stay well clear of the daft tilt controls as usual. Tilting the iPhone away from you to jump in a platform er can never of seemed like a good idea surely??
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I'm starting to hate IAP immensely, Tiny Towers had it right as you could progress without spending real money but from the sounds of things a lot more games are starting to turn more towards this stopping you progressing without spending more moolah...

Kinda like arcade games back in the day?

I think done well it's not a problem and I don't begrudge paying the devs their fair share, it is however becoming ubiquitous as more and more people take up this model. I guess when the entry price is so low you have to make your money back somehow?
  • The problem is, you don't want to start playing a game because you have no idea what the cost of it is going to be.  That's shit.
  • I'm currently compiling an iPad list of games I'll be saving for holiday - greatly tempted by a 3DS XL - but having just bought the iPad I'm sure there'll be enough to keep me busy. I'm trying to avoid anything quick fix and instead looking at things that will keep me hooked over a 10 day period:

- Monkey Island 2 (played this countless times, but my favourite of all time - Looking forward to playing it on iPad)
    - Machinarium
    - Sid Miers Pirates
    - Aquaria
    - Swords And Sworcery
    - Sonic CD

Any others I should consider? Any decent RPGs?
  • Get Assassin's Creed Recollections, its free!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Get Assassin's Creed Recollections, its free!

I saw the trailer and it looked quite interesting - but isn't it a FTP where they get you by the balls to pay out for cards once you're hooked on it?
  • It is FTP but I played through all of the Italy campaign without buying a single card. Rich from Edge frequently extolls its virtues on twitter and he's spent around £15 on it since it launched three months ago but he mostly plays multiplayer. I think you can probably clear the game on SP with a bit of luck.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Is there anyone on here that plays Song Pop?

If so, I'd love a game.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Is there anyone on here that plays Song Pop? If so, I'd love a game.

I think I deleted it. Downloaded it and never played it.
  • Well, now I know someone plays it, I can DL again.
  • danclarke wrote:

Groove Coaster and Beat Sneak Bandit are essential. Get Dodonpachi Resurrection for shmup action.

RPGs... Dunno, you could try Chaos Rings.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Groove Coaster and Beat Sneak Bandit are essential. Get Dodonpachi Resurrection for shmup action. RPGs... Dunno, you could try Chaos Rings.

Beat sneak looks great I'll definitely go for that - I've got chas rings on the iPhone - not entirely convinced with it but that might be more down to it being on a phone than the game itself...
  • Haven't tried them, but Exitium and Across Age got good ratings.
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Outwitters seems to be getting some buzz on touch arcade. I likes me a good strategy, will try it later. Seems to follow a similar model of free/pay as hero academy.

http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/04/outwitters-hits-the-app-store-heres-a-primer/
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Oh god hex based strategy gimme
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Outwitters seems to be getting some buzz on touch arcade. I likes me a good strategy, will try it later. Seems to follow a similar model of free/pay as hero academy. http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/04/outwitters-hits-the-app-store-heres-a-primer/
    Yes, someone heard my cry for another asynchronous strategy game!

GETTING.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I picked up Dead Space for the iPad from the current crop of sales, nothing else really floats my boat from them...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!