Pro Wrestling
  • Wronged party? I assume it was just Summer getting revenge, who cares anyway, pointless.
  • That round table thing is also a massive missed oportunity. It was just three guys spouting inane bullshit over and over. Given Christians experience alone in ladders match I would have loved to have heard him try and approach it in a more "sports-like" way. In a similar vein, the fact-filled promo for the MITB match was great. If WWE presented its product more like a sport (and yes I know, its a work) than I think the product would improve. There are loads of genuine sports stories that could be adapted for WWE (just look at some of the genuine stuff that goes on in UFC). Always feel they miss the mark by going for a soap opera vibe. And a terrible one at that.
    SFV - reddave360
  • When they first started the pre-show stuff, and added the extra hour to Raw, there was a fair amount of discussion of using this extra time to talk about it in the same way as any sport. The odd exception aside there has been next to no analysis, and it's mostly been "Hey Booker T, say something stupid".

And the extra hour has been used piss poorly too.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    They pinched the excellent Renee from one of our Canadian sports channels that shows WWE, appears to have genuine love of wrestling.

I feel sorry for anyone who paid for that last night pretty poor ppv.
    Things can only get better.
  • John Cena becomes champion because no one else is big enough in wwe right now to be on the cover of wwe 2k15. Pretty fucking shabby.
  • Nah. Cena is champ to be fed to lesnar at summer slam which will lead to a lesnar /roman reigns mania title match after reigns wins the rumble. Or at least, i reckon that's their plan.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Except Lez only shows up one match every three months. If he has the title, it'll barely be visible most of the time until April next year.

Problem with creating a monster by breaking the streak when that guy is so rarely in the picture.
  • I would be guessing they renegotiate? Lesnars got a finite shelf life at this point and if they build him as a killer whoever de thrones him should get quite the rub. Knowing wwe, theyll cock it up anyways.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Emma's been sacked for allegedly stealing a 20$ Iphone case, bit weird
  • That is fucking bullshit, I actually love her.
  • Lol. She's no Earl Hebner, that's for sure.
  • I wish she wasn't dumped in a three month fued with fandango and summer rae along with satin. What a waste. She's vanished anyway now.
  • Ummm, she's just been rehired
  • Weird. I don't like her, I thought her gimmick was awful and wouldn't care if I never saw her again. Presumebly they will do nothing with her again now she's back.
  • She was great in NXT and she's massively cute, sort yourself out.
  • Not denying her looks, but her gimmick is dogshit, and shes alright at best in the ring. Since they barely feature diva's, I'm happy with AJ, Paige, Natalya Tamina and Layla. Not that they'll ever actually fucking use Natalya properly.

God, why can't they get Beth Pheonix back? Surely she's had enough of family life now? Kids 6 months now right? Thats old enough to dump with Edge.

I would kill for a Diva's division consisting of AJ, Paige, Natalya, Tamina, Layla, Beth, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Kharma and Victoria.
  • That's not a bad line up of gals. There was also a Japanese woman's wrestler who was on tna a while back who could be another work horse for the group.

there is a spot for the likes of Emma and summer rae but i think it is more as the valet / manager who occasionally gets in the ring. Would be nice if the ladies had more character than just an entrance pose as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Summer Rae seems like a pretty decent wrestler to me
  • I agree with that list of women apart from Paige who I reckon is massively overrated. She is women's worst promo, Nikki Bella has better mic skills
  • Come now, she does get beaten up l, scream and get the pin/submission.

She is new though. The dreadfulness of the divas division mean that a rookie has to step up to take over as top star when Aj went on holiday.
  • She's terrible on the mic granted, but she's got skills in the ring. Did you ever see here wrestle in the UK?

I think we have to remember that she's only 21, and has only been on this stage for a few months. She's going to get better, although how much better remains to be seen. If Cody Rhodes can go from Captain Cardboard to where he's at now, then Paige can certainly improve.
  • That is true, never seen any of her UK stuff but that finish she was using where she trips them up was terrible and she has the problem of being flimsy (Gail Kim changed her style to get round this, a problem with the slender women). I Like her headbutts, she needs to stop punching and use forearms (like Kim). She hasn't impressed me to the level of the others you mentioned, but yeah, she is 21.

She does throw better clotheslines than RVD though.
  • Never seen Summer Rae apart from the ppv so I have no problem believing she is better than that. Nice looking too. 

@dogfingers - very good observation on paige. I tend to follow wrestling more through podcasts than actually watching the shows nowadays but i was under the impression from a jim ross podcast that paige has a more aggressive style then she is being let show at the moment and maybe a heel turn could be the best for her. Personality wise I think any low/mid card wrestler suffers because they have to speak in the same soulless company speak as everyone else. From my understanding the better speakers are allowed work off bullet points instead of some copy and paste script.
    SFV - reddave360
  • She was never really a face though. Not a proper onr
  • Mega hyped to see KENTA in NXT.
  • I look forward to his misuse and subsequent release too.
  • Don't even care as long as we get a classic vs Zayn.
  • Throw in Pac as well.
  • Right that's it. Reigns needs to evolve quickly or the perceived backlash is going to quickly become a reality. His promo's are boring, I really dislike all the military metaphors he uses..."I'm gonna assess and attack," hurrr.

He has 2 less moves than Cena and one of them looks rubbish and never hits. Also I'm not digging that costume, even with the newly implemented green piping.
  • What move do you mean?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!