Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Statistical.
  • I played a bit of Uncharted round a mate's once and don't feel the need for any more.

I saw someone playing Champ Man round a mate's once and don't feel the need for any more.
  • Uncharted combat gets better as you increase difficulties ala halo.

Makes me think you are all hating but you are all just there to hate anyway.
    (most of you are)
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Uncharted combat gets better as you increase difficulties ala halo.

(most of you are)

Nah not buying that. Uncharteds enemies are dumb as fuck, just get you easier on harder difficulties (which aint that hard if you actually want, just switch thay auto target option on).
  • The issue is also the number of enemies they chuck at you. Hordes of enemies isn’t fun unless it’s an all out arcade shooter (like Doom).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • digi wrote:
    Uncharted combat gets better as you increase difficulties ala halo.

Surely that applies to any half decent combat, hell, any half decent skill based game?

(most of you are)

I wanted to like it, that's why I played it. I just found it boring.
  • I've enjoyed all of them that i've played, but the combat is just not interesting to me in the slightest. I enjoyed it in UC2, but i've played better games since then. Getting mobbed from all angles in 4 was tiresome.

I don't even know why I'm justifying myself. The idea i'd hate a game just to hate it is laughable. I've got better stuff to do with my time than make up stuff like that.
  • I might be interested to play through the walking simulator aspect of it if there's an auto target option that makes the combat basically no effort.
  • 2 was great, combat was fine. That's all I got.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Oh, except the final boss, jesus.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I only played one of them, 2 I think, didn't play for long. I agree with Elf, too many waves of enemies with no real interesting tactics. I turned it off midway through a shoot out and never went back.
    TLoU had shit combat as well. Both games would have been much better if they just took it out.
  • I really liked the combat in TLoU. Gunplay felt important, like it had consequences. It missed the mark fairly often, but when it was good it was really good.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    I might be interested to play through the walking simulator aspect of it if there's an auto target option that makes the combat basically no effort.

Certainly makes it easier though you do need to keep cover.
  • AJ wrote:
    I might be interested to play through the walking simulator aspect of it if there's an auto target option that makes the combat basically no effort.

There is an aim assist option in the game which I turned on. But I tried stealthing the game which made it much more enjoyable.
  • How much can you stealth through? If there's a stealth route for every battle, it'll move up the list considerably.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tormentum: Dark Sorrow

A point and click game where you wander through a world inspired by this guy's hellish artwork and it turns out in the end
    Spoiler:
    But that aside, it wasn't bad.

[6] if you like them pointers and clickers out of [10]
  • AJ wrote:
    How much can you stealth through? If there's a stealth route for every battle, it'll move up the list considerably.

Not all the battles but I think most of them. There are still some lengthy hordes but overall I think 4 has fewer than the others. It was a far more talkey walk ‘em-up which I preferred.
  • Thanks, might keep an eye out for it cheap.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Subnautica

If you think Uncharted has far too much killing for the sake of lazy pacing then we have this. First person explore-em-up where you crash land on an alien ocean planet and go on a quest to get home and discover what this green shit growing on your skin is. It has a fairly simple crafting system that doesn't get overbearing (nanomachines and a Star Trek replicator do must of the work for you as long as you get the raw mats) till right at the end when you're building escape projects. In the course of discovery you'll be diving deeper, dodging lots of different kids of teeth, collecting plants to grow (acid mushrooms are great for making computer chips) while making a nice crib or two for yourself to grow food, look after friends and go to sleep overlooking the burning remains of the passenger liner that brought you here.

A5D4102BA36938660FB7E0E903E009DCD69396F3
    D798B2082820BEB956D896633488D5CA3B754E95

I'll miss this place.

I got attached enough to my submarine, the Waldo, that I purposefully removed the mod that enabled it to survive that crush depth it was at, set engines to overheat so a fire broke out and then watched it break apart with gusto. A ceremonial burial of what was to me a self-made NPC.

It was really good but elements of the last few hours were so monotonous in gathering resources I regrettably give it an [8]. More of this type of thing on a plate.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Big things in them waters.

5D73A223956771B767145AC8FDDDFCD9D0749D0C
  • Rime.
    Beautiful.
    Emotional
    Bit boring in places.
    8/10
  • Errr so I completed Far Cry 5's 'story'... Properly one of the worst games I've ever played, at least in terms of the narrative/missions etc. It has the capability of being a great game, they pretty much just need to cut most of it out. The awful awful bullshit that it forces on you is just......  I never would have thought it but I would seriously prefer to have malaria. The ending felt like I'd just been spat in the fucking face.

The open world traipsing and open-ended attacks on strongholds are good, most of the weapons are good, rolling with the two allies you can choose is pretty good. And yeah it's very pretty. It's just the utterly cack-handed attempts at a narrative and psycho baddie dialogue that totally derail it, often. If you play it I strongly recommend to ignore most of the main missions where possible, and try and make your own story up in your head while doing the fun open world stuff. I got it free with an SSD, which is ok I guess. Not worth more than £20, lower the better.

4/10
  • I Am Setsuna. This wasn't great. A reasonable story and combat, but uninspired design overall. Seems as though it didn't have enough time, money, imagination or care put into it. Fortunately it didn't drag on too long. The half price I paid for it is what it should've been from the start.
  • Max Payne 3. Haven't played this since it came out six years ago. I had a really fun time with it, especially once the combat clicked and the harder sections - and the game is quite challenging - became a glorious chance to commit some dizzying, intoxicating violence. The story is strong, and the soundtrack is tops, especially the final chapter in the airport. It's a shame it wasn't a big hit, as I would love to see more Max Paynes.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've often thought about going back to that because I particularly liked the soundtrack, but do remember a lot of it just feeling a slog, for instance the sniper level in the stadium. How did you find it held up?
  • A few frustrating moments, but the game is pretty fair on the whole. Once you understand when to be aggressive - which is most of the time - and when to hold back in cover, everything clicks. It still looks beautiful on an old PS3 too, which is a big bonus. The stadium has one of my all time favourite moments: diving down the steps and killing four people before you land. The story is strong too. Always love a good Noir!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah,was the plot that was driving me back. Think I'll try to find it on PS3 tomorrow!
  • Super Metroid:

Fin, great experience - barring some of the bosses.

Only 60% item collection? Thought I was a bit more thorough... Samus am (prob a wee bit) sadface.
  • Credits rolled on Rayman Legends. Very impressed overall. Lots of smart ideas, loads of content, and real understanding of 2D platform games. Plus a nice mix of silly fun and challenging bits. And great music too. Some ideas were overused - too many forced scrolling levels and placement of secrets especially - and the controls can work against you in certain situations (wall running - urgh), but the good easily outweighs the bad.

Wouldn't put it quite up there with the real 16 bit classics, but it's not far off, and more accessible of course.

Will almost certainly play more as well. Have hardly touched the Origins levels yet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!